The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koeman is a good get for Southampton - wonder if he will be backed in the transfer market - might have a fair bit of rebuilding to do!

Irvine is a funny choice, underwhelming definitely.

Continuing on underwhelming appointments, Leeds look set to appoint former Forest Green Rovers (a Skrill Premier/Non league outfit) manager Dave Hockaday as their new manager :eek:

This is a guy who was sacked from a non league side getting the chance to suddenly manage one of the biggest clubs in the Championship! His only managerial experience was with us (FGR) and even then, he wasn't exactly touted as a talented up and coming manager. I guess they will save a few pennies with his appointment (if it happens).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...nt-former-forest-green-manager-david-hockaday

I wish they would climb out of this hole they're in to be honest.. would be fun beating up on them again, and I don't see us playing Championship any time soon. ;)
Wouldn't be getting too far ahead of yourself. While I agree it's unlikely you'll be relegated, most people thought the same of Fulham and Norwich last season. Not to mention you have Europe next season on top of your schedule.

Interestingly, you're currently 5th favourite for relegation behind the three promoted teams and Palace.

As I said, I don't think you will be but it's definitely not out of the question.

Wouldn't be getting too far ahead of yourself. While I agree it's unlikely you'll be relegated, most people thought the same of Fulham and Norwich last season. Not to mention you have Europe next season on top of your schedule.

Interestingly, you're currently 5th favourite for relegation behind the three promoted teams and Palace.

As I said, I don't think you will be but it's definitely not out of the question.

Yeah nah I'm just kidding. I do think we'll be right down in the thick of it as opposed to last season. I find it interesting we're going after a lot of U21s because they don't count towards your 25-man squad, which is a good way to go about getting a bit of half-decent depth in case of injuries.

And so Leeds confirm Hockaday as their new manager - Leeds fans unsurprisingly underwhelmed/confused by the appointment!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cing-Brian-McDermott.html?ico=sport^headlines

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Dave...ocked-Forest/story-21263866-detail/story.html

"Leeds supporters have expressed anger and bemusement at the arrival of such an unproven boss, who has been appointed by owner Massimo Cellino following Brian McDermott's departure at the end of a tumultuous 2013/14 season.

But Hockaday told the Yorkshire Evening Post: “Is it a surprise? No, it isn’t because of my background and the fact that I’m a very experienced coach and the president wanted an experienced British coach."

I never like to speculate on which manager will be first sacked in a season but he was underwhelming for a non league side and could only manage a mid table finish despite having probably the best finances available to him. How's he going to go at a club with a much larger fan base/expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back