Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** Talia.

Good luck to the campaigner. He beat the man. Who the **** hasn't tried to get out of a fine? He used the facilities at his disposal and won.

meh.

Get over it you sooks.
To be fair, I was concerned that someone can get off with just a fine for going 36 km/h over the speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So can we all use the excuse 'I didn't know I was speeding because I wasn't paying attention'?

Cat vomiting or not, that is what he is saying and the judge in all his wisdom is accepting.
As I posted earlier, this is my problem with the cat vomit affair. Not that Jenny used this lame excuse and got off. As Eddie Dingle posted, good luck to him. My issue is that some lame arse judged was swayed by this argument when delivered by a QC and decided that Jenny should get off with a slap on the wrist for something that was very dangerous to Jenny, his passenger and other road users.

As MrKK posted earlier, Jenny probably didn't realise he was speeding because he wasn't paying attention and didn't see the speed limit changed. What if he didn't see the car broken down in front of him or the person trying to wave him to a stop?

The last (and only the second) time I was pulled over for speeding the cop asked me if there was a reason I was exceeding the speed limit. I asked him what would constitute a valid reason and his answer was "nothing". In hindsight I should have realised he was a Queensland cop and that I should have said that I took my eye off the speedo to pick up the $50 notes that had spilled from my wallet and could he help me pick them up.

**** Talia.

Good luck to the campaigner. He beat the man. Who the **** hasn't tried to get out of a fine? He used the facilities at his disposal and won.

meh.

Get over it you sooks.

It's his privilege that allowed him to beat the man that irks. Derek from Davoren Park would have been laughed out of the courtroom if he tried that excuse.

It's his privilege that allowed him to beat the man that irks. Derek from Davoren Park would have been laughed out of the courtroom if he tried that excuse.

I'm surprised he didn't try the 'but Byron Pickett was driving the car' excuse. :rolleyes:

Derek should have gone to school for more than the bus ride.

Derek should have gone to school for more than the bus ride.

Poor example there, I doubt your average footballer was doing much more than Year 12 PE.

As if Derek would have a valid drivers license anyway.

What is most likely?

Ew yuck, the cat is chucking up all over the back seat, ah crap, that stinks, baby can you clean that mess up, there's some tissues in the glove box, oh no now the bloody dog is eating it.
OR
60 zone! What the? Roadworks? Come on there is no one even working today. Screw this, look that guy hasn't slowed down either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I read correctly that Port win 70% of games with Trengrove and 33% of games without him?

Yep. It's a perfectly fine statement.

With Trengove: 23 w in 33 g = 69.7%
Without Trengove: 4 w in 12 g = 33.3%

Could just be an amazing coincidence.

**** Talia.

meh.

Get over it you sooks.
No, he just became an offshoot of the man. He got a QC to argue for him and got out of what you or I would have been stuck with. What is most ridiculous here is that if I say "I was distracted by my cat vomiting in the back seat" I wouldn't get off but if a QC says "M'lud, if it pleases the court my client was caused a moment of inattention by his sick feline in the back seat causing him to fail to observe the proscribed speed limit" then it works.

Even better if a few words of Latin such as Caesar adsum jam forte are thrown in.:p

Sorry to break a page full of statistics but rumour mill has it that Goldsack is leaving Collingwood at the end of the year with port offering him a $1.2 million contact.

Jarhead on MMM said that it's bullshit and that the cows have offered him a $1.3 million contract. I thought the cows' salary cap was already tight when they picked up Podsiadly and Betts so who are they going to get rid of to get him or are they going to cheat again. Who knows... maybe the ghost of triggy still haunts the halls down at west lakes. :p

Sorry to break a page full of statistics but rumour mill has it that Goldsack is leaving Collingwood at the end of the year with port offering him a $1.2 million contact.

Jarhead on MMM said that it's bullshit and that the cows have offered him a $1.3 million contract. I thought the cows' salary cap was already tight when they picked up Podsiadly and Betts so who are they going to get rid of to get him or are they going to cheat again. Who knows... maybe the ghost of triggy still haunts the halls down at west lakes. :p
Lol Jars.. As if Tyson would pick Adelaide ahead of us over $100k, I think the proposed figures are more in line with Whites 4 year $1.2mil deal than the proposed 3 year $1.2mil.

AA are saying it's pretty much a done deal based on what he told them last time they spoke to him & 'Whispers' also said it's done, also said it's fantastic Hawthorn-esque target recruiting & we've used free agency perfectly.

To think a few years back opposition players would've thumbed their nose at our advances but now we've brought in 1-2 players to improve our list each year since we picked Ebert up, I feel a big name trade is not far away for us.

Last edited:
To be fair, I was concerned that someone can get off with just a fine for going 36 km/h over the speed limit.

Wasn't it 96 on a freeway that dropped to 60 because of some road works - but there wasn't anyone actually working on the road there because it was after hours??. If that's the case, I can't get to moralistic, as bugger it, I don't go 60 when there is a 25 sign because of roadworks and nobody is there and its night time and the road is actually safe.

Wasn't it 96 on a freeway that dropped to 60 because of some road works - but there wasn't anyone actually working on the road there because it was after hours??. If that's the case, I can't get to moralistic, as bugger it, I don't go 60 when there is a 25 sign because of roadworks and nobody is there and its night time and the road is actually safe.

Whether it was, which I haven't heard confirmed, it was against the rules of the road and last time I heard Daniel Talia was not responsible for writing them. The speed limits are there to be observed at whatever time they are left, I was once walking near road works which kept me off the pavement after hours. Someone came past at 60 and nearly wiped me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back