The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that Fulham was showing improvement. I don't think they are.

Get over it.

Obviously, which is why we've discussed it. I'm hung up on nothing, I couldn't give a s**t about Fulham. I answered your question, no need to have a sook.

You started this discussion mate. :) And for the record I wasn't the one complaining, someone else made the observation. I even said I had no issue with this discussion because I knew you'd think I was whinging. But you carry on if you want.

QPR was in a situation similar to Palace or Sunderland this season, stranded at the bottom, looking like having no hope in the world of picking up a win, let alone surviving. I think Redknapp showed to all and sundry how average a manager he is last season. Looking at their results this season only continues that belief.
QPR were a team of mercenaries who had neve rplayed together and were in it for the money.

Sparkie signed anyone with a pulse.

Nedum Onuoah, Kieron Dyer, Jay Bothroyd, Stephane Mbia, Esteban Granero, Andy Johnson, Junior Hoilett, SWP, Jose Bosingwa etc.

Fulham are a proven PL side with a decent (ageing) core in place. If Holtby and Mitroglou get going, they could stay up.

QPR were a team of mercenaries who had neve rplayed together and were in it for the money.

Sparkie signed anyone with a pulse.

Nedum Onuoah, Kieron Dyer, Jay Bothroyd, Stephane Mbia, Esteban Granero, Andy Johnson, Junior Hoilett, SWP, Jose Bosingwa etc.

Fulham are a proven PL side with a decent (ageing) core in place. If Holtby and Mitroglou get going, they could stay up.

I'm talking Sunderland/Palace as a comparison to QPR, and in this situation, much closer to Sunderland in the 'signing anyone with a pulse' basket, though Palace certainly tried their best on deadline day in summer.

The fact that Pulis and Poyet have turned around their respective teams is an absolute credit to them, and cements with me the perception of Pulis as a very savy manager who is potted because of his style.

I'm talking Sunderland/Palace as a comparison to QPR, and in this situation, much closer to Sunderland in the 'signing anyone with a pulse' basket, though Palace certainly tried their best on deadline day in summer.

The fact that Pulis and Poyet have turned around their respective teams is an absolute credit to them, and cements with me the perception of Pulis as a very savy manager who is potted because of his style.
Anyone with a brain knows that Pulis is a good manager, Stoke were nothing when he got them up. I was very much for Pulis even before IH walked away.

Your initial comparison which I responded to was between Fulham and QPR. Palace and Sunderland (with the possible exception of Giaccherini) weren't signing internationals who had their time in 2007 - few people had heard of Dean Moxie before he went to CP.

Gussy Poyet took over ******* di Canio's team - how hard could it have been to have turned morale and performances around when you follow on from that nutter. Helps that he's a savvy bloke too.

Palace will probably still get relegated considering they have almost the whole top half to play, Pulis is doing a good job going route 1 but it's unlikely to take them anywhere.

Harry Redknapp is a terrific manager by the way. Not many like him left with that kind of man management, and his tactics are simple but effective. He's still trying to clean the place out.

Anyone with a brain knows that Pulis is a good manager, Stoke were nothing when he got them up. I was very much for Pulis even before IH walked away.

Your initial comparison which I responded to was between Fulham and QPR. Palace and Sunderland (with the possible exception of Giaccherini) weren't signing internationals who had their time in 2007 - few people had heard of Dean Moxie before he went to CP.

Gussy Poyet took over ******* di Canio's team - how hard could it have been to have turned morale and performances around when you follow on from that nutter. Helps that he's a savvy bloke too.

Palace will probably still get relegated considering they have almost the whole top half to play, Pulis is doing a good job going route 1 but it's unlikely to take them anywhere.

Harry Redknapp is a terrific manager by the way. Not many like him left with that kind of man management, and his tactics are simple but effective. He's still trying to clean the place out.

Yeah absolutely as was I. Anyone who thought Pulis wouldn't be able to turn them around was crazy.

I actually don't think Palace will get relegated, but there's still a lot of water to go under the bridge, I agree.

Fair enough, I think he's a bit past his time, but we'll see what happens come season end. If QPR don't go up, it'll be interesting to see what he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW - get around me!

Apparently he hasnt been sacked yet. Still head coach according to Fulham, was never actually promoted to manager.

Yeah, I don't buy it either.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Prandelli joins the race with Van Gaal and de Boer for Sherwood's job.

Neil Lennon and Malky Mackay in line to replace Hughton at Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back