Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Portland. Wonder what Jordan would have turned out like had Portland picked him instead.

Jordan would have been the second best player on the team.

;)

Sam Bowie was the right pick for Portland after getting Drexler the year before. Drexler and Jordan both being ball dominant shooting guards wouldn't have worked as well together.

Unfortunately, Bowie's body couldn't handle it. The talent was there and when he wasn't injured, he put up some monster games.

Was actually deemed too short. Had a bit of a growth spurt, but regardless he continued to work hard to prove he was good enough.

If you think him getting passed over for his high school team is bad, he was drafted at pick 3 to the NBA. Imagine being those two teams who passed him over. You could have had the greatest player in the history of the game..instead...
Houston wouldn't be complaining about picking up Hakeem Olajuwon, but yeh the blazers missed slightly by grabbing Bowie ahead of him;)

Dougie went on an all night drinking binge in New Zealand one night, then strode to the wicket and advanced his overnight score to 250. Legend!!!
I worked with Ian Chappell's daughter and was fortunate enough to get a couple of story's from her. Suffice to say a few of them starred Doug Walters and yes, he is a legend. On and off the paddock.

Sam Bowie was the right pick for Portland after getting Drexler the year before. Drexler and Jordan both being ball dominant shooting guards wouldn't have worked as well together.

Unfortunately, Bowie's body couldn't handle it. The talent was there and when he wasn't injured, he put up some monster games.

Yeah.

Sam Bowie was a potential legend. 7'1", excellent post game. Ran the floor like a guard and could shoot the J from outer space.

Just had legs made of glass - and even then he still bounced back to become a very solid center over the remainder of his career.

Because of Jordan's greatness and the 30 years of water that have gone under the bridge you'd think Bowie was a shitter Kwame Brown.

He should've been in Ewing and Olajuwon's class easy.

Hakeem Olajuwon was the number 1 pick and was one of the greatest centres of all time, so Houston didn't do to badly. However the selection of Sam Bowie with pick 2 has been the stuff of legend (for all the wrong reasons).
ESPN did a 30 for 30 film on Bowie. Worth a look. Guy obviously had talent, just not a body that could withstand the NBA. He now trains group winning horses.

Daryl Spencer of Fulham Gardens take a bow.

Not just for what is written but getting your comment published. One thing for sure Cornes' giant ego will ensure that he takes your comments personally.

Letters to the Editor Monopoly Times pp19, Jan 6 2014.
Please enlighten us if possible?

What a legend, surprised the Fertiliser would publish such a rebuttal. I'd love to think the old Wrinkle would wake up, flip open the paper and have his day ruined by that. Ditto KG, Rowe and all other SANFL/Crow campaigners. No doubt his Saturday column will find some way of attacking Port. If the Tiser had any sense of decency, transparency and good sense of factual correctness, after each article written by Wrinkles, Monobrow etc they would have a disclaimer stating 'this article is written by Adelaide Crows Ambassador.....'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a legend, surprised the Fertiliser would publish such a rebuttal. I'd love to think the old Wrinkle would wake up, flip open the paper and have his day ruined by that. Ditto KG, Rowe and all other SANFL/Crow campaigners. No doubt his Saturday column will find some way of attacking Port. If the Tiser had any sense of decency, transparency and good sense of factual correctness, after each article written by Wrinkles, Monobrow etc they would have a disclaimer stating 'this article is written by Adelaide Crows Ambassador.....'
There's more chance of me playing AFL football, than there is of Graham Cornes printing a retraction of anything he's said. He's never wrong: just ask him!!!

Reckon that staying out on the paddock in the sun all day, hungover while dying for a smoke would require a mental conditioning of superhuman qualities. Elite
Elite CRICKET

You will find it on Adelaide Now under Opinion. I have to login on my account so I cannot post the link.

i hope you mean your mates account

Gotta love Jacko. Can't see him playing anywhere else for the rest of his career.

Jacko is a smart cookie. He is marketing the crap out of himself, his new cloths line and anything else he can muster up. No doubt the lad will play his guts out for our great club and he will end up doing quite well for himself after footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back