Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have mates who do security at Adelaide Oval. Crows home games on average have more ejections(of home team fans). Some of those mates are Crows supporters, as one eyed as you'd get and like to stir the pot with mates who support Port. But even they say that Crows fans are worse then Port fans. When it comes down to it, our fans may not be better off financially, but they are better behaved. Crows fans tend to be more feral. And these are comments that are echoed by people from interstate who come down for games.
There was one incident last year during a Crows home game, a mate doing security there(crows fan) was helping an old lady(crows fan) get to her seat..he asked a guy(crows fan) politely if he could make some room so the old lady could get through to her seat..he was told to **** off. His words exactly where..."you don't get that sort of s**t from Port fans".
Having said that though, there's more ejections at the cricket and AFL, then there is for soccer games. But the media spend more time highlighting the "hooligans" evicted at the soccer, and more often then not ignore the evictions at the cricket.
This has to do with the fact soccer is a "foreign" thing. And this state is footy and cricket mad. So they take any chance to sling some mud at the other code.
And we all know the media in SA is full of Adelaide Camry ambassadors, so naturally they go looking and chase after stories to throw mud at our club.

And I used to do security on the weekends as a second job at AAMI stadium. And I can tell you first hand that Crows home games were worse then Port home games.
The behavior of Crows fans is often disgusting and down right disgraceful.
If you have to evict a Port supporter, at most you'll get his mates piping up to defend him.
Try evict a Crows supporter, and you get half the crowd around them abusing you.

And I'm sure most of us here have seen plenty of footage and still images from Crows games and seen how Crows fans behave. I've yet to see still images of female Port supporters with an angry mut yelling face on, flipping the bird at opposition supporters. Seen plenty of images like that of female Crows supporters.

About the only Crows supporters who don't cause trouble are the kids aged 15 or younger.
The rest are better off kicked in front of a moving bus. Even the pensioner supporters who will go out of their way to try and get opposition fans in trouble with security and police. I was often called over by elderly female Crows fans to remove opposition fans..because they didn't like how much nose they were making when their team kicked a goal or laid a big tackle. I never did unless the opposition fans arked up at me like idiots, but 9.5 times out of 10 they didn't. At most I'd tell them there's been complaints, just keep it toned down a bit and don't take their bait just ignore them.
It was funny seeing the crows fans get so frustrated by my refusal to evict people because they demanded it. They'd then go to the nearest police and complain, not only about the opposition fans but me supposedly not doing my job..guess what the cops do first? They go speak to the security to see whats actually going on..and when we tell them there is no problem or it's been dealt with, the last thing the cops are going to do is create work for them selves over a non-issue.
At times I was in the same area for crows games, and I used to get lots of dirty looks from the old ladies. I'd smile back at them and that would infuriate them further.

Seriously, it was easier and more enjoyable working in the opposition cheer squads behind the southern goals at AAMI with a few Port supporters sitting in there, then working at Crows home games. Most of the time there was never any trouble to deal with at Port games in the opposition cheer squad with Port supporters sitting amongst them. Crows on the other hand..it's non-stop abuse and feral behavior. That's the major difference.

We might not be as rich, but we are a better breed of people overall. Most crows fans should not be let anywhere near alcohol let alone be allowed to consume alcohol in public places.

Crows fans are genuinely a different breed, I'm convinced after years of dealing with their nonsensical bullshit, that they aren't even the same breed of human as the rest of the planet. Working, I've come across fans from all clubs except GC and GWS(don't do security anymore), and nobody came close to how irritating and painfully stupid crows fans were. We had bigger headaches with Crows fans then anyone else to be honest. And this isn't a biased account because I'm a Port member. It was only after dealing with these braindead idiots for years that I developed such a strong hatred for them and their franchise. I used to be of the opinion that two strong SA clubs doing well is better then one or none. But I've smartened up and realize there is no helping these "people".

They are a weird lot aren't they. My mums boyfriend who's an RAA worker was telling me the other day how a Crows supporter rang the RAA up to complain about the Port Adelaide membership lanyard's he has hanging off of the rear view mirror of his van. How ridiculous is that? I couldn't fathom what I was hearing. And also in the last showdown at football park my 12 year old brother was shoved out of the way by a full grown (Crows supporter) man after the match while he was trying to walk up the bay steps. I could go on about the things that have happened to me but I'd be here for a while so I'll leave it at the stadium.

The cowvertiser is running another of this "who could have selected Fyfe" things. Pretty pointless when you realise that if he had gone to some teams they may have wasted him or he could have been placed in a different position to that he is doing so well in. Melbourne had 4 picks before 20 in 2009 but have a reputation for wasting them. More importantly, Melbourne did no better than 12th(out of 16) since 2010 while Fremantle's worst has been 11th(out of 17) and they have been in finals every other year. A much better culture to improve in.
We were also pretty hopeless from 2011-2012 but we were getting games into good prospects. Unfortunately Moore was injured for a good part of that time or he may have got the opportunities and come on nearly as well as Fyfe. Whether Fyfe would have come on if his first three seasons were in a team that finished 10, 16, 14 rather than 6, 11, 7 will remain a mystery.

Courtesy of Damien Barrett's Sliding Doors:

24mzwwp.png

Shandy is lemonade and lager.
Reminds me of the story of the old regular who has just had a beer poured by a new young bar maid at his local. The level of the beer is about an inch from the top of the glass so he smiles sweetly at the young lass and says, "Do you think you could fit some lemonade in that glass". Thinking she's doing the right thing she smiles back and says "why certainly sir" to which the guy replies, "well put some more #$%& beer in there then".

Courtesy of Damien Barrett's Sliding Doors:

24mzwwp.png
Barrett has made a career out of doing this - recycling and rewording last week's news. He pretty much wrote the same piece last week.

It's the same with the Alex Rance story - he's fluffing around like it's the biggest story since Carey-Stevens. When on the occasion he breaks a story, he milks it for weeks and weeks afterwards

Fox Footy showing Freo v North Melbourne as "Last Time They Met". They will get a call from Fagan shortly #balance

Watching today's game I thought we had the DeesTV commentary team. Everything they did was really good everything we did was anonymous mostly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching today's game I thought we had the DeesTV commentary team. Everything they did was really good everything we did was anonymous mostly.
Remember Wingards snap?

Remember Wingards snap?
The one that stood out for me was Wingard's knock on that resulted in a goal. They wrongfully called it a spoil but had it been Rioli we'd still be hearing about it.

Frick Wingard is a smart player. :thumbsu:

I thought we had the worst commentary team I had listened to for a long time.

I'm pretty sure that they are all normally just "boundary riders" but they put them all together for our listening pleasure! I thought the actual boundary rider, Dixon was better than the rest of them.

Lynch FFS after the way he behaved in his last game, he should be never allowed to have anything to do with Port Adelaide. Unless of course we need something for our players to wipe dog s**t of their boots.

I guess at least we didn't have to put up with roo as well!

His first goal I think, where the commentators barely even reacted.

I recall them talking more about the Tree of Knowledge than Amon's goal from the boundary.

Are we to assume News Ltd journalists are busily scouring the Internet to put together a collection of AFC memes?
why do i get the feeling that there just won't be room in this weeks papers?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back