Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
If people would stop
a) listening to 5AA, or
b) stop being surprised when they say something which carries negative connotations towards Port
then this thread would have only made it to 50 pages

Nah, The Advertiser would have doubled that on its own, and then there's Dribble M...

The Advertiser is trolling us again

Middle spread in the footy liftout shows us with pink chevrons:mad:

Edit: must just be a bad batch. The ones at the shop have us in teal chevrons

Last edited:

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep. I reckon most coaches would watch his presser and quietly remind themselves why they stay humble and resist from playing the victim (re Ryder being lucky, them being unlucky, the umpires etc).

It appears that years of talking bullshit and shifting the blame onto others has now just become second nature for Hird, and once again he's making headlines for all the wrong reasons.
Hird's always been a sore loser.

Go back and listen to his speech at the end of the 2001 GF.

Ungracious prick.

A bit of history - this isn't even the original media *shakes head* thread. Back in the day of vBulletin (3-4 years ago), once a thread hit 1000 posts, it was closed and new threads were started. This thread is Part IV, links to Part III, Part II and Part I are available in the OP of this thread. Until this morning, I was unable to locate the link for Part I and thought it had been lost during the change over to Xen-Foro.

So in reality, there's about 3,000 posts and an extra 120 pages unaccounted for.

Last edited:
I went onto Gooding's Facebook page to see if anyone mentioned anything about Nick Ryan' article....looks like Grey-ham has now deleted his post about the booing, as well as the resultant comments.

Hopefully he's learnt his lesson.
Did he appologise at all ?

As for this threads page numbers. We have perhaps a few to many who worry to much about nobs either trying to get a rise or are just simply full of hate. As the saying goes "haters are always gonna hate". We need to prove nothing to anyone but ourselves.

Let them s**t dribble it appeases snall minds. As time passes, the relevance of the old guard will ease. The SANFL will morph into a league that bares little resemblance to what us older posters remember. In time, it will be swollowed up by the AFL. Just sit back with a smile and let it unfold.....

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I went onto Gooding's Facebook page to see if anyone mentioned anything about Nick Ryan' article....looks like Grey-ham has now deleted his post about the booing, as well as the resultant comments.

At least have the balls to stand behind your comments, Graeme. They were clearly from the heart. This just further proves that Goodings is of piss weak character.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I assume he won't tweet about the 'disgraceful' West Coast fans.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If people would stop
a) listening to 5AA, or
b) stop being surprised when they say something which carries negative connotations towards Port
then this thread would have only made it to 50 pages

But you forget that whinging and bitching is a South Australian's favorite past time..right along side with "kick a Vic". ;)

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
context? photo?
Capture.JPG

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hird must have amazing dirt on powerful people at Essendon .. to let that sour grapes ******* front up and do your pressers is unbelievable.

He sounds like a 7 year old "well I didn't want to go to your stupid party anyway". Gosh I hope Paddy is "lucky" for the rest of the season. He seems to be getting "luckier" each week.

Hird must have amazing dirt on powerful people at Essendon .. to let that sour grapes ******* front up and do your pressers is unbelievable.

He sounds like a 7 year old "well I didn't want to go to your stupid party anyway". Gosh I hope Paddy is "lucky" for the rest of the season. He seems to be getting "luckier" each week.

Paddy must have the luck of the Irish :rolleyes:

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
People often think the Luck of the Irish is a sarcastic thing - that the Irish people were unlucky due to famine etc. but it actually means good luck

1. LUCK OF THE IRISH
The phrase luck of the Irish is commonly thought to mean “extreme good fortune.” However, according to Edward T. O’Donnell, an Associate Professor of History at Holy Cross College and author of 1001 Things Everyone Should Know About Irish American History, the term has not an Irish origin but “a happier, if not altogether positive,” American one.

"During the gold and silver rush years in the second half of the 19th century, a number of the most famous and successful miners were of Irish and Irish American birth. . . .Over time this association of the Irish with mining fortunes led to the expression 'luck of the Irish.' Of course, it carried with it a certain tone of derision, as if to say, only by sheer luck, as opposed to brains, could these fools succeed."

So Paddy (he's as Irish as old Paddy's pigs our Paddy Ryder) keep having the luck of the Irish old son. We need you to help us continue to win at Port.:)

The good news is that Hird is contracted for 2016: nothing will improve at Windy Hill until after he leaves. Long may they struggle!!!

The Addy was trolling you, personally! What did you do?
See, I thought that teal when it fades should be light blue. Red should fade to pink, right?

Oct 21, 2012
Paddy’s Pub
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
lol how Hird still has a job is one of the most bizarre business decisions in the known world. His position is so incredibly untenable for a plethora of reasons. The board hates him, hird's wife has got up everyone's goat, he bought the game into disrepute, has continually baited the AFL and even took them on in his own private battle (and lost).

It's truly a marvel.
Looking back on this whole drama, my favourite part is how the big middle finger salute Paul Little/Essendon gave the AFL by resigning Hird has backfired so deliciously. What a cluster*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back