Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooch returns and starts working the angles. First he tells us to get out of postcode 5015 and when we do he asks if we will lose touch with the common supporter.

Have a look at close enough to 50,000 turning up every week, rising toward 60,000 members and tell me if Port is connecting with its supporter base.
The paradox is Collingwood fans love seeing their club win the corporate dollar, it gives the working man real pride in his club but only if they are winning. Rucci may be implying that the Haysman era which was 2008 to 2011 completely failed in corporate area eg MyATM, Soaring Securities and for quite a while no major sponsor.

I always thought Buckys focus on Teal and Power was the right one (commenced about 2001/02) based on the barriers that were set in stone by the SANFL, AFL and the fact that Maguire squealed every time there was mention of black and white.

The good news was the depth of corporate fail was so big in 2011/2012 And Primus was so bad that all the previous barriers were dropped around the Port Adelaide confusion with Magpies and Power.

I remember Bucky telling a marketing committee in about 2001 that the AFL and SANFL instructed Port to focus on Teal as they had too many teams in the AFL with black as their main colour. Very tough to swallow but the reality is the AFL own and license the brands to the clubs.

Sometimes you need the crisis to crush the legacy of history set by AFL and SANFL. You need the bust to get the boom!

I just wish Rucci would move forward rather than his "I told you so" articles. This is the same guy who said when James Ezard was de listed that we have lost the next Josh Carr.

I love where the club is at today and I am thankful of the 2008-2012 era in exposing all the holes in the SANFL ownership and conflicts of interest for all to see

Amen

Last edited:
Rooch returns and starts working the angles. First he tells us to get out of postcode 5015 and when we do he asks if we will lose touch with the common supporter.

Have a look at close enough to 50,000 turning up every week, rising toward 60,000 members and tell me if Port is connecting with its supporter base.

Yeah *** sigh *** :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Increasingly meaningless and irrelevant sub-par journo desperately seeking some responses IMHO.

Really off at a tangent. Not sure what point he was trying to make either? o_O

And he has the gall in the past to criticise Caro for a lack of journalistic integrity over her J Hird article.... "oh now she got THAT spot on didn't she - not". :drunk:

So Bones has a write up of our squad today and done exactly the same thing. No-one rated less than 5 - joke.

Looks like it will be a GF involving both SA sides this year.

So Bones has a write up of our squad today and done exactly the same thing. No-one rated less than 5 - joke.

Looks like it will be a GF involving both SA sides this year.
Yep. "Out of 10" means "from 5 to 9".

No matter how bad you are, you can't be worse than 5.

If you've played a game, you're 6. If you're good, 7. If you're good but are well known, 8. If you're genuinely elite, 9. 10 doesn't exist. Nobody's perfect, apparently.

What the * is the point of having a scale when you're only utilizing 40% of it? When I'm jerkin' my pickled cucumber, I stroke the whole fruit, not just a little bit of the head and a little bit of the shaft. I use the whole thing. It only makes sense. Get with the times, Bone.

If you've played a game, you're 6. If you're good, 7. If you're good but are well known, 8. If you're genuinely elite, 9. 10 doesn't exist. Nobody's perfect, apparently.

What the **** is the point of having a scale when you're only utilizing 40% of it? When I'm jerkin' my pickled cucumber, I stroke the whole fruit, not just a little bit of the head and a little bit of the shaft. I use the whole thing. It only makes sense. Get with the times, Bone.

I just get the missus to utilise mine. Also, Bone isn't the smartest fruit tingle in the pack

I just get the missus to utilise mine. Also, Bone isn't the smartest fruit tingle in the pack
Of course. Neither bones nor confectionery such as 'fruit tingles' have anything even close to approaching a sentient mind, and are thus incapable of thought and intelligence. To claim one has more of this unobtainable abstract than another is quite frankly absurd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the **** is the point of having a scale when you're only utilizing 40% of it? When I'm jerkin' my pickled cucumber, I stroke the whole fruit, not just a little bit of the head and a little bit of the shaft. I use the whole thing. It only makes sense. Get with the times, Bone.
Video game review systems are worse.

5 - 6 is unplayable
7-8 it's ok
9 suppose its pretty good.
10 Good game [still lists flaws even though that excludes it being a 10.]

The criticism-free nature of the South Australian footy media vis-a-vis players is hilarious.

Ian Perrie or Daniel Stewart could have one of their classic 7 disposal, 2 mark, 0.2 games in a narrow loss and any negative caller discussion of their performance would be spoken over/cut off/dumped.

Bone be like "not his best day but showed some signs 5/10".

The criticism-free nature of the South Australian footy media vis-a-vis players is hilarious.

Ian Perrie or Daniel Stewart could have one of their classic 7 disposal, 2 mark, 0.2 games in a narrow loss and any negative caller discussion of their performance would be spoken over/cut off/dumped.

Bone be like "not his best day but showed some signs 5/10".

Go and get stuffed Rexie. Go. And. Get. Stuffed.

Read the Bones article hours ago. Did not take too much notice but rated Pittard less than O'Shea which surprised me.

Depends on whether Pittard is having a good day or not. He is one of those players who needs to close the gap between his best and worst.

Depends on whether Pittard is having a good day or not. He is one of those players who needs to close the gap between his best and worst.
Jasper needs to be strong and not lose his feet when they isolate down back. He goes to water a little when he is on the last line, he makes me very nervous when they use options to isolate him.

If he can turn this part of his game around, then he becomes a star. If he can't, he is questionable for the big games at the MCG when it counts.

By the way I think the same of O'Shea.

They need to watch Tommy "the glove" Jonas, he is so good when he is isolated 1-1 I go for a beer as I know he won't let anybody down as he refuses to get beat in a 1-1. I love him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back