The Longest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Stand By Me is a fantastic move. A classic "coming of age" movie, it was the film that set River Phoenix on a path to stardum before his untimely death a few years later. Made in 1986, still worth a look.
Re River phoenix... Did you know his parents maned him River Jude Bottom ??? Poor thing. River was from a story about the river of life, Jude after Beatles song Hey Jude, and his father's name was Bottom . No wonder he changed it .......

Re River phoenix... Did you know his parents maned him River Jude Bottom ??? Poor thing. River was from a story about the river of life, Jude after Beatles song Hey Jude, and his father's name was Bottom . No wonder he changed it .......
Did not know that, some parents (especially showbiz types) have a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:

A crow caused a black out? We have had possums cause power failures in the past, but never a crow (that I know of), how long were you without power?

Yep:) Lost ball . At our local course, on a certain hole, the bags etc are left while the player has to walk a small distance to the tee. The local crows have learned to unzip/undo the pockets on the golf bags and steal sandwiches , bags of sweets etc from them lol . A player can go hungry for the rest of the round . :) Also. of course, pick up the balls as well Another cause of lost balls :oops:

Saw this and it reminded me of your post coffeelover :)

Crow-shoelaces-distraction.gif

Back on leeches, I had one behind my ear once after a bushwalk, not as big as the ones in those films, but big enough. My mates started panicking and talking about putting salt on it, burning it with a match etc. etc. I just said to leave it alone it will drop off when it's full and I no sooner said that and it did. It was full as a goog and was about the size of a 10c piece. I've still got a little scar where the sucker latched on. o_O

Don't go swimming in Sydney.....

I won't If they don't get me, Jaws might..... Am caravanning at the moment. In a little town in NSW called Guldong. Old gold mining town . Was pictured on the first $10 note . Interesting old buildings . No spiders, leeches. Just imagining the old fellows coming along in their mining gear :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not grown much ? :p

Ha ha thread has 110 replies, you have had 64 posts since 2009 chugginon :p:p:p:p:p

Why not tell us why you like trains?

ps. I don't know much about 'em, but I like trains too

Ha ha thread has 110 replies, you have had 64 posts since 2009 chugginon :p:p:p:p:p

Why not tell us why you like trains?

ps. I don't know much about 'em, but I like trains too
:pBeen busy :p Loved the noise of steam trains when I heard them , and just the fact that they are going somewhere. Don't really know a lot ABOUT them , just love watching them . And I like riding them too ........And, Ahem, making up for lack of posts now :rolleyes:

Me too, like watching them and taking pics of them, esp. steam trains. Not a lot of trains here in Tassie anymore :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back