Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mind the replay, had it on in the car for abit. If you're really scratching for something to complain about, one of the commentators observed of Shaun Burgoyne: "and Port got rid of him cos they thought he was gone, he had a bung knee.. And he's gone on and played another 150 games for Hawthorn!"

I know the media like their hard luck stories during the grand final, but that's a fair push.. Shaun was every bit the blue chip midfielder when he left us. The usual minority using the coping mechanism "ah but his *insert body part here* is stuffed anyway we won't miss him" doesn't change that.

Who was the jibbering moron who said that? Regardless of what the long-term prognosis was for any particular part of his body, Shaun was a required player and actively walked out.

We didn't 'get rid of him' at all.

Fairdinkum. This thread serves a purpose - to call out unwarranted Port bashing and lies. Not for 'AWH MAN THE RADIO WAS TALKING ABOUT STUFF I DIDNT REALLY CARE FOR WHY DONT THEY CATER TO MEEEEEEEE'
Get a bit big for your moderating boots lately.

You do realise this forum isn't just for what you,like don't you? You've made a couple of these types of post. Just don't read what you don't like or put people on ignore (which I am sure would be the advice if people were complaining the same).

You do realise this forum isn't just for what you,like don't you? You've made a couple of these types of post. Just don't read what you don't like or put people on ignore (which I am sure would be the advice if people were complaining the same).
What does me being a moderator (not even on this board) have to do with anything? Several other people have expressed similar feelings to the types of things people post. You can't ignore a post you don't like because if you haven't read it then you don't know if you like it on not.

Who was the jibbering moron who said that? Regardless of what the long-term prognosis was for any particular part of his body, Shaun was a required player and actively walked out.

We didn't 'get rid of him' at all.
No idea, didn't recognise the voice. But yeah, was a bit of a wtf moment..

To be fair he is from Melbourne.

The Adelaide level of whinging can be a bit hard to read sometimes :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This media, eh? *shakes head*

tell me about it

giphy.gif

I didn't mind the replay, had it on in the car for abit. If you're really scratching for something to complain about, one of the commentators observed of Shaun Burgoyne: "and Port got rid of him cos they thought he was gone, he had a bung knee.. And he's gone on and played another 150 games for Hawthorn!"

I know the media like their hard luck stories during the grand final, but that's a fair push.. Shaun was every bit the blue chip midfielder when he left us. The usual minority using the coping mechanism "ah but his *insert body part here* is stuffed anyway we won't miss him" doesn't change that.

Got rid of him?! Jesus that's rich.

We got rid of Burgoyne as much as Adelaide are getting rid of Dangerfield.

What does me being a moderator (not even on this board) have to do with anything? Several other people have expressed similar feelings to the types of things people post. You can't ignore a post you don't like because if you haven't read it then you don't know if you like it on not.
Irony not your strong point?

Pretty sure it was Mark McClure
Who was the jibbering moron who said that? Regardless of what the long-term prognosis was for any particular part of his body

You may remember him from such rumors as "Dixon to Port Adelaide" or "Hartlett weighing up lucrative offers from Melbourne"
Nah you're thinking of Sam McClure, Mark is the idiot on Fox Footy who is probably the only fossil remaining in the media who thinks Carlton are relevant & often defends the mediocre aspects of his club more than he analyzes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back