Roast The Media Watch thread

I never, ever, ever, EVER want to see our major sports on Pay TV only.
By the same token though, if I'm paying for Foxtel I never, ever, ever should be forced to watch C7 coverage.

Ever.

I never, ever, ever, EVER want to see our major sports on Pay TV only.
Neither do I but I'd like Pay to be able to cover them along side FTA so that I have the choice to pay for better quality coverage like HD and extended coverage ect.

If that means we get footy marketed towards footy fans, not the Dancing with the Stars market that 7 is targeting...

On the other hand people like me would miss out on every game except for the ones I see live because I can't afford Foxtel. I geerally mute the TV and listen to the ABC telecast anyway so the lack of quality commentary from Ch7 never bothered me that much.

Here is the article if anyone cares: http://www.theage.com.au/business/murdoch-wants-his-pound-of-flesh-20131105-2wzhs.html

Listening to Triple M on the way to a work PD thing...

First item? "Essendon find themselves in more hot water as two players scam two girls...."

Second item? Can't even remember, something trivial though.

Third time? "And in other news, Phillipines is trending on Twitter as the death toll from the typhoon mounts".

Firstly, talk about skewed priorities- story order anyone? And...

What exactly is the news? The trending on Twitter, or all those people dying? Pray tell, in the context of all those people that have died, why would anyone give a flying * if it's trending on freaking Twitter? What an absurd way to present such an issue.

Yes, you could rightly point out that it's trashy commercial radio and thus I shouldn't expect any different. But to even contemplate that people would prefer the news presented in that context, or think it's only a big issue if it's all over Twitter...

*!

/rant

I just wish we could've had Twitter around during World War II.
"The Russian Twitter servers have crashed in the wake of their crushing victory over the German army at Stalingrad".

#redpride #uptheivans #hunsaredone #motherland

"The Russian Twitter servers have crashed in the wake of their crushing victory over the German army at Stalingrad".

#redpride #uptheivans #hunsaredone #motherland

At least it'd be easy to round up nazi sympathizers by checking to see if they followed or retweeted @LordHawHaw

Back