Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real sign of the times that we didn't bother tagging Clanger yesterday. 2-3 years ago, he would have been the center of our planning and first player marked for a defensive role. Now, he's an after thought to Sloane and Douglas, he's 36 touches simply weren't damaging. The true Benjamin Button of the AFL

This. So much this. Danger had 36 of the most useless touches on the weekend. I can't remember a single one hurting us. I actually feel better if we let him roam free without a direct opponent. The turnovers he'll generate for us will virtually win us the game.

Had to laugh with Healy tonight suggesting Boak may have now overtaken Dangermouse as the best midfielder in Adelaide. Now?
Try a couple of years ago, son.

Saw the those stats with K/E... Boak was 62% Clangerfield 49%... confirms what we all know anyway.

Just looking at Russells twitter and he has been sucking up to the crows for at least the past year.

Old russ probably got upset at how much port supporters don't like him these days and figured he would just jump on the vanilla gorilla bandwagon.

lol Dangerfield got in the team of the week on AFL.com despite having about double the amount of clangers as the next worst guy on the ground.

Yeah, got in ahead of Boak, ordinary. Not the worst of it. McPharlin and Taylor in key back posts for beating first year players plus Gibson who kept Petrie to two goals. Still no love for Alipate and his amazing start to the season.

so what is going on with Dwayne exactly, i've heard his commentary but what else has he done? Has something happened behind closed doors?

lol Dangerfield got in the team of the week on AFL.com despite having about double the amount of clangers as the next worst guy on the ground.
He should've got in the team on our behalf given how often he kicked it straight to our players, probably provided as much of our drive off half back for us as anyone in our side.

Gets a ton of hard ball & can shrug a tackle but couldn't hit a target under little pressure to save his life, that tumble punt that somehow fell in Betts' lap was one of his more efficient kicks of the day.

Not sure if this is a shakes head or nods head moment because of the lols, but anyway, this is from The Project tonight. Good cause and all, but terrible beanie choice!

11150732_909067299116549_9172287440858901515_n.jpg

Looks like Mr Beanie

Yeah, got in ahead of Boak, ordinary. Not the worst of it. McPharlin and Taylor in key back posts for beating first year players plus Gibson who kept Petrie to two goals. Still no love for Alipate and his amazing start to the season.

I suspect that tge team is chosen using statistics, though I haven't checked.

Despite rival fans' dislike of him, I always liked Dwayne's commentary.

But then I heard his gibberish in the second Showdown last year.

Really lays it on thick for the winning team.

Ah, okay, I get it now...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly written as if Brogan has said those words himself. He could be taking the piss? One thing is for sure, you don't hear a bad word about Walsh from those who have worked with him.
I know for a fact Paul Evans has something bad to say about him. Walsh apparently went up to him at training one day and said "you won't be playing in the senior side as long as I'm here"

Not sure how early on it was but Paul Evans never played a game for the Power with Walsh there

I know for a fact Paul Evans has something bad to say about him. Walsh apparently went up to him at training one day and said "you won't be playing in the senior side as long as I'm here"

Not sure how early on it was but Paul Evans never played a game for the Power with Walsh there

erm ability may have had a bit to do with that.

A real sign of the times that we didn't bother tagging Clanger yesterday. 2-3 years ago, he would have been the center of our planning and first player marked for a defensive role. Now, he's an after thought to Sloane and Douglas, he's 36 touches simply weren't damaging. The true Benjamin Button of the AFL
Was asked by a cows supporter yesterday why we didn't tag Dangerfield. 2 other people and myself immediately said "Dangerfield tags himself, he can't kick for s**t"

The look on the cow supporters face was priceless

erm ability may have had a bit to do with that.
Yeah without doubt. I think a guy named Warren Tredrea would have had more to do with Paul Evans not playing a game for the Power post 1998.

Still an example of not everyone loving Walsh

Was asked by a cows supporter yesterday why we didn't tag Dangerfield. 2 other people and myself immediately said "Dangerfield tags himself, he can't kick for s**t"

The look on the cow supporters face was priceless
They wont 'appreciate' his footballing foibles until he's gone and then they'll let us know all about them.

Just looking at Russells twitter and he has been sucking up to the crows for at least the past year.
You guys dont get it ... Dwayne was the designated caller, or the commentator for the match. As a professional he throws out any feelings he has for Port, and comes across as neutral, or even for the other team if they are behind ... much as BT did last week. That is what they are told & trained to do. What? Do you want him to be another one-eyed dickhead like Eddie & Stupid?

I can tell you he is VERY much a Port man through & through ... kudos to him for not showing that in his commentary etc

And G Cornes gave Clanger second best on ground...LOL......

In all seriousness and without a hint of facetiousness, Dangerfield is the quintessential Cornes player.

So much ball, so much effort, so little impact.

In all seriousness and without a hint of facetiousness, Dangerfield is the quintessential Cornes player.

So much ball, so much effort, so little impact.

We all remember that game they played last year against Hawthorn where Dangerfield and Crouch had 81 touches between them and they still lost. Gray and Boak, or Gray and Wines combine for 81 touches and no one is getting anywhere near us.

He also polled 6 votes from the coaches (and looking at them I suspect #sackwalsh gave him 5 of them).

Carlile missed out on the AFL team of the week again at the expense of loose (Victorian-based) men Taylor and Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back