The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like sonny got daddy sacked at leicester. that's going to be fun to discuss over tea

hqdefault.jpg

If it was over his son, I'm glad he's gone.

I'd prefer being relegated than having that kind of s**t at the club.

I'm genuinely thankful for the work he put in for us but I'm ok with the decision.

Surely you're regretful that he's gone? Family will always stick up for family, and you don't even know the context in which the discussion was had. Nigel might have just been annoyed at the way the situation was handled while overall being fine with them sacking his son.

Surely you're regretful that he's gone? Family will always stick up for family, and you don't even know the context in which the discussion was had. Nigel might have just been annoyed at the way the situation was handled while overall being fine with them sacking his son.
Not regretful. I appreciate the stature and achievements he earned within the club. I think he's a brilliant gameday tactician and deserves his place in Leicester history.

I don't believe he's not replaceable though. Now when the next manager comes in, I'll back them in as well.

I don't really get attached to managers if that makes sense. Shame he's gone in these circumstances but I won't be worrying about it.

Not regretful. I appreciate the stature and achievements he earned within the club. I think he's a brilliant gameday tactician and deserves his place in Leicester history.

I don't believe he's not replaceable though. Now when the next manager comes in, I'll back them in as well.

I don't really get attached to managers if that makes sense. Shame he's gone in these circumstances but I won't be worrying about it.

Unless it's Sean Dyche of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we've made a bit of a play for Hiddink.

Now that's something I can get my head around!

Seconded. Putting aside the Aussie bias, this would be a really good grab if true. If he's anything like he was 10 years ago, hoo boy.

Guus also is very popular in South Korea, his own island villa, free taxi and plane trips, heck, the Gwangju stadium is named after him. In terms of Asian influence, this makes perfect sense for the owners.

Now, if he can bring some current Dutch internationals, that would be extremely sweet. His influence would be massive, and Steve Walsh has worked with him, oh yes.

Granted, I do feel that this is a short-term deal, but as noted, if he's still got that spirit from 10 years ago, maybe we'll be all set once that day comes.

Dutch people I know have been saying that he has been crap for quite a while.

Not a good option IMO, he is done as a manager.

We're aware that the Dutch haven't exactly been ripping it (3rd place currently, I think, way below expectations). He maybe not for a top tier club/nation anymore, but he possibly could feel more relaxed at a club like Leicester, just like Advocaat at Sunderland. Less pressure to do things (just avoiding relegation would be a pass mark) will help a lot. Inter fans wanted Cambiasso out, and some even warned us that we got a dud, we know how that went.

The Sven comparison is going to be there, but his attacking style does work with Pearson's style. I am hoping that this is less about money, and just more something he wants to do for 'something different.' It will be a short term deal anyway, I suspect.

Out of the current names, aside from Klopp (pffft!) he'd be the next best choice.

We're aware that the Dutch haven't exactly been ripping it (3rd place currently, I think, way below expectations). He maybe not for a top tier club/nation anymore, but he possibly could feel more relaxed at a club like Leicester, just like Advocaat at Sunderland. Less pressure to do things (just avoiding relegation would be a pass mark) will help a lot. Inter fans wanted Cambiasso out, and some even warned us that we got a dud, we know how that went.

The Sven comparison is going to be there, but his attacking style does work with Pearson's style. I am hoping that this is less about money, and just more something he wants to do for 'something different.' It will be a short term deal anyway, I suspect.

Out of the current names, aside from Klopp (pffft!) he'd be the next best choice.
Its more the fact that Hiddink has been very meh since leaving Australia in 2006 and only real highlight was getting Chelsea a Fa Cup.

Its more the fact that Hiddink has been very meh since leaving Australia in 2006 and only real highlight was getting Chelsea a Fa Cup.

Meh?

*Qualifying and taking Russia to the Euro Semis in 2008
*Chelsea's FA Cup in 2009. Had only one loss when he was in charge
*Taking newly promoted Anzhi to 3rd place and Europe. Also Runners up in the Domestic Cup.

His stints with Turkey and the Dutch the 2nd time around are arguably his only 'failings.' Even then, that's still a very decent record. Better than the names we're currently being linked to.

Even then, his absolute minimum is to ensure we don't get relegated. If he can set up properly as a Swansea, Stoke, or Southampton, then it has been a huge success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back