The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This just gets worse..

Robbie Koren out for 6 weeks.

At this stage is Villa leaves we wont have a Guest Player, an Intl' Marquee or an Australian Marquee on the pitch until December.

This just gets worse..

Robbie Koren out for 6 weeks.

At this stage is Villa leaves we wont have a Guest Player, an Intl' Marquee or an Australian Marquee on the pitch until December.

We don't have much luck with marquees, Engelaar breaking his leg last pre-season.

What's wrong with Germano?

He's perpetually injured. Not sure when he's due to return (Melbourne City has no time for useless stuff, like injury reports, on its website). Thing is, he is a solid player and can play full back, which is an area where we could certainly use a bit of quality. Plus, I believe he can get citizenship for the start of next season, if he's retained (i.e. he would not cost us a visa spot).

He's perpetually injured. Not sure when he's due to return (Melbourne City has no time for useless stuff, like injury reports, on its website). Thing is, he is a solid player and can play full back, which is an area where we could certainly use a bit of quality. Plus, I believe he can get citizenship for the start of next season, if he's retained (i.e. he would not cost us a visa spot).

The in's and out's for this weeks game has Germano listed as 1-4 weeks. So the the hell knows really.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyundai-a-league-round-3---ins-and-outs/k2ganbgipnt01ouelfi23cbzj

The in's and out's for this weeks game has Germano listed as 1-4 weeks. So the the hell knows really.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyundai-a-league-round-3---ins-and-outs/k2ganbgipnt01ouelfi23cbzj

Thanks for that. I mean, '1-4 weeks'? What a joke. One means you'd probably see a bit of action in the youth team to get yourself up for the following week; the other is edging into LTI territory. I reckon if they tried really hard, they might be able to narrow it down just slightly.

Looks like another year of trying to get one over Wellington to avoid the wooden spoon.

Bring on 30/11/14. The REAL derby.

And while I'm on an angry rant, Villa is useless. Half the player Barbarouses was tonight.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're s**t.

Terminate Ramsay's contract immediately.

Give Velaphi a start, Redmayne is a ******* *******.

If we lose to Adelaide & Brisbane then bye bye JvS.

We're s**t.

Terminate Ramsay's contract immediately.

Give Velaphi a start, Redmayne is a ******* *******.

If we lose to Adelaide & Brisbane then bye bye JvS.
Adelaide are in great shape, overreaction to sack JVS- a proven coach in competitions superior to A-League.

Adelaide are in great shape, overreaction to sack JVS- a proven coach in competitions superior to A-League.

Hi John.

But seriously, what are you referring to? Was an absolute disaster at FC Twente, had a few games as caretaker at Ajax (edit: actually he only had 1 game) and had a short failed stint at Guadalajara in Mexico. Hardly a fantastic resume as head coach.

Not saying we should sack him, but he has failed everywhere he has been. No point pretending otherwise.

Hi John.

But seriously, what are you referring to? Was an absolute disaster at FC Twente, had a few games as caretaker at Ajax (edit: actually he only had 1 game) and had a short failed stint at Guadalajara in Mexico. Hardly a fantastic resume as head coach.

Not saying we should sack him, but he has failed everywhere he has been. No point pretending otherwise.
Again, overreaction to the numbers. Winning % does NOT take into account drawn games, hardly disastrous if you analyse the data with care. Winning 30 odd %, drawing 30 odd%, losing 30 odd % is way better than your portrayal.

Again, overreaction to the numbers. Winning % does NOT take into account drawn games, hardly disastrous if you analyse the data with care. Winning 30 odd %, drawing 30 odd%, losing 30 odd % is way better than your portrayal.

I wasn't even looking at winning percentage.

Twente: Lowest league finish in 17 years. Literally forced out of the club through fan protest.

Ajax: One game.

Guadalajara: Sacked after one season. Reason cited as poor performances and lack of improvement in the team.

Not saying he's a bad head coach or that any of the above was his fault, but he certainly doesn't have a proven record. Unless you mean a proven record of being sacked after one season at every club he's been at (except us).

I wasn't even looking at winning percentage.

Twente: Lowest league finish in 17 years. Literally forced out of the club through fan protest.

Ajax: One game.

Guadalajara: Sacked after one season. Reason cited as poor performances and lack of improvement in the team.

Not saying he's a bad head coach or that any of the above was his fault, but he certainly doesn't have a proven record. Unless you mean a proven record of being sacked after one season at every club he's been at (except us).
I'm saying coaches in football are different from coaches in AFL, they are people managers, and development of youth, and it's not only win/loss .
If you speak to those who employed him for Heart, he was head hunted for good reasons.

Looks like another year of trying to get one over Wellington to avoid the wooden spoon.

Bring on 30/11/14. The REAL derby.

And while I'm on an angry rant, Villa is useless. Half the player Barbarouses was tonight.

Well Mr. Fickle, what were you saying in the previous 2 weeks? He has come from no base at all, and ideally would be a sub, but such is our wretched luck with injury, Koren, Williams, we don't have that luxury.

Was at the game last night and mistakenly got reserved seats 2nd level right behind the Victory active supporters.
I would like to thank them for giving me emphysema from all the flares and there was a lot of them due to our incredibly poor defensive play.
Ramsay is a scapegoat but rightly so he is not a defender his instinct is more attacking and he is a let down at LB, Murdocca started very well but was really down in the 2nd half along with most of our midfield but he stood out in particular IMO.
Once again this season it looks like we can not stop a opposition sides momentum and WE ALWAYS COME OUT FLAT AFTER HALF TIME. In saying that I think JVS has been told that the side must start scoring more by the powers that be and our first half was very good, especially considering Thompsons most blatant off side, I could see it from the stands that ref should be suspended for a week.
Who has thoughts on how we are going to improve ? Because it is still same old ATM unfortunately...

RANT OVER.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back