Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

I must sadly admit that I don't know much about Chiwell. Can you give me a bit of a run down?

Are we linked with any midfielders atm? I'm a bit out of the loop after this weekend.

First of all:
CFUYD5DW8AAkpI4.jpg

As things stand at the moment, Ben Chilwell is our number 1 youth talent. A left back with the capacity to play CB or LW. Really quick, good crossing (brill left foot), and pretty composed defensively. The only notable weakness is that he will need to beef up. He was often the Captain of the U18 team and aside from the Admiral and Choudhary, one of the best players and few that cracked the U21 team.

He's only 18, capped at the English U19 level, and is making a really strong case of being the best players in our U21s after playing more than a few games last season. There are reports that he is training with the senior team and that everyone at the club rates him very highly. If there is going to be any breakouts from the youth team, it will be Chilwell.

The only problem is that Fuchs and Schlupp are in the way, so barring injury, that will be a tough nut to crack. There are rumours that he will go to a high ranking Championship team in September to get some valuable experience. He is the most exciting thing that looks the most likely to get into the team.

In regards to transfers, honestly I was quite busy myself, so I'm not entirely sure on any new mids. I was as surprised as you about the whole goalkeeper thing. I was even more surprised that Liverpool apparently offered Borlini to us.

Yep, our lack of activity is concerning. I know our squad is still mostly good but we desperately need some midfield reinforcements.
2 centre mid's is what we need i reckon, to help create chances at goal. Signs aren't great but their neither poor (at this stage) IMO. For the pre-season games so far they've swapped all 11 players on the pitch at half-time so it's hard to gauge exactly where we're at it

2 centre mid's is what we need i reckon, to help create chances at goal. Signs aren't great but their neither poor (at this stage) IMO. For the pre-season games so far they've swapped all 11 players on the pitch at half-time so it's hard to gauge exactly where we're at it
Yeah I feel exactly the same. Far too early to be concerned but I do feel we need a couple of midfielders. I'd love a defensive mid and then a CM.

Only 11 days until we thump Sunderland at home! My excitement levels are peaking!

First of all:
CFUYD5DW8AAkpI4.jpg

As things stand at the moment, Ben Chilwell is our number 1 youth talent. A left back with the capacity to play CB or LW. Really quick, good crossing (brill left foot), and pretty composed defensively. The only notable weakness is that he will need to beef up. He was often the Captain of the U18 team and aside from the Admiral and Choudhary, one of the best players and few that cracked the U21 team.

He's only 18, capped at the English U19 level, and is making a really strong case of being the best players in our U21s after playing more than a few games last season. There are reports that he is training with the senior team and that everyone at the club rates him very highly. If there is going to be any breakouts from the youth team, it will be Chilwell.

The only problem is that Fuchs and Schlupp are in the way, so barring injury, that will be a tough nut to crack. There are rumours that he will go to a high ranking Championship team in September to get some valuable experience. He is the most exciting thing that looks the most likely to get into the team.

In regards to transfers, honestly I was quite busy myself, so I'm not entirely sure on any new mids. I was as surprised as you about the whole goalkeeper thing. I was even more surprised that Liverpool apparently offered Borlini to us.
Ahhh yes of course. Chilwell was the one that Arsenal were chasing wasn't he?

Fuchs is 29 (?) and Schulpp can play anywhere on the left side of the pitch. If the boy is good enough, I'm sure he'll play! A loan might not be bad though, even if for 3 months.

Yeah I feel exactly the same. Far too early to be concerned but I do feel we need a couple of midfielders. I'd love a defensive mid and then a CM.

Only 11 days until we thump Sunderland at home! My excitement levels are peaking!
I've never been this excited for a season before to be honest! So much excitement!

Absolutely! The Ranieri regime has only added to that.

Our preparation has been unusual but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Freshens things up :thumbsu:
The thing that makes it exciting is the uncertainty that surrounds us, not sure if it's a good thing, but it'll make for quality viewing this season. Enjoy the ride!

I've put together a video, it isn't finished yet, put it together a few weeks back so Cambiasso does still feature in it. Like i said it's unfinished, but i thought i'd put the first minute or so that i've put together here to get some feedback with what should be added and what should be taken it, whether it be Cambiasso in or out.

Woah. That's some really nice images to fit the lyrics of that at the start. Fantastic. (Call me a corporate suck up, but I always felt that the 9 game streak actually matched the lyrics quite well to Fire. Then again, if we actually won against Chelsea, it would've perfect (Heads Up, Falling Sky). Then again, you could always use the Albrighton goal.)

You know, if you're talking 'If it Bleeds,' then you have to have the Vardy's winner against West Brom. You could say he sniffed a weakness, and well, killed West Brom. (I would've included De Laet mugging Mata, but then again, we already made Man Utd bleed.)

I think you've got to have something for Southampton, Swansea, and Ulloa's goal against Stoke in there. Schlupp against Tottenham. Probably Albrighton against Chelsea. Wood against Everton? I mean, that was our first game back in the Premier League, and that was the first signs that we will go for it no matter what.

Otherwise, looks very promising so far. I have no qualms with Cambiasso being in there. He was great for his one year, and well, we only expected a year from him anyway.

Looking forward to the finished product! (How do you get so much video material?)

2-1 over Beerbelly Abellyion. Vardy brace gets the job done, and man does he work with Albrighton! Now that's an excellent all-English combination!

Chilwell had a very good game by all reports. He was in a back three while Fuchs was at left wing, which was his best game for the preseason. Hammond and King were alright together, though Hammond could do well to serve in a midfield three in a more defensive role. Okazaki seemed very quiet and off the pace by the sound of things, I think he needs a little more time to adapt.

We played: Schmeichel (nearly got a goal), Was, Huth, Chilwell, Albrighton, King, Hammond, Fuchs, Okazaki, Kramaric, Vardy. This was over 90 mins. We had youth players on the bench in case of emergency.

It was a quiet first half (and by reports, we seemed more interested in hoofing it to Vardy rather than trying to try a possession game), but they finally came good at the end. As you can expect, we seemed more interested in preserving ourselves, well, except for Vardy, he was chasing everything down as usual.

We play Rottherham tomorrow with an all next XI for 90 mins. I find it interesting that the 'weaker' team will be playing against the Championship team (even if they narrowly avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth). Hopefully that team is ready to prove a few points as well. I have the suspect feeling the team against Birmingham (our last game) will be the first look of the starting XI against Sunderland, barring any injuries of course (and if Wes decides to play).

2-1 win over the Chuckles. Mahrez and Nugent getting the goals. It also seems like we're incapable of getting cleansheets, always conceding late. A good result also considering the Millers were undefeated until this game, it also means we're undefeated as well!

This game had some similarities to the first one, a bit boring in the first half, but more energetic in the second. Mahrez won CR's praise, Nugent was great. Ulloa disappointing (then again, he never seems to perform in preseason games). We had Watson and Elder in the team, both of them decent with Elder looking more comfortable. He might be playing Championship footy this season.

I have to say, the 2nd team looks good. We could do with some transfers (I don't know if any of you has caught wind at what the hell is going on, but Presidents favouring Villa? Getting outdone by Bayer (I mean, I can understand, but what about da monies?) CR seems more than convinced he's got at least two players by the end of the week), but it seems we have done well enough so far (yeah, lower tier teams and what have you, but we're tracking decently enough).

Expect to see what would be our starting XI this Saturday against Birmingham.

2-1 win over the Chuckles. Mahrez and Nugent getting the goals. It also seems like we're incapable of getting cleansheets, always conceding late. A good result also considering the Millers were undefeated until this game, it also means we're undefeated as well!

This game had some similarities to the first one, a bit boring in the first half, but more energetic in the second. Mahrez won CR's praise, Nugent was great. Ulloa disappointing (then again, he never seems to perform in preseason games). We had Watson and Elder in the team, both of them decent with Elder looking more comfortable. He might be playing Championship footy this season.

I have to say, the 2nd team looks good. We could do with some transfers (I don't know if any of you has caught wind at what the hell is going on, but Presidents favouring Villa? Getting outdone by Bayer (I mean, I can understand, but what about da monies?) CR seems more than convinced he's got at least two players by the end of the week), but it seems we have done well enough so far (yeah, lower tier teams and what have you, but we're tracking decently enough).

Expect to see what would be our starting XI this Saturday against Birmingham.
Yeah the late goals are a little bit concerning!

What do we think regarding the 2 squads? Any clues as to who CR might be favouring? I think Chilwell might get a sneaky start on Matchday 1!

Yeah our transfers are all over the place at the moment. Hard to know who we'll get.

The Chilean bloke will only arrive here if we give him stupid wages. I'd really rather avoid doing that. Our wage cap has worked so well in recent years!

Yeah the late goals are a little bit concerning!

What do we think regarding the 2 squads? Any clues as to who CR might be favouring? I think Chilwell might get a sneaky start on Matchday 1!

Yeah our transfers are all over the place at the moment. Hard to know who we'll get.

The Chilean bloke will only arrive here if we give him stupid wages. I'd really rather avoid doing that. Our wage cap has worked so well in recent years!

I think you're right about Chilwell. If he manages to impress against Birmingham, I think he could sneak it against Sunderland. I'm not entirely sure if its going to be as a starter, but if we're comfortable, possibly as a sub. Sunderland would be great experience for him.

In terms of picking the squad, yeesh, tricky up the top. He just had to have Mahrez and Nugent playing together. To be fair, they combined very well, but so did Albrighton and Vardy. Kramaric also looks decent enough. I want to see a Nugent-Vardy partnership, but I also want Mahrez and Kramaric to start. I'm not exactly sure what CR wants. The fact that Mahrez and Nugent started the same game and combined better is suggesting to me that who ever the three attacking players are, they will have very fluid roles. I'm tipping Nugent-Vardy-Mahrez as the most onform trio.

There were comments from Wes Morgan's contact that he is very concerned about his situation since he's had no chance to meet up with the manager and make discussions about his placements. As we know, he's been an absolute rock for Jamaica, how he isn't captain of that team, I'm not sure (he's Vice Captain though). He's easily the most prepped out of the players, and I expect him to resume his teamwork with Was and Huth. There might be some questions who will start out of Fuchs and Schlupp. Hammond might get in over Drinkwater.

As noted, I think we'll learn which team is truly the starting XI come the game against Birmingham.

I just have this weird feeling that if we nab a good enough name, the rest will come. All that is required is for the ice to be broken. Also, speaking of 'hard to know who we'll get,' have you seen the picture of a random Italian player in front of the clubrooms? We're signing someone, we just don't know who!

It's true, but at the same time, if we want to go anywhere, we're going to have to flaunt it. I mean, we have the ability to offer more money to players than the 2nd tier Champions League teams of the continent (Marseille and Bayer). Players and clubs realise they could cash in heavily on us once that new TV deals comes into effect (and just as a quick reminder, we will earn more than what Barca, Real, Bayern, or Juve would get if you combined their entire earnings in the Champions League if we get even 17th next year). The stark reality is that the Premier League is going to attract those that want a lot of coin. At the same time, we need to achieve a respectable result if we want players coming this way, or else the likes of Stoke and Swansea will snap them up on the basis of more security. Just remember; In the Premier League, if you're standing still, you're going backwards!

I think the fact that players like Kante and Aranguiz want to play for a CL team over us despite how much more the player and club benefits says a lot about their ambitions. Then again, we'll have to wait until next year to see exactly how big the impact will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted it in the transfer thread but this would be impressive to land all 3 (including Kante)!

View attachment 158391

Fingers crossed. One would be good, two would be amazing, but three? Oh ho ho! It has taken some serious convincing, but I think it's just a statement on how competitive we can be in the market these days, considering the teams that we fought against to nab those players.

I think we're very close to ticking all our boxes in terms of an all rounded squad that be prepared for just about everything.

Chilwell starts!

It's happening!

Ho ho, look at that, ahead of Fuchs too! Seems like CR really rates him. Do well here, and he's definitely in the matchday squad come Sunderland (Of course Wes is still to come). I'm expecting a full dress rehearsal here. I suggest we'll see Kram and Okazaki, I'm guessing the third will be Fuchs.

Let's finish this preseason undefeated!

Fingers crossed. One would be good, two would be amazing, but three? Oh ho ho! It has taken some serious convincing, but I think it's just a statement on how competitive we can be in the market these days, considering the teams that we fought against to nab those players.

I think we're very close to ticking all our boxes in terms of an all rounded squad that be prepared for just about everything.

Ho ho, look at that, ahead of Fuchs too! Seems like CR really rates him. Do well here, and he's definitely in the matchday squad come Sunderland (Of course Wes is still to come). I'm expecting a full dress rehearsal here. I suggest we'll see Kram and Okazaki, I'm guessing the third will be Fuchs.

Let's finish this preseason undefeated!
Still not sure the Chilean will come. If we can get 2 though, that would do.

I hope he starts against Sunderland. Something exciting about youth!

Still not sure the Chilean will come. If we can get 2 though, that would do.

I hope he starts against Sunderland. Something exciting about youth!

My doubts were actually on Inler, who I last heard wanted to fight for his place at Napoli. For the Chilean, our reps were there, and the owners are favouring our bid. Sure, he could get CL experience with Bayer, but that anin't guaranteed for next season. He's also got more chance to appeal on a bigger stage with us anyway. Who knows? Perhaps he might even like it here, Huth did.

Mmm, gonna big a big ask actually starting. He'll need to prove himself as the best of the defenders today if he wants it. He'll most likely replace Wasyl if he manages to do extremely well. But I do agree, 18 years old and our product to boot, that smells like teen spirit right there!

Match is on, and Albrighton is killing it by the sounds of things. Corners, crosses. All we need is for our strikers to finish it!

My doubts were actually on Inler, who I last heard wanted to fight for his place at Napoli. For the Chilean, our reps were there, and the owners are favouring our bid. Sure, he could get CL experience with Bayer, but that anin't guaranteed for next season. He's also got more chance to appeal on a bigger stage with us anyway. Who knows? Perhaps he might even like it here, Huth did.

Mmm, gonna big a big ask actually starting. He'll need to prove himself as the best of the defenders today if he wants it. He'll most likely replace Wasyl if he manages to do extremely well. But I do agree, 18 years old and our product to boot, that smells like teen spirit right there!

Match is on, and Albrighton is killing it by the sounds of things. Corners, crosses. All we need is for our strikers to finish it!
The Chilean said he didn't want to come here but we'll have to wait and see. The personal terms will be the issue. Inler is 31 so he might see us a better chance for regular football?

Yeah playing well by the sounds of it. Our strikeforce worries me. Lot's in there, not a consistent scorer among them.

The Chilean said he didn't want to come here but we'll have to wait and see. The personal terms will be the issue. Inler is 31 so he might see us a better chance for regular football?

Yeah playing well by the sounds of it. Our strikeforce worries me. Lot's in there, not a consistent scorer among them.

If he wants a move to Europe, then he better reconsider. This time next year, Bayer's very likely to not be a CL team, and unless he does something that seriously impresses Bayern, he's going to be in a bit of a rut. On the other hand, we're beyond loaded, and the perfect stand for the big 4 to watch. Inler had wanted to fight, but I think he's starting to see that's a bit fruitless. But hey, we need an experienced had there, and hey, Premier League! You could be right.

I believe the better finishers may be on the pine, but we shall see...

Wait, what the hell?! 2-0 down in two mins?! Chilean rejected us? He will regret that.

Ah well, bright side of life, onwards with the other two, and a hattrick from one of our strikers. Don't let Albirghton's goo work go to waste!

If he wants a move to Europe, then he better reconsider. This time next year, Bayer's very likely to not be a CL team, and unless he does something that seriously impresses Bayern, he's going to be in a bit of a rut. On the other hand, we're beyond loaded, and the perfect stand for the big 4 to watch. Inler had wanted to fight, but I think he's starting to see that's a bit fruitless. But hey, we need an experienced had there, and hey, Premier League! You could be right.

I believe the better finishers may be on the pine, but we shall see...

Wait, what the hell?! 2-0 down in two mins?! Chilean rejected us? He will regret that.

Ah well, bright side of life, onwards with the other two, and a hattrick from one of our strikers. Don't let Albirghton's goo work go to waste!
Doubt he reconsiders. I'd say that's us done with him.

Not a great couple of mins for us...

Doubt he reconsiders. I'd say that's us done with him.

Not a great couple of mins for us...

That was a similar story with Kante wasn't it? I thought we were cooked there. Ah well, as you said, we've still got two very close to get over the line. I await the official confirmation.

No, not at all. Although they said it was two freak goals against the course of play. Here's the free kick goal:

Albrighton, Mahrez, and Schlupp are all making some awesome movements. The problem is that Vardy keeps sticking them wide. Frustrating.

And like I said, the Foxes hit back to win 3-2! Huth converting a corner, Drinkwater on the rebound after a Mahrez FK poster, and Okazaki with his breakthrough goal! Kramaric could've made it four, but due to no goalline tech, the goal was disallowed.

It should be noted that Kramaric and Okazaki did a lot of combination work together. They would've had 1 goal and 1 assist each if Kramaric's goal was allowed. It sounded like we were dominant for the entire game, and it was our best performance of the preseason, just some poor finishing cost us. Interesting to note that Fuchs was playing on the right wing with Schlupp, so I guess this means he can be a replacement for Albirghton and De Leet. This also strengthens Chilwell's chances to play. Speaking of, Wasyl was at fault for the 2nd goal, we could yet see Morgan-Huth-Chilwell for Sunderland.

Overall, Mahrez I think was the MOTM, really shone in that 2nd half. The whole midfield was awesome.

We finish the pre-season undefeated. Onwards to midfield signings and Sunderland!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back