The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know how the arrangement with the guest visas will work? Are Villa and Lampard going to be here at the same time or is it going to be one after the other in 10 game stints?

Lampard hasn't even been announced.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercat...mincia-subito-il-melbourne-801282446811.shtml

With the help of Google Translate:

Frank Lampard is a step away from closing the deal with the New York City. The latest rumors coming from England report has now reached an agreement with the midfielder svincolatosi by Chelsea on June 30. At this point, it seems likely that by the end of this week Lampard subscribe to his new contract. As the Major will begin in March 2015, Lampard should move immediately to Australia, beginning the season with the Melbourne City (which has the same properties of the NYC) and then launch into his American adventure next spring.

Lampard to NYC sounds like a done deal at least. Many reputable news agencies are going with it.

Would love to hear what our Hull correspondent SM has to say about him. I'm a posting novice so don't know how to tag him to get his attention

Sounds like a done deal. Exciting addition.

Erik Paartalu would be another great signing if we can secure him. Sounds like we're in the running (would be pretty surprised if the Melbourne team mentioned in this article wasn't us and apparently we had a crack at getting him on board back in the Heart days).

Game against Bolton is underway. Apparently Velaphi tried to clear a ball in the third minute, but it deflected off a Wanderers player and into the net haha. Better now than in a few months time to have these comedy of errors moments, I guess. Sounds like we're doing quite well, besides that moment though.

Edit: Kisnorbo just equalised from a Mooy cross. It sounds like Mooy and Duff are absolutely dominating.

5-1 at full time. Goals scored by Kisnorbo, Williams, Mooy, Brown and Dugandzic.

Obviously wouldn't have been a first choice Bolton Wanderers side, but that's an impressive result to finish the tour. Good signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

xavi re-signed for barca so he aint going no where melb city are gonna have a good squad

My understanding is that he's staying with Barcelona for the time being, but still going to New York in time for the start of the MLS season (so he will be with Barcelona in a similar sense to the way David Villa will be with Melbourne City). But yes, it certainly looks like Xavi is no chance whatsoever to come here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-early-2015-order-sign-New-York-City-MLS.html

Confirmed that Lampard won't be coming.

So Duff for the season inside the salary.
Villa for 10 games.
Koren virtually signed for the season.

You would think that all is left is a Australia marquee?

Isn't the whole point of marquee players to get extra people through the gates? I'm not quite sure he fits the bill...

If he leads us to victory then that will naturally happen.

Either way we are the hottest league in the comp, no doubt fans are going to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back