The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The endless Bruce to Fulham saga seems to be coming up again - not sure where this is from - why would Bruce want to go to Fulham?

And surely Symons is doing a good enough job down there for now given this season was a right off two months in anyway.

Sherwood and Klinsman linked.

I think Villa are stuffed though. Leicester too. Both will go down.
If they can turn around quick enough they could be ok. Just need to get benteke firing again.

If they can turn around quick enough they could be ok. Just need to get benteke firing again.
Maybe but they just have no goals in them and the defense is a bit s**t too. It's possible they can survive as it's jam packed from 12th down. Anybody from Everton down could be relegated.

The only dead cert to go down is Leicester you would think. Starting from too far back.

Maybe but they just have no goals in them and the defense is a bit s**t too. It's possible they can survive as it's jam packed from 12th down. Anybody from Everton down could be relegated.

The only dead cert to go down is Leicester you would think. Starting from too far back.
Yeah probably, didn't realise how far off the pace they are now. Crazy how two seasons in a row the championship winners have performed worst.

Yeah I feel that once you drop so far back that even a win doesnt move you off the bottom. You are in deep s**t. Leicester wont recover which is sad as I like Jatz

Nah I think he's a twat.

;)

Could be wrong but hasn't Randy Lerner being trying to sell the club for a few years now?

Either way, he's going to have to find some money to try and tempt someone to save the ship.

Despite their lack of goals, they are still in a decent enough position to fight off relegation given their not exactly cut adrift. A new manager to rejuvenate the team, the fans getting behind the team and they could pick up a few wins and climb to safety IMO. Just all depends on who (and how quickly) they can get a new manager in.

Yeah I feel that once you drop so far back that even a win doesnt move you off the bottom. You are in deep s**t. Leicester wont recover which is sad as I like Jatz
Whilst we are against the odds to stay up, we have one of the easiest runs home in the division. I posted in the 'How do you think the season will end thread' if you want to have a look. I genuinely believe that the players can stay up if we excel through the last two months of the season.

Nah I think he's a twat.

;)

Tell me how you really feel! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, so he gets a contact extension to 2018 in September, and then gets sacked 5 months later. Good business sense, that.

That said, couldn't they have waited until after the match to make that sacking? Darn it!

In regards to being too far out... it's only 5 points with 13 games left, a third of the season. As noted, we have the easiest run home out of the relegation contenders and have the power to control our fate. Are you telling me we can't outdo Burnley, Villa, and QPR by 5-6 points considering our runs home (Not to mention we still have to play Burnley and QPR to boot)?

The skill is definitely there, play like we did against Arsenal in the 2nd half, with a beastly Kramaric (And the Rijika fans said he couldn't play the lone striker role), and there's no reason to believe why it can't be done.

It ain't over till there's a big fat R next to our name.

Great news for Villa. Lambert was a nowhere man taking the club nowhere. Won't be easy for the new manager, the owner and FFP have taken care of that.

But at least the supporters have something to look forward to other than a slow lingering death.

Great news for Villa. Lambert was a nowhere man taking the club nowhere. Won't be easy for the new manager, the owner and FFP have taken care of that.

But at least the supporters have something to look forward to other than a slow lingering death.

Hold that thought, considering they're looking at managers like Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche who reportedly are interesting Villa's owners because they work well with a tight budget.

Hold that thought, considering they're looking at managers like Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche who reportedly are interesting Villa's owners because they work well with a tight budget.

Howe or Dyche might end in disaster. Lambert was already there.

There's actually a lot of rumors buzzing around on West Ham Forums that Villa are going to have a crack at getting Fat Sam, because well survival is his game, he's local, and he's not likely to be at West Ham after this season.

Pretty much depends on how Lerner wants to go though. Not sure the Villa fans would accept another defensive sort of manager similar to Lambert again.

There's actually a lot of rumors buzzing around on West Ham Forums that Villa are going to have a crack at getting Fat Sam, because well survival is his game, he's local, and he's not likely to be at West Ham after this season.

Pretty much depends on how Lerner wants to go though. Not sure the Villa fans would accept another defensive sort of manager similar to Lambert again.

Why won't Sam be there?

Why won't Sam be there?
A few reasons, mainly the board don't see him as the right sort of manager to be taking the club into the Olympic Stadium.

He pretty much had no say about the transfers over the off-season, Kouyate really being the only player he really wanted (being a big midfielder and all). There's still a bit of animosity about the Carroll deal as a whole, and what's that cost the club, and the owners want to move on the likes of Nolan etc. in the off-season.

Frankly, I think Gold and Sullivan see what Koeman has done with Southampton, and would like to follow that approach, and they'll have a crack at trying to get Slaven Bilic or Frank De Boer in the off-season.

Hmmm not sure I buy this - right move to can him but to me they look like Fulham last year. They are in HUGE trouble.

Hmmm not sure I buy this - right move to can him but to me they look like Fulham last year. They are in HUGE trouble.

They might not make it, but under Lambert they just werent moving forward. At least now there is hope, maybe misplaced hope but without hope it's tough to support a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back