The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive never missed a piece
Its always a miss fit or wrong color by me

Who throws out empty bags and sticker sheets??
Bags go in the box, sticker sheet goes in the book somewhere.
I don't keep the bags or sticker sheets, boxes are flat packed and sets not built are put in ziplock bags. I wish Lego used those from the outset then I would keep the bags, this reducing the environmental impact. They're moving to paper, but I will still be throwing them away :(.

Yep. I don't think I've ever managed to assemble the Emerald Express perfectly. Always seem to transpose one of the 2x6 black/brown/dark grey/dark green plates and end up with the wrong colour for the final steps.

=====

+1 on the brittle red/brown. Had a few of these split just through assembly. The 10197 Fire Station (one of my favourite sets) is sadly especially afflicted.
Use the Lego customer support process online to get these replaced. I believe the current colour is different, but it isn't really noticeable on the ones I have.

The brown 1x1 clips on my Winter Village Station all broke (we put these together every year as part of Christmas prep), I replaced them with black ones as they are not visible on the finished model. I should get around to getting them replaced.

Use the Lego customer support process online to get these replaced. I believe the current colour is different, but it isn't really noticeable on the ones I have.

The brown 1x1 clips on my Winter Village Station all broke (we put these together every year as part of Christmas prep), I replaced them with black ones as they are not visible on the finished model. I should get around to getting them replaced.

What's the brown 1x1 clip? I've never ever had any Lego piece break on me (touch wood), I always commend the quality control for Lego (you certainly get what you pay for considering that s**t ain't cheap).

I also never had a missing piece - it's always user error.

i built Jurassic Park T-Rex rampage and had 5 pieces missing, lucky i hard spares from other sets,only one piece i couldnt replace and it cant be seen, havent bothered fixing yet

What's the brown 1x1 clip? I've never ever had any Lego piece break on me (touch wood), I always commend the quality control for Lego (you certainly get what you pay for considering that sh*t ain't cheap).

In one of mine it was this one, and I've also had the same issue with other clip variants (the clip part is brittle and breaks when you try and snap something into it). This is from a set only four years old.

Capture.JPG

i built Jurassic Park T-Rex rampage and had 5 pieces missing, lucky i hard spares from other sets,only one piece i couldnt replace and it cant be seen, havent bothered fixing yet

Ouch, five pieces? Something went very wrong. Did you lodge a complaint?

In one of mine it was this one, and I've also had the same issue with other clip variants (the clip part is brittle and breaks when you try and snap something into it). This is from a set only four years old.

View attachment 1072928

I haven't seen that piece before, seems poorly designed if so. The similar piece I usually see looks more solid.

2555.png

I haven't seen that piece before, seems poorly designed if so. The similar piece I usually see looks more solid.
Yeah I'm not sure which variant of the piece is in the various sets I have, but the issue in the case of the reddish brown (and possibly other colours) pieces was related to a new colour pigment they used that weakened the final product. It's apparently been sorted now, but I've had this happen across multiple sets.

i didnt, didnt even think of doing that, i thought 5 pieces out of 3000 isnt too bad

You definitely should, it's a fairly simple process you can do online. 5 missing pieces is not common, I've never had more than one even in the biggest sets.

I've assembled numerous 3000+ piece sets with not a single missing piece. That's one thing I admire about Lego.

20210320_160803.jpg

Picked up this bad boy today. Anyone interested in an ongoing review of the build process? I intend to only do it once as I've read this is one of the most technically complex sets at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately due to work commitments I may not get started until the weekend or the school holidays, but I will definitely document it for the folks in this thread that expressed an interest. Thanks for the patience!

Yes please. Also your impressions of the colour match of the lime pieces.

I've read it was a common problem, and I hope I was one of them that got a set with uniform colours. I will definitely post pics if there is a mismatch.

299 now
149 was a steal if anyone got that
It wasn't one of my most wanted, but I couldn't resist at that price. You'd pay more for just the Control+ components by themselves. Not sure where that sale came from, it's unusual to see discounts of that magnitude and I don't think it had been advertised. I caught it on ozbargain.

Yes. A bigger scale than the last one and should be a lot more detailed.

There is apparently a companion set of a Ulysses satellite which is also releasing on April 1. Strangely, this will be available via redemption of VIP points. Haven't seen any more details of this yet.

I have always wanted a large space shuttle and coming with a Hubble Space Telescope? That's an amazing bonus. Any word on whether it has stickers? If not, then I will be happy to pay full price for this one on release. If so, I'll still buy but I can wait.

I have always wanted a large space shuttle and coming with a Hubble Space Telescope? That's an amazing bonus. Any word on whether it has stickers? If not, then I will be happy to pay full price for this one on release. If so, I'll still buy but I can wait.
Yeah unfortunately quite heavy on stickers - there are some reviews on YouTube as well as the Lego designer video. Hubble itself is made of silver pieces, but the reflective inner sections of the shuttle itself are stickered.

Day 1 for me, I'm a sucker for all of the NASA sets.

Yeah unfortunately quite heavy on stickers - there are some reviews on YouTube as well as the Lego designer video. Hubble itself is made of silver pieces, but the reflective inner sections of the shuttle itself are stickered.

Day 1 for me, I'm a sucker for all of the NASA sets.

One reason why I was keen on the Saturn V was because all pieces were printed. Same with the Technic Lambo. Hogwarts Castle I was prepared to cop it as it was a truly astounding set even with the stickers (and it wasn't reliant on them anyway).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back