Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and his final line "Time and time again, Aurelio Vidmar is proved correct" did cross my mind when I finished reading Richardson's dribble.
I did smirk when he admitted to being outsmarted by a Melbourne supporter... I remember why mainstream print media is never worth reading... Even this not so mainstream print media...

Last edited:
Who is the author Tom Richardson? The political journo on Ch 9 news? What a facile article.
That's him.

Of course the article is facile. That is pretty much what that column is about. My reason for posting it was it is written by your typical whinging Cow supporter yet one of the subtexts to that article is that he wants the Cows to be more like Port.

No Rowe on 5aark today, no Jarman on dribbleM - the corporation must have them bound and gagged somewhere in the bowels of West Lakes...
Look who they replaced them with, Wildy and Biglands.
Got to keep the corporation happy.

THE BRASS MEETS OVER BREAKFAST
AAMI, Tuesday 30 September

Rob Chapman: Welcome all. Gee these Balfours pastries are good.
Stephen Rowe: I love donuts.
Mark Ricciuto: That's what Sanderson gave us - big, fat donuts.
Stephen Rowe: Geez that's hard. Sando was great. Always came on the show.
Mark Ricciuto: What's Stupid doing here?
Andrew Fagan: Tactical move. Better to have the cheer-squad leader of the 19th man in our meetings than put the board up for election.
Rob Chapman: Well said, Artie. You learn fast. So what's the state-of-play?
Mark Ricciuto: Simple. We have a process to address the situation.
Andrew Fagan: And the situation is that we have no coach, no assistants, and our top 3 players out of contract after next year.
Stephen Rowe: Matty Bode, Rhett Biglands and Mark Viska are coming out of contract?
Mark Ricciuto: Do we really have to put up with this?
Rob Chapman: What's the problem? Mr Rowe is a highly regarded ambassador.
Mark Ricciuto: Well, I'm more worried about Sloane, Walker and Dangerfield.
Stephen Rowe: Don't you worry, Roo. I spent three hours talking to Paddy last night.
Mark Ricciuto: Gawd, that's a help!
Stephen Rowe: He loves our club. He loves our coach. He loves the media attention we give him.
Andrew Fagan: We don't have a coach.
Stephen Rowe: I know, but we will have and Danger will love him.
Andrew Fagan: So he won't call him a prick like he did Rory Sloane?
Rob Chapman: All right, all right. So, do we trade Danger for picks 2 and 3, then trade Tex and Rory for 4 and 5 and 6 and 7. It'd give us some good picks. We'd be in the running for a few James Sellar-type players.
Mark Ricciuto: Are you totally crazy?
Andrew Fagan: So they're all off the table?
Mark Ricciuto: No, I was merely objecting to the Sellar reference. A clean slate for a new coach might be attractive.
Stephen Rowe: Have you thrown the kitchen sink at Clarko? Are you talking to Choco. What about Kerls? Woo hoo, bring back Knuckles and see how those Port people feel. The 19th man needs to know.
Mark Ricciuto: We've ruled out Steven Trigg, Roy Laird and Alan Stewart. We think Goodwin will be sick of the Demons in 12 months.Maybe we can continue the process until next August and get him back here.
Rob Chapman: That would mean no coach at all.
Andrew Fagan: Well, we didn't have a CEO for half the year and we may as well not have had a coach. What's new?

"How many Crows fans wish their club was more like Port Adelaide"

Rucci fanning the flames on 5AA
It's funny because he didn't have to fan anything, it was a handful of callers whinging about how we're a much more attractive destination for players at the moment & he just went with it lol.

I love the landscape change this state has gone through in the last 2 years.

When I knew Fran 15 years ago in Canberra I never saw any sporting memorabilia, or talk of any sport. If she was to like a sport I would assume it would be female tennis.

When I knew Fran 15 years ago in Canberra I never saw any sporting memorabilia, or talk of any sport. If she was to like a sport I would assume it would be female tennis.

Are you talking Fran Kelly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was good to hear rucci on 5aa tonight instead of that other idiot

Stephen Rowe: Have you thrown the kitchen sink at Clarko? Are you talking to Choco. What about Kerls? Woo hoo, bring back Knuckles and see how those Port people feel. The 19th man needs to know
Nailed it

I was trapped in the car on a long journey yesterday early evening (long story and really not that interesting) when i was subjected to Stupid and Bonehead well i think it was them and Rucci .. anyhow i couldn't believe how enjoyable an experience it was. Every caller was a Crows person who was whingeing and close to tears about how Port Adelaide were superior to their club now "how can this be?" and having apoplexy at the thought of Chocco being their coach (I did want to ring up and vote yes - that just seemed to satisfy all my past anger issues with Williams).

One guy made sense and yes he was a Cows member, he said he could listen to Ken Hinkley speak all day long but the muppets they keep hiring are painful and stupid to listen to. However i was concerned that if other corporation members took notice of this guy and then something was done about it then i would not be so happy. But then i realised they would have to listen to their members (customers) and i exhaled - never gonna happen.

I miss Sandough though … he made me happy

BRASS BROOD BIG OVER BALFOURS' BREAKFAST
AAMI Stadium 1 October

Rob Chapman: Well I think we're making progress. Another day, another donut.
Andrew Fagan: ... and another month.
Stephen Rowe: I'm just dying over here. The 19th man is dying. Is Danger staying or going? Is Danny Gorringe going to play for us or for Port. You know it will be a coup to get him ahead of that other mob. I don't care what it costs: as I said to bone, throw the kitchen sink at him. Get him here.
Mark Ricciuto: We have a process. First, we appoint a coach. Then Danger tells us whether he wants out this year or next year. If Danger goes, Sloane will probably stay.
Rob Chapman: So to be clear, we won't have a coach by trade week. Is that right?
Andrew Fagan: Well, that's what you told the 'Tiser. Not sure you know what's going on, but you're the chairman.
Mark Ricciuto: ... for now. All right. Here's what's happening. We've run a line through Goodwin, Bomber, and Clarko.
Rob Chapman: Gee, I like it. We're ruthless. We're clinical. Obviously they're not good enough.
Andrew Fagan: Actually, they all told us we're not good enough for them. They have better opportunities elsewhere.
Rob Chapman: Woosha?
Andrew Fagan: Nah, he'd rather not have a job than come here.
Rob Chapman: Stewie Dew?
Mark Ricciuto: Is contracted to Vili's. His missus is on Sydney TV.
Rob Chapman: So who's on the list? Or left on the list?
Mark Ricciuto: We think we're a chance with Bassett. He hated Sando, so that's a good start.
Andrew Fagan: It's going to be tough to lure him him from an assistant's role at Essendon, which given their status at the moment, tells us a little bit about our attractiveness.
Stephen Rowe: Throw the kitchen sink at him. Can I just say how proud I am that our club is headed in the right direction. Really, I believe that. Bassett. Ha, ha, will Bone and I be an ambassettors? Wow you blokes! I think Scott Bassett will be a great coach and the 19th Man will love it. Won't Port be furious we've pinched one of theirs!

Look who they replaced them with, Wildy and Biglands.
Got to keep the corporation happy.
Just once, why wouldn't they give Timmy G. and Kane Cornes a stint on air together. Actually scrap that: I know why - the Crows faithful would complain to management!!!!

Can anyone confirm that Footy Classified is on tonight in SA? Don't normally watch but being starved of anything footy related on TV, I might tune in.
Plus with everything that's going on it might actually be interesting.

Can anyone confirm that Footy Classified is on tonight in SA? Don't normally watch but being starved of anything footy related on TV, I might tune in.
Plus with everything that's going on it might actually be interesting.

9:30pm mate.

Whatever they do, their ambassadors will tell us it's what they intended to do from the outset. So professional.

I was too young to remember much media-driven bullshit in the 80's, early 90's and before that, but was it ever like that for the Sturts, Norwoods and Glenelgs?

Oh it's Rick Davies! The Double Blues have had their man all along! It was all a clever ploy to strategically knife Mervyn Keane coming off Sturt's best year in 5! Steady as she goes boys, steady as she goes!

?

I was too young to remember much media-driven bullshit in the 80's, early 90's and before that, but was it ever like that for the Sturts, Norwoods and Glenelgs?

Oh it's Rick Davies! The Double Blues have had their man all along! It was all a clever ploy to strategically knife Mervyn Keane coming off Sturt's best year in 5! Steady as she goes boys, steady as she goes!

?

Never anything like this. Of course as a Port supporter we saw media bias from ex-Sturt and Norwood etc players but generally they were real journalists not gossip rag sycophants like they are today. There was at least a pretence at objectivity. It wasn't a 24/7 industry then either. And it was spread across a competition.

Sure they didn't like Port and the Art of Winning but they respected us for it.

KG was probably the thin end of the wedge of subjective journalism and coaches with their own columns - usually Neil Kerley - pushed their own barrow.

But then you would get ex-Victorians like Dick Jones who applauded Port Adelaide's hard-nosed brutality and ridiculed the whiners for not shaping up and meeting our standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back