Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought so as well. Agree with you though, it's something your manager shouldn't be doing (even with a smile). It's a high stress job, but you just know it's more trouble than its worth.

Well, maybe that's one reason he likes staying up in the stands, lol. No surprise that the two of the times he comes to the touchline, something like this happens.

Also, I did report it earlier, but it looks like no action will be taken for the McArthur incident: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ape-punishment-James-McArthur-s-incident.html

Nigel Pearson is set to escape punishment from the Football Association despite appearing to put his hands around the neck of Crystal Palace midfielder Jame McArthur.

The Leicester City boss was involved in an extraordinary clash with the Palace midfielder in the dying minutes of the Foxes' 1-0 home defeat on Saturday.

However, FA rules dictate that English football's governing body can only act upon the incident if it is mentioned in the referee's match report - but the official saw the incident and took no action at the time.

I like Lineker and I don't think Pearson gets to attack someone after what he did, whether he thinks it's justified or not.

Our U21's drew 2-2 with Norwich this morning as well.

Who doesn't like Lineker (and his love for Walkers)? Along with Heskey, they saved the club! I feel both of them are in the wrong. Pearson shouldn't have shifted the blame, and Lineker shouldn't have posted that. Even ignoring his Leicester roots, Lineker is meant to keep neutral in such a case. It's just added more fuel.

Emotions are certainly high now, hopefully the team and management are united for the cause now. It's one thing for on-field performances to be poor, but now its starting to affect our off-field performance too.

I'll also have to take a look later at that U21 match. I'm glad you remembered it. Haven't been able to do much Leicester stuff since the Pearson story. Heck, I still haven't even given my review of the Palace game. Hopefully tonight before it becomes yesterday's news... oh wait...

Who doesn't like Lineker (and his love for Walkers)? Along with Heskey, they saved the club! I feel both of them are in the wrong. Pearson shouldn't have shifted the blame, and Lineker shouldn't have posted that. Even ignoring his Leicester roots, Lineker is meant to keep neutral in such a case. It's just added more fuel.

Emotions are certainly high now, hopefully the team and management are united for the cause now. It's one thing for on-field performances to be poor, but now its starting to affect our off-field performance too.

I'll also have to take a look later at that U21 match. I'm glad you remembered it. Haven't been able to do much Leicester stuff since the Pearson story. Heck, I still haven't even given my review of the Palace game. Hopefully tonight before it becomes yesterday's news... oh wait...
I know we scored our equaliser in stoppage time but didn't see much else past that.

The games are definitely flying in fast now!

I know we scored our equaliser in stoppage time but didn't see much else past that.

The games are definitely flying in fast now!
Here's the report: http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/u21s-report-leicester-city-2-norwich-2-2258897.aspx You know things have been rough when even the Leicester twitter isn't giving much in terms of live reporting for these matches. Dodoo and Chilwell were the scorers. Highlights will come in the next couple of days.

Indeed, Arsenal tomorrow, Aston Villa for the cup on the weekend, and Everton the weekend after. Though, it says Chelsea has been postponed, and that our next game might not be until the 5th of March (10 days after Everton), where we'll play City away. (Geez, imagine if that was still on, Chelsea and Man City in the space of 4 days?!)

We're definitely in for some interesting games ahead, though I'm actually wondering about my expectations for Everton. Do they still hold the same aura as they did at the start of the season? Or do they seem more mortal now that they're in a midtable struggle?

How deflating. Ahh well, at least it wasn't as comfortable as some thought.

Frustrating that we can play like that tonight but s**t against Palace on the weekend.

Kramaric must start every game now. By far our most potent signing. Looking forward to his goal when I can finally find it.

Well, aside from that Man City game (unless they keep up their ‘wonderful’ home form), it is, though do bear in mind somewhere in there, we will play Chelsea due to the postponed game.

Even disregarding that, to have that run home for a relegation contender such as ourselves, this is huge. We control our fate. We need to post Ws against Hull, West Brom, Burnley, Sunderland and QPR, no excuses. Not only do I think we’re better than that dosh, but we need to rob them of points to give ourselves every chance. The disappointing thing is that we only got 5 points from those games the first time round, which is very unacceptable.

I’m feeling better about Swansea now it seems they’ve lost their way a bit without Bony, and we’re playing them here. That match in Wales was a horrid time, so should be different. Newcastle are not that flash either.

All in all, we should be thankful we are given this chance to make amends. I think as long as we’re within 3 wins from 17th, I think we can do this, provided we start the matches the right way (AKA, no questionable lineups).

We also have to remember Chelsea will come somewhere in that line up, most likely leading up to a game, so we must manage the squad well around that time. I think it will be before West Ham, but we’ll have to wait and see.

It's in our hands now. No excuses. You don't get relegated because of one game. I would really like it if we can secure safety on the last day by sending QPR down.

Number of assists from our CMs:

James - 0
Drinkwater - 0
Cambiasso - 0
Hammond - 0
King - 0

That about sums it all up. Nothing from the central midfielders in terms of assists. A lack of service from the midfielders, and little contribution attacking wise. It's all wide.

Number of assists from our CMs:

James - 0
Drinkwater - 0
Cambiasso - 0
Hammond - 0
King - 0

That about sums it all up. Nothing from the central midfielders in terms of assists. A lack of service from the midfielders, and little contribution attacking wise. It's all wide.
Wow, those stats are damning!

Especially because that was such a big reason we were promoted last season. Too much being left to too few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a look at our run in, it's pretty bloody good! Gives me a little bit of hope.

View attachment 108512

April will be the important month. Need 9 points minimum from that. No reason we can't get it either.

May also has a lot of winnable games.
wow thats a great run in, hopefully you guys can get a bit of momentum going in the next few games. Compared to ours which for the last month is especially tough so picking up points now for us is crucial.

Wow, those stats are damning!

Especially because that was such a big reason we were promoted last season. Too much being left to too few.

That's exactly right, and also very concerning now. Just goes to show that we've been struggling there.

Some others have done a comparison, but you can play around with this if you want: http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix
wow thats a great run in, hopefully you guys can get a bit of momentum going in the next few games. Compared to ours which for the last month is especially tough so picking up points now for us is crucial.

Cheers for that. Yes, it's a good run in... a run that didn't exactly see a lot of points the first time around. But yeah, now we will have to do the hard yards to come from behind and pressure those above us into faltering. Hopefully by the time we play Man City, the gap should be reachable.

Got to set the tone and keep the confidence up for Everton. Got to put away Villa, even if we will ugly like we did against Hull. One encouraging stat is the fact Pardrew left Newcastle before our FA game, so I'm hoping for a repeat here.

Have you got any footage of the Kramaric goal Fryer Tuck ?

In glorious 144p for all to see! (Sorry, that's the best I can do). See how Kramaric just doesn't give a toss. He clearly feels this goal should've come a long time ago.

Good cross by Schlupp, excellent finish by Kramaric. But again highlights the 'too little, too late' response. At least it came straight after the 2nd goal.

More of this against Everton please!

You're welcome!

I agree with that statement mostly. It's no good playing him as a solo striker if he's going to be working his own ball in. However, I want to see more Nugent-Kramaric (Or Kramgent). Nugent's linkup work is too valuable, and I feel it will be to Kramaric's benefit. Ulloa was really absent against Villa, and he didn't exactly shine against Arsenal... I don't know, Kramaric and Ulloa don't get along as much as we would like. Also, I think Albrighton has to come on when Ulloa's on as well.

Either way, I want two strikers up there, one linker and one target man. Our midfield just isn't class enough to give the delivery required for a lone striker. When playing 5-4-1, you need both Konch and De Laet/Simpson to contribute to the midfield as well.

You're welcome!

I agree with that statement mostly. It's no good playing him as a solo striker if he's going to be working his own ball in. However, I want to see more Nugent-Kramaric (Or Kramgent). Nugent's linkup work is too valuable, and I feel it will be to Kramaric's benefit. Ulloa was really absent against Villa, and he didn't exactly shine against Arsenal... I don't know, Kramaric and Ulloa don't get along as much as we would like. Also, I think Albrighton has to come on when Ulloa's on as well.

Either way, I want two strikers up there, one linker and one target man. Our midfield just isn't class enough to give the delivery required for a lone striker. When playing 5-4-1, you need both Konch and De Laet/Simpson to contribute to the midfield as well.
Yeah that's valid. I just don't know that Nugent is any better as that target man that Pearson seems to want to play.

Definitely agree that we need a minimum of 2 strikers. Would prefer more of a 4-4-1-1 myself.

Yeah that's valid. I just don't know that Nugent is any better as that target man that Pearson seems to want to play.

Definitely agree that we need a minimum of 2 strikers. Would prefer more of a 4-4-1-1 myself.

Well Pearson has certainly made some interesting decisions this year, let's just leave it at that, lol.

I think we can take 4-4-1-1 to Everton, we don't need to get defensive against them, and quite frankly, we really should be getting at least a draw at Goodison. We need positive, attacking, free-flowing football against them.

Defensive lineup's a bit tricky now that Huth and Upson are available. I would start with Huth and Wasyl as our CBs, leave Upson fresh for Man City. Drop Wes, please Nigel, drop Wes. You should've subbed him out against Villa, please have the cajones to start Huth and Wasyl.

Now... Fullbacks... Simpson's no better than De Laet, and is an inferior attacking player. But at the same time, I don't want Konch on the left. Then again, Wasyl is a natural RB (His influence was very clear against Villa) meaning we could play Upson at CB, and maybe De Laet on the left?

What do we do with them full backs?

Last edited:
Ideally I'd have Huth and Wasyl in as the CB pairing. Our fullbacks are average but they're still the best we got. I can't really split Simpson and De Laet. Simpson isn't much chop but I'd still have him marginally ahead. De Laet is just bang average defensively and at the end of the day, that's his main role.

Fair enough, Simpson for you still. I still think both are similar enough, but with Wasyl providing support, it gives more freedom to De Laet to use his pace and provide more of a midfield presence. I'll still have James and Cambiasso as the midfield pair, though they did let themselves down in the second half.

Also, I still haven't properly seen the Arsenal game, do you remember who was captain? I'm hearing conflicted reports between Konchesky and Camibasso, who was captain when Morgan was off? Do you think we need a better captain? It doesn't seem like Morgan's actually doing anything in a leadership role. I would dare say Wasyl, and even Upson (Nevermind Cambiasso, we all know about that) are more influential on the pitch. I think there will be a leadership change next season.

Sigh, looking at draw, oh what could've been, West Brom in the next round. A decent chance gone begging.

Fair enough, Simpson for you still. I still think both are similar enough, but with Wasyl providing support, it gives more freedom to De Laet to use his pace and provide more of a midfield presence. I'll still have James and Cambiasso as the midfield pair, though they did let themselves down in the second half.

Also, I still haven't properly seen the Arsenal game, do you remember who was captain? I'm hearing conflicted reports between Konchesky and Camibasso, who was captain when Morgan was off? Do you think we need a better captain? It doesn't seem like Morgan's actually doing anything in a leadership role. I would dare say Wasyl, and even Upson (Nevermind Cambiasso, we all know about that) are more influential on the pitch. I think there will be a leadership change next season.

Sigh, looking at draw, oh what could've been, West Brom in the next round. A decent chance gone begging.
I think making Morgan captain was a poor choice. He's not good enough to be starting, he certainly shouldn't be starting. Was would make a good captain.

I would prefer to see Drinkwater and King line up in midfield this week. I love Esteban but he's very slow. Throw James into the mix and our midfield is very one dimensional.

I think making Morgan captain was a poor choice. He's not good enough to be starting, he certainly shouldn't be starting. Was would make a good captain.

I would prefer to see Drinkwater and King line up in midfield this week. I love Esteban but he's very slow. Throw James into the mix and our midfield is very one dimensional.
It's funny, though. Championship season, he was pretty good. Now in the big league... yeah. It's clear that his communication is lacking, and when it comes to setting up defensively, I'm not seeing anything from him. Bench him for once and for all.

That's the most annoying thing, we have a really old defense, ((Schwarzer (42), Simpson (28), Wasyl (34), Morgan (31), Upson(35), Konchesky (33)), and it's not pace we're getting nabbed by, it's these stupid defensive errors from defenders that should know better (Simpson and Morgan being the problem).

Drinkwater and King? Oho boy, that's interesting. They didn't exactly set the world aflame last time against Palace, and I think United before that (To be fair, that was always going to be hard). I really like King, I want to see him in there, but for some reason, he doesn't work well with Drinkwater. I want to try James and King. James at least seems to offer some sort of attacking presence midfield wise (provided he's not the shot taker, though to be fair, he did alright against Villa), and King I would still rate as our most dangerous CM on the offensive. I would really like a Kingy special against Everton.

James and King for me, the right mixture of chance creation and attacking presence up forward. This is the match we need all of our positive energy, and well, these boys will need to stand up, because when Kramaric and Ulloa have to fish their own ball, you're doing a shoddy job.

Drinkwater... man, his best and worst are like poles apart. I'd use him in the final 10, and I would probably like it if he tagged along with James again, just like the good old times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back