The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUFC Tiger I guess Winter is writing his biography.

Haha you'd think so! Pretty funny quote to make given during our final home game last season (vs Cardiff) he didn't enter the technical area for fear of abuse and jeering. The same happened at Soton 2 weeks ago. Was actually surprised he went to the touchline on the weekend, was booed pretty heavily everytime he did/or he touched the ball.

Bit of truth to that, I do have some respect for Pardew for the way he's handled the pressure
Yep, I'd grudgingly admit he's a brave man with how he's dealt with a lot of the pressure that comes with the job and the performances of the last 8-9 months. I think he's probably in between a rock and a hard place. Though, knowing you could potentially get a 6 year payout if you get fired probably helps!

He can't speak publicly against Ashley but he can't say anything to try and appease the fans - and by offering countless excuses (including blaming the fans) and rarely taking any of the blame himself, he doesn't win any goodwill.

Saw that on Saturday night. Wouldn't mind it to be honest (proven PL experience and results while operating on a shoestring budget), just hope he isn't too 'damaged' from his time at MU. The late fightback against Hull might have given Pardew some time but with 2 tricky away games to Stoke and Swansea coming next (and with the team still rooted to the bottom), he is still standing on pretty thin ice you'd think.

Pardew does seem like a right prick, but to be the spokesperson for a club where the supporters are nearly always unsatisfied, wouldn't be easy.

Always fronts up, sometimes talks complete rubbish, but he always fronts up.

Longer that this post goes for, the more I'm becoming confused whether I'm commending him or rubbishing him.

It's funny, in a different universe (with a different owner and operating structure), he might not be a bad manager (if you can look past his numerous indiscretions - abusing Pellegrini, shoving an official head butting Meyler and his constant lies and contradictions to the fans).

He's paid to be the face of the club because of Ashley's notorious desire to avoid any PR and perhaps he is hamstrung/left holding the bag when things go to custard internally (we don't know what goes on in the club).

At the end of the day, the fans are just sick of the direction of the club and Ashley's ownership which is devoid of any ambition and focused purely on making him money. Pardew is just a symptom of a wider problem unfortunately but for the fans, at least having a manager with some tactical ability, integrity and honesty would be a welcome step in the right direction (given it's far harder to replace an owner than a manager).

Didn't Zanetti have like 17 managers during his time at Inter

Definitely would have had a few - never would have guessed 17 though!

Imagine being asked in an interview after you retired for your thoughts on each manager you played under. :confused:

Definitely would have had a few - never would have guessed 17 though!

Imagine being asked in an interview after you retired for your thoughts on each manager you played under. :confused:
He had 19 managers :eek:.

They love sacking managers over in Italy.

I actually don't mind Pardew. The form the team is in is poor but he was given a long contract and seems a capable enough type.

I think that whole club is a bit toxic at the moment. There is a lot to like about NUFC but there is also plenty wrong at the club at the moment. I don't believe that's all Pardew's fault.

You don't mind a manager who physically shoves linesmen when they don't call a decision their way, headbutts a player, swears at a fellow manager, as well as several other issues he's had along the way?

The man is an utter twat.

You don't mind a manager who physically shoves linesmen when they don't call a decision their way, headbutts a player, swears at a fellow manager, as well as several other issues he's had along the way?

The man is an utter twat.
What does any of that have to do with his managing ability?

Pearson is a miserable old sod. Bruce is a fat campaigner. Doesn't impact on their managing ability though. Mourinho is also a prick.

Besides, who wouldn't want to headbutt that Hull clown ;)

Pearson is a miserable old sod. Bruce is a fat campaigner. Doesn't impact on their managing ability though. Mourinho is also a prick.

Well how about his miserable record in charge, the huge amount of criticism his team line ups have received from Toon fans, and his infamous 'Left back sub' when they're chasing a game?

Pearson and Mourinho being miserable in post-match interviews is hugely different to Pardew's conduct on the touch line.

I know you're just joking but surely you can't suggest that a manager headbutting a player is in any way acceptable.

Have a read of this: http://sackpardew.com/myths/common-myths/

You're defending his "managing ability" when he has won four games since January?

Right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Mourinho did eye gouge Vilanova

Pardew's just like quite a few British managers running around in the country, not great not bad but will keep getting jobs for some reason

Remember Pardew was sacked by a League 1 Southampton before Toon plucked him out. I struggle to see him getting another PL job after they sack him, unless a relegation-bound team gets desperate.

Think Jatz was joking about headbutting the Hull guy, and didn't get the impression he was defending him

I think he was suggesting Pardew's undoubted campaignerishness is separate from his managerial ability, which isn't very good anyway. We can probably agree there whether it's Pardew or Jose

The smug campaigner did like to explain all his tactics a few years ago when he was going alright, has tickets on himself the smarmy bastard, so I hope he gets the flick sooner or later in the most painful way (not before we play them at St James's in Nov, of course)

He has a massive s**t eating grin very similar to someone I know who is a twat, too

AlanPardew81.jpg

Nice of him to showcase the size of his penis there

Think Jatz was joking about headbutting the Hull guy, and didn't get the impression he was defending him

I think he was suggesting Pardew's undoubted campaignerishness is separate from his managerial ability, which isn't very good anyway. We can probably agree there whether it's Pardew or Jose

The smug campaigner did like to explain all his tactics a few years ago when he was going alright, has tickets on himself the smarmy bastard, so I hope he gets the flick sooner or later in the most painful way (not before we play them at St James's in Nov, of course)

Jatz said he didn't mind Pardew, and that he seems a capable type. He either thinks Pardew is a capable manager or a capable human being, when he seems below average at both.

Jatz said he didn't mind Pardew, and that he seems a capable type. He either thinks Pardew is a capable manager or a capable human being, when he seems below average at both.
He's one of 20 men currently managing in the most competitive leagues in the world. I think it's safe to say he has some kind of managing ability.

He's one of 20 men currently managing in the most competitive leagues in the world. I think it's safe to say he has some kind of managing ability.

He was sacked by a League 1 side who then magically catapulted to the Premier League under the guidance of a former physio. So he had less managerial nous than a physio.

He fluked a Top 5 finish with a side largely put together by his predecessor and has done SFA since.

He was sacked by a League 1 side who then magically catapulted to the Premier League under the guidance of a former physio. So he had less managerial nous than a physio.

He fluked a Top 5 finish with a side largely put together by his predecessor and has done SFA since.
You don't fluke coming 5th. You fluke a couple of games, not 38.

Say what you will, he's one of 20 men in the world (that don't include you Cruyff) that is managing in the PL. That cannot be disputed. He is obviously not the best but he isn't the worst there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back