The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe Palace got him. Must have paid huge compo.

Who's Newcastle getting in?
Collocini as player/manager...unbelievable.

No badges, though neither did Sherwood.

Reminiscent of Monk which is working out, did he have his badges roughedges?

Collocini as player/manager...unbelievable.

No badges, though neither did Sherwood.

Reminiscent of Monk which is working out, did he have his badges roughedges?
Penny pinching at its finest from Newcastle.

I thought the "and he's gone" was referring to pulis taking a job lol, sorry.

Wonder if Bruce will go to Newcastle. He'd be very cheap.
It's Collocini...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would you feel about that NUFC Tiger ;)

Would be curious to hear your thoughts mate! How would the Palace faithful react? Will certainly please a lot of the sackpardew folks! :D

I'm still pretty stunned (though nothing has 'officially' happened yet as far as I know) if this does go ahead. There apparently was talk that Pardew would be guaranteed $5m in compo if he ended his contract early but reports saying it may now have been negotiated to $2m.

Would be staggering to think he may walk away from a safe job with $3m odd worth of security down the drain to join a team in a potential relegation battle (albeit one he has emotional links to).

He ducked the post game interviews after our win over the toffees which was interesting given we'd just ended a 4 game losing streak - some rumours floating around that he wants another striker and is using this as leverage to force Ashley's hand (or, as another rumour suggests - Ashley has told him no funds will be available in January despite our crazy injury list, pencil thin squad and losing 3 more players to the Africa Cup of Nations...)

Will definitely be watching this space with interest!

I haven't said anything about it for a few days because I think this might be the third or fourth time he's been linked to the job but this time it seems like it could actually happen. The club have even made an official statement saying the club has been approached by Palace and has even given permission for talks to happen...

I 'should' be excited at this news but have been burnt a few times too many in the past so I'll wait for confirmation before cracking out the champagne! :D

Actually, will wait for the appointment of his successor too (if he does go). If Colo, Joe Kinnear or Carver gets the job, I think we'll be worst off than under Pards...

De Boer would be my dream appointment but not sure if Ashley would stump up the compo for that (tends to prefer going for unemployed managers - Keegan, Kinnear, Pardew...). Nor would I be sure if De Boer would willing join a club where he may not have complete control over transfers (as would many manager's you'd suspect).

Wonder if Pulis might be considered or even Bruce SM

Actually happy with Pardew to Palace. Do think Newcastle fans underrate him and he can save us. Really hoping Parish will actually have some money to work with in this transfer window.

Actually happy with Pardew to Palace. Do think Newcastle fans underrate him and he can save us. Really hoping Parish will actually have some money to work with in this transfer window.
Yeah exactly needs a bit of freedom. Hopefully Keith Millen stays as the assistant to help Pardew settle at the club.

Would be curious to hear your thoughts mate! How would the Palace faithful react? Will certainly please a lot of the sackpardew folks! :D

I'm still pretty stunned (though nothing has 'officially' happened yet as far as I know) if this does go ahead. There apparently was talk that Pardew would be guaranteed $5m in compo if he ended his contract early but reports saying it may now have been negotiated to $2m.

Would be staggering to think he may walk away from a safe job with $3m odd worth of security down the drain to join a team in a potential relegation battle (albeit one he has emotional links to).

He ducked the post game interviews after our win over the toffees which was interesting given we'd just ended a 4 game losing streak - some rumours floating around that he wants another striker and is using this as leverage to force Ashley's hand (or, as another rumour suggests - Ashley has told him no funds will be available in January despite our crazy injury list, pencil thin squad and losing 3 more players to the Africa Cup of Nations...)

Will definitely be watching this space with interest!
Most of the reaction seems to be pretty positive at the moment. I think having a manager that is a emotional invested in the club is a good thing as well. I saw a poll and it was about 85% for Pardew being manager, I'm guessing he hasn't had an approval rating like that for a while ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back