The Media Re: our supporters...

Remove this Banner Ad

Ram it up your arse.

A bloke king hits one of our club legends and you expect us to sit there and cop it?

Vickery deserved every bit of his spray and more.

I just wish I was closer to the bench. We the crowd should "woof" every time he gets the ball into the future, reminding him what a dog he is

Ram it up your arse.

A bloke king hits one of our club legends and you expect us to sit there and cop it?

Vickery deserved every bit of his spray and more.

I just wish I was closer to the bench. We the crowd should "woof" every time he gets the ball into the future, reminding him what a dog he is

Who has just announced his retirement as well.

I regrettably saw Derm do his spiel on Big Heads in Footy and felt sick.

People paid money to see that game only to see a guy get knocked out with a cheap shot to then watch the team you support play a man down from there on. People are going to be pissed.

Was proud as punch of that bearded bloke for getting stuck into Vickery. It was all verbal, he wasn't in any way trying to get physical with the prick (I assume anyway, would love to know what he said). He said his piece and sat down, and it looked like security let him stay. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

I just think they have short memories! I am bloody sure there is footage of Richmond supporters trying to get over the fence to lynch their own players after a loss not many years ago. What's the difference?

Vickery was not in any physical danger, and contributed to the situation by staring the guy down far longer than he needed to instead of just sitting down in the dug out.

Was proud as punch of that bearded bloke for getting stuck into Vickery. It was all verbal, he wasn't in any way trying to get physical with the prick (I assume anyway, would love to know what he said). He said his piece and sat down, and it looked like security let him stay. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

He was 5 metres from the bloke - didn't touch him, couldn't touch him - just let him know what a piece of s**t he was

He was 5 metres from the bloke - didn't touch him, couldn't touch him - just let him know what a piece of s**t he was

Yeah, players are actually more in danger when they're lining up for a shot from the pocket or when they run through the goals towards the cheer squad (like O'Loughlin in that final).

While I think of it, just another example of Dermott being a knobend - he said it was "the only sport in the world where the crowd gets that close to players". It's not even close. In fact at the basketball fans actually sit on the ******* court and players regularly dive into the crowd chasing loose balls.

The Tigers fans down there cheer squad end were far worse with abuse, getting in the face of our players, throwing the ball back straight into the puddle at Emac's feet, and just being all round dicks.

The Tigers fans down there cheer squad end were far worse with abuse, getting in the face of our players, throwing the ball back straight into the puddle at Emac's feet, and just being all round dicks.
The Richmond cheer squad is as bad as Collingwood's. Me and two mates watched them play Brisbane at the Gabba earlier this year and we were seated right behind them. They kept singing the same song that's around 30 seconds long, I forgot how it went, but there's a part that goes "Who are we? Richmond! What do we do?", I forgot what came next. They sang it about 10 times and it was getting pretty tiresome, so after "What do we do?", my mate (Essendon supporter) screams "FINISH 9th!". Didn't hear that song again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bearded bloke also was near the players race at the end giving them a spray as they walked off so he came back for more.

The bearded bloke also was near the players race at the end giving them a spray as they walked off so he came back for more.

I'm liking this bloke. Anyone know him? We should get him as a guest on the podcast :D

I believe Dermie insinuated that yelling a bit of abuse at someone is a serious crime?
But in the same breath he supported the hitting of someone in the head (which is a serious crime).

Funny hearing Richo's comments (who I do like), but he's had it so easy in Victoria with every supporter lining up to suck his **** that when he cops a bit of abuse he can't handle it and has a whinge.

I 100% believe that if Luke Hodge (nothing against him) just announced his retirement and some dog king hit him in the head, the commentators would have ripped the player apart and if Hawks supports lashed out, they would have made a joke of it and said fair enough.

Just because you play footy, it doesn't make you exempt from punishment. nothing wrong with the fans coming over and giving a spray. Footy players get treated like they are a special breed. Would love to see Vickery walk into Perth on the weekend....would be treated as any other bloke that dog hits from behind.

Just another thing to have a go at us for. The media do it every year. Last year it was the watson boo-athon, before that it's our players ducking, and diving and throwing, something no other team has ever done before, just us cheats out West. Then you go back even further to the whole mid 2000's saga. Good vs Evil, that sort of crap, ex players saying they wouldn't want their kids coming over to play for us, cousins is the only player ever to do drugs.....even though he was never caught and plenty of players since have been and nothing gets said about that! Anyway that's another debate.

In the end the Vics still hate us for joining their comp and paving the way for non victorian teams to dominte their competition. Put that with the fact most of the ex players from the 90's who played against us seem to have deep hatred for our club for one reason or another, Lyon, Derm, Shaw, I'm sure their are others but can't think of them ATM.

f**k 'em all, maybe if our players showed the sort of passion that our crowd does (at times) we might actually win some games of football instead of worrying about off field things to try and make us look like a good contributor to the community.

I think this is more of the modern world creeping in and less of an eastern bias. Eagles fans are not favourites amongst the east but its more about being PC in public. The image of the game is less biff, swearing etc. There are little kids and the like in the crowd. Richmond, Collingwood supporters etc get ribbed over here just the same for being out of line...

I think this is more of the modern world creeping in and less of an eastern bias. Eagles fans are not favourites amongst the east but its more about being PC in public. The image of the game is less biff, swearing etc. There are little kids and the like in the crowd. Richmond, Collingwood supporters etc get ribbed over here just the same for being out of line...
In the modern world you get locked up for an act like Vickery.

interesting to see if the AFL has entered the modern world yet.
clearly many commentators haven't - but they are paid circus acts

There were Hawthorn fans on the weekend that actually got involved in the game by briefly refusing to pass the ball to a waiting swan. I don't see anyone bringing that up again. Adam Goodes was also noticeably getting booed when he was in possession of the ball (before really contributing a lot). Obviously, that is a different case to any booing of Watson in a particular game last year.

Eagles crowds do cop it a little unfairly, and you see it translate onto the main boards here. It seems we particularly cop a lot of unfair treatment in the match day threads (typically regarding booing, free kick counts, etc.), and a lot of people revel in our losses. As a supporter base, there tend to be a lot of assumptions circling about the Eagles crowd. The media have been partly responsible.

Last edited:
The concrete roofs of the benches is quite wide. It would be pretty hard to reach a player on the ground without getting on the dugout roof.

I like how Richo gets paid 100K+ a year of our (Foxtel viewers) money to jet set around the country and talk crap but cant handle it when he cops a bit?

Genuinely can not remember a time where he has said something and I've gone, that's a good point never thought of it like that. Even Derm is incite full every now and then...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back