Mega Thread The Manchester United Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a diamond similar to how England/Liverpool play its just a more attacking version of the 352 so the players should be used to it.

How is a four man midfield diamond similar to a 3-5-2 formation?

A narrow diamond/4312 whatever you want to call it, the 352 is just an extra defender instead of a holding mid who plays deeper.

A 3-5-2 involves two wing backs who also act as wingers, so you essentially have a 5 man defence or a 5 man midfield depending on the situation. Regardless you need 2 or 3 CMs to play it.

A diamond midfield by definition doesn't have a CM.

A 3-5-2 involves two wing backs who also act as wingers, so you essentially have a 5 man defence or a 5 man midfield depending on the situation. Regardless you need 2 or 3 CMs to play it.

A diamond midfield by definition doesn't have a CM.
I know but in a 4312 the fullbacks have to act as wingbacks as well to provide the width while the DM usually drops deep sometimes as a 3rd cb.

I know but in a 4312 the fullbacks have to act as wingbacks as well to provide the width while the DM usually drops deep sometimes as a 3rd cb.

Yeah fair enough, makes more sense in that formation. So who are you dropping out of Rooney and VP?

Presumably Rooney/VP up front with Falcao with Mata sitting behind, with Di Maria, Herrera and someone else in the midfield three?

If Man Utd plays the diamond then how's it gonna work, relying on Valencia for width or hoping the young Luke Shaw would get the job done?

Cogging up two strikers up top with Mata in behind hasn't worked so far, they take up each other's spaces

And Mata doesn't work hard going back, so you're left way short in midfield defensively

Liverpool can make the diamond work because Raheem Sterling does a massive amount of defensive work at that no.10 spot, and Henderson carries everyone's water. But I guess Herrera being apparently Vieira and Deschamp combined can get the job done

Yeah fair enough, makes more sense in that formation. So who are you dropping out of Rooney and VP?

Presumably Rooney/VP up front with Falcao with Mata sitting behind, with Di Maria, Herrera and someone else in the midfield three?
I think Falcao and Rooney/Rvp upfront with Mata/Rooney just behind Blind, Herrera and Di Maria in midfield.

You want Di Maria in more dangerous areas, not having to constantly work back defensively. He is good at pressing but you want that in forward areas

RVP and Falcao are both basically penalty strikers that need service, as a partnership I dunno how they'd work, they'd get in each other's way

Rooney would be playing (mostly because he is apparently captain) but he seems pretty much out of form, and him and Mata get in each other's way the way Rooney likes to drop deep into Mata's spaces

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah pretty much, there was a reason why Fergie tried to phase him out in the last year

I'd go with Falcao up top on his own with Mata behind, Di Maria and Janjizzydiverwhatever either side with Herrera and Blind. That at least looks functional and relatively balanced (compare to the s**t some Mancs have been serving up), just play a 4-2-3-1

But Rooney and RVP will definitely throw a few hissy fits if they are left on the pine

Di Maria will be playing in the middle of the park linking between defense and attack, Mata wont be, I can't see RVP playing with Falcao together much, at least not right now....but we are in the dark that's for sure

I think a 4-4-1-1 would be my formation if I was in charge but it makes RVP and Mata redundant almost

rumours already being spurted out by the rubbish tabloids suggesting we'll go after christiano.

as much as id love to see him back at united itll never happen

Hasn't Ronaldo himself said he wants to come back at some point?

rumours already being spurted out by the rubbish tabloids suggesting we'll go after christiano.

as much as id love to see him back at united itll never happen

There's a good chance it could happen some time in the future.

Ronaldo has recently said he still loves united and wishes to one day return. Although he still remains very happy at Madrid and is contracted so we'll have to see.

Would have him back in a heartbeat.

There's a good chance it could happen some time in the future.

Ronaldo has recently said he still loves united and wishes to one day return. Although he still remains very happy at Madrid and is contracted so we'll have to see.

Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Its so close too, you've already given them Hernandez. That's half the work completed! Now just throw in that extra
£20m and its done ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back