Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

trust me the tiger supporters will be saying what a hack he is again next week
Tigers fans know he is a hack. But they also love a bit of show pony and a bit of look at moi. More than anything tigger fans love it when one of their boys stick it to the opposition ( it is the acceptance of the Chaplin like humility and respect that has lead their club to so much success in the past three decades)

Chokelin is a hero at tigerland.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...es-mark-ricciuto/story-fndv8s6g-1226988556090
PORT Adelaide can still win the premiership — it’s just going to be a hell of a lot harder than it was a month ago.
Five short weeks ago, the Power sat two wins plus percentage clear on top of the table at 10-1, they were admired across the competition and they were playing for outright premiership favouritism against the Swans at the SCG.
They didn’t lose any admirers that day, but a month later they find themselves at 11-5, and they are outside the top four.
If the alarm bells weren’t ringing before the Tigers loss on Sunday at Etihad Stadium they certainly are now.
Especially given Port has arguably the toughest run home in the competition.
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...es-mark-ricciuto/story-fndv8s6g-1226988556090

Mr obvious Roo. Got anything insightful... We should beat Melbourne if we don't than I reckon alarm bells can ring.. People can go on about the missing talls all day but what's obvious is the contested ball isn't being won anymore.. That's our main issue.

d) all of the above. Cornes criticism was the sealer though!
Yep being the one big scalp in her beloved Tigers miserable year got us a bit of a run this week.

I notice they highlighted Jackson's lack of obvious HTB in the last quarter but surprisingly no mention of his soft dive that got Kane a reprimand, Gra Gra should embarrassingly call him a stager like Watson did lol.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bone just said that he would pick Butcher over Jenkins as a forward. Surpising!
I can see where he's coming from, judging them as actual key forwards the potential upside in Butcher to be a CHF/FF is bigger than Jenkins' who's 2 & a half years older.

Jenkins is a decent player but I agree with Bone that he's flying under the radar at the moment & more of a 3rd string tall, Bone more or less said his ceiling isn't as high as what Johns could be if we developed him better & he's pretty spot on even if it nearly gave cRowe a heart attack.

As bad a kick as he is if Butch was on the Crows list in place of either Pods or Lynch he likely would've been playing after he kicked those consecutive bags for the Maggies a month ago because they stick to their intended structure.

Bone just said that he would pick Butcher over Jenkins as a forward. Surpising!

Jenkins is exactly what you want from a second or third tall. Takes a defender and if teams don't give him enough respect he kicks goals. Then because he was playing regularly, he's been able to step up in the absence of Walker and be a bit of a focal point. He wasn't that prolific early though, he only really averaged a goal a game over his first couple of years at the Crows, but he kept getting games because he was a good foil for Walker and he really developed.

Butcher is a better mark IMO and is much better when the ball hits the ground. Jenkins is obviously a fantastic kick for goal which is part of what makes him dangerous. But it's not really about the player, it's about the role. I feel like even with them having Walker, we have a lot more talent in our forwardline, but i'm really jealous of the way they set up because they play their talls no matter what and their forwardline can be difficult to deal with because of it.

Even Pods has played every game this year despite people calling him a bust after he achieved nothing at all in his first couple of games. The Crows stuck with their KPF and he blossomed, we dropped ours after one average day and now we're in a really difficult situation with talls.

King - Not a lot wrong. Taking the game on and missing targets is killing us. Quality side. Not worried.

McCLure - Need the tall defenders back.

Fluff from Robbo the simpleton.

360 about to launch on us....
We got off fairly lightly. You pretty much summed it up King doesn't think we're far off & aren't as bad as some are saying, said all the top 8 teams have dropped a bad game against a bottom side at one stage of the year.

He pointed out that we're really missing Monfries which I agree with, obviously the two key backs are the big ones but even an out of form Monfries can be relied upon to shut down the oppositions best running defender, against the Tiggers we lacked the ability to keep the ball inside our 50 like we normally can.

Carlile
Trengove
Monfries
Cassisi

Is that really the only four players to come into our best 22?
They don't know much about Moore but I think getting him back & having one of our young talls play a role is pretty important to our team balance come the business end of the year.

He pointed out that we're really missing Monfries which I agree with, obviously the two key backs are the big ones but even an out of form Monfries can be relied upon to shut down the oppositions best running defender, against the Tiggers we lacked the ability to keep the ball inside our 50 like we normally can.

It was just as bad in the Essendon game where we won the clearances and inside 50s easily but couldn't keep the ball in. Monfries was garbage that day.

It was just as bad in the Essendon game where we won the clearances and inside 50s easily but couldn't keep the ball in. Monfries was garbage that day.
That game aside he's been alright though defensively, he smashed Brodie Smith the week before which was a good effort because Smith's in some fine form & having an AA standard year.

I think he choked pretty hard having to come up against his former side & having to play the CHF role whilst the ball went over his head, he also dropped a few sitter marks on a number of occasions. Probably wasn't expecting Winderlich to play as their sweeper/rebound defender.

That game aside he's been alright though defensively, he smashed Brodie Smith the week before which was a good effort because Smith's in some fine form & having an AA standard year.

I think he choked pretty hard having to come up against his former side, having to play the CHF role whilst the ball went over his head & dropped a few sitter marks on a number of occasions. Probably wasn't expecting Winderlich to play as their sweeper/rebound defender.

Yep, both he and Wingard have had their effectiveness totally ruined by having to play the role of key forwards. Surprise surprise.

Wingard the fans' favourite young player
PORT Adelaide star Chad Wingard is the AFL's most watchable young player
, according to fans, and he is quickly stamping himself as one of the most exciting players in the game.

While Gold Coast champion Gary Ablett remains an overwhelming fan favourite, Wingard emerged as an heir apparent in a survey conducted for the AFL Record and AFL.com.au.

The views of more than 23,000 supporters were taken in the online survey, with revelations emerging on how fans view the state of the game, the supporter experience and the game's players, coaches and clubs. The full results are published in the round 18 edition of the AFL Record.
More....
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-07-17/wingard-the-winner-port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back