The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Chapman wanted a free/card for the WSW player sliding in on him. Didn't seem a lot of contact from the one replay I saw, but you just can't touch the ref. If he's lucky he's out for 3, I wouldn't be surprised if he got another 3 added on as an example.

It's the pain you suffer that makes the rewards at the end all the sweeter. I know some won't like the comparison but this side reminds me an awful lot of supporting Manchester City 4 or 5 years ago.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Tando was great. Mooy was great. Safuwan was great. Everyone was pretty good. No idea how we managed to lose that.

I think Chapman wanted a free/card for the WSW player sliding in on him. Didn't seem a lot of contact from the one replay I saw, but you just can't touch the ref. If he's lucky he's out for 3, I wouldn't be surprised if he got another 3 added on as an example.

It's the pain you suffer that makes the rewards at the end all the sweeter. I know some won't like the comparison but this side reminds me an awful lot of supporting Manchester City 4 or 5 years ago.
Its probably the only reason I bother anymore with this team. I have so much invested from day one that I want to witness the success.

We really do need to mix things up. As much as I admire, respect and thank JVS for all he has done for us, I would not be against changing up the coach. We really need to show some kind of improvement....just occasionally...
What on earth would a different coach have achieved tonight?
Mooy's goal was a bonus. TV was awesome- they could have scored more.

Well it's not just tonight. The team has no killer instinct.

Well it's not just tonight. The team has no killer instinct.
The team is just not good enough for that.
Why does everyone talk up the talent?
We MUST win ALL our home games. Any extra is a bonus. We do not deserve to think about F. In fact, who really cares about 6th place in a 10 team comp? Ridiculous really.

A change in plan, mix in team dynamic, added confidence in new direction. Long term I can't see JVS getting us anywhere. We need to try something new. If JVS mixes the team up and adds something to his gameplan he can stay. We are a team that runs on confidence and we don't have any. Either change the team to players who can handle themselves or get anyone in the leadership who can fire us up.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Tando was great. Mooy was great. Safuwan was great. Everyone was pretty good. No idea how we managed to lose that.

Tando is becoming a good addition to the team seeing he was also second fiddle to that awful Redmayne.

The team is just not good enough for that.
Why does everyone talk up the talent?
We MUST win ALL our home games. Any extra is a bonus. We do not deserve to think about F. In fact, who really cares about 6th place in a 10 team comp? Ridiculous really.

Because the talent is there, Mooy is a champ, Koren is good, we have Kennedy coming in as a decent goal scorer, Brown and Williams are both good players and can make an impact. There's just no direction from the helm. Also using injuries as an excuse is just pathetic btw.

Tando is becoming a good addition to the team seeing he was also second fiddle to that awful Redmayne.

Because the talent is there, Mooy is a champ, Koren is good, we have Kennedy coming in as a decent goal scorer, Brown and Williams are both good players and can make an impact. There's just no direction from the helm. Also using injuries as an excuse is just pathetic btw.
Why pathetic?
If your best players are out...if you haven't got socks, you can't pull them up.
You reckon Brown is a keeper?
Williams typifies our team.
Mooy is a Ferrari, granted.
Kennedy was a V6, but no longer.
Too many 33+ yo's.

A change in plan, mix in team dynamic, added confidence in new direction. Long term I can't see JVS getting us anywhere. We need to try something new. If JVS mixes the team up and adds something to his gameplan he can stay. We are a team that runs on confidence and we don't have any. Either change the team to players who can handle themselves or get anyone in the leadership who can fire us up.

I hope he thanks you for letting him stay then. Mixing up the team is > 1/2 our problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres some good talent in the squad, but a lot of dross. Include Koren in the latter category at the moment, and if it could be done I'm leaning towards moving him on in the off season.

I try to put together first XI I'd be happy to start next season.

Velaphi
New RB Chapman New CB Safuwan
Melling Paartalu Mooy
New FW Kennedy Novillo

Only six of those played today, one of those (Velaphi) out of contract and two of those (Novillo and Safuwan) are only on short term deals. So it shows to me what a big job is still to be done rebuilding the squad.

Theres some good talent in the squad, but a lot of dross. Include Koren in the latter category at the moment, and if it could be done I'm leaning towards moving him on in the off season.

I try to put together first XI I'd be happy to start next season.

Velaphi
New RB Chapman New CB Safuwan
Melling Paartalu Mooy
New FW Kennedy Novillo

Only six of those played today, one of those (Velaphi) out of contract and two of those (Novillo and Safuwan) are only on short term deals. So it shows to me what a big job is still to be done rebuilding the squad.
Long term is the project now.
I think in 2 years, I would like to see Mooy, Melling, Chapman, Safuwan of this current squad.
The rest will be new.

Long term is the project now.
I think in 2 years, I would like to see Mooy, Melling, Chapman, Safuwan of this current squad.
The rest will be new.

Maybe Novillo as well, but very early days with him. The rest will be phased out over the next year or two.

Keeping hold of the four you mention might not be too easy, especially Mooy.

Maybe Novillo as well, but very early days with him. The rest will be phased out over the next year or two.

Keeping hold of the four you mention might not be too easy, especially Mooy.
Novillo is young, at least, not sure if he is a great TEAM player. Looks very individual. Still, he is dangerous and young, agree, let's keep.

I think leadership is an issue too. Just no one there to steady the ship. Need a genuine leader where all the guys will fall into line. Kisnorbo isn't that player.

Roy Keane anyone ??

Even after that heartbreak last night .. I'll be there again Saturday ... sigh. Character building.

Though it's not an excuse, we have had an absolute horror run with injuries, in fact we have used 29 players and not been able to field an unchanged line up at any stage this season.

Just like CCM at AAMI, we create so many chances, I think we have the second most shots of any side, but just can't put it away and our defence at times is utterly abysmal.

JvS has had challenges and done OK, but finals was the pass mark and we obviously can't get that unless Brisbane loses their next 2 by huge scorelines. So he must be replaced before Saturday night, a game we simply cannot lose if only to save face.

I think Kisnorbo is a very good leader, shows it on field as well. Not to mention he has been one of our better players this season.

This club has really lacked the ability to ground out results away from home, and often at home as well.

I think it's time for JVS to go. He has had more than enough time at the club and unfortunately, despite the raft of new players, we still have many of the fundamental problems from his Heart years.
Agreed

Finals aren't gone yet. Bar a major surprise we'll be 6th by the end of this weekend and then the pressure will be on Brisbane who have a cruel workload with catch-up games and ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back