The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does sound a lot like Mooy... Let's hope not.
Seen a couple of comments and tweets about saying it's not Mooy, so fingers crossed.

- Bruno Fornaroli new striker signing
- Mooy staying
- Sorensen signing
- Samaras definetely not coming
- Germano maybe fitting under the new "Archie" rule.

Fornaroli - done
Mooy - done
Samaras - done

Sorensen talks have dried up a little, was in Manchester when Fornaroli was there a few weeks back, talk around him slowed a little too before his announcement so still is a possibility, although would be a waste of a visa imo.

Germano is now in on injury replacement for James Brown, what happens after that is anyone's guess. If it were upto me we'd part ways with him.

On paper we look solid, but that stands for jack shite. Back 4 look strong, with maybe the exception of Kisnorbo, was putrid in our FFA cup match but will give him the benefit of the doubt was just a bad day. Midfield look solid with Paarts', Mooy & Koren, really need a massive improvement from Koren this year, either way though I'd be surprised if it wasnt already decided he wont be with us next season. Front 3 of Novillo, Fornaroli & Gameiro, well who knows really, Novillo looks great but thats all we've seen.

FFA Cup match vs the Nux should be a good indication on how were traveling so far, depending on who makes the squad obviously.

Either way, will be good to get back to AAMI to kickoff 15/16.

So if we get Sorenson, what do we expect the XI against Wellington to be? For me it should look like:

Sorenson
Franjic - Hughes - Kisnorbo - Zullo
Paartalu
Koren - Mooy
Gameiro - Fornaroli - Novillo
On paper it's one of the stronger sides in the A-League, but we'll have to wait on how good Fornaroli plays up front, a lot will be relying on him.

So if we get Sorenson, what do we expect the XI against Wellington to be? For me it should look like:

Sorenson
Franjic - Hughes - Kisnorbo - Zullo
Paartalu
Koren - Mooy
On paper it's one of the stronger sides in the A-League, but we'll have to wait on how good Fornaroli plays up front, a lot will be relying on him.
Sorenson won't play this week even if he is signed. Tando will start in goals.
Gameiro still injured so I'd expect Kuzmanovski most likely to start on the left.

Sorenson won't play this week even if he is signed. Tando will start in goals.
Gameiro still injured so I'd expect Kuzmanovski most likely to start on the left.
Novillo is our best player on the left, I'd rather start Williams on the right.

Got my lefts and rights mixed up. Sorry Kusmanovski I expect to start on the right, Williams is also still injured afaik.
So if Fornaroli goes down we're ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a good win. I'm expecting a big season from us, frankly anything less that a top 4 finish is a failure. It's about time we did something in this league.

We don't have the depth of Sydney or Victory. But the best XI will be highly competitive.
Good thing Sydney were knocked out last night then.
A lot depends on our draw. A good draw and we could go all the way, but a hard draw and we might well be knocked out in the quarters.
Hopefully we get Heidelburg.

Looking like a very competitive side this season:

Sorenson
Franjic - Chapman/Hughes - Kisnorbo - Zullo
Paartalu
Mooy - Koren

Also a rumour going around that Ryan Edwards, formally of Reading, could be another incoming seeing as though he tweeted that he trained at Manchester City's facilities over the last couple of weeks

Disappointing news on Novillo's injury that will see him miss the start of the season but we now have the depth to cover him with Zinni (who I thought was impressive against Wellington), Kuzmanovski, Williams and maybe Edwards all solid options.

I know. I saw that news first before seeing Sorensen.
I wouldn't be too certain he's gone just yet.
Given Sorensen has been a done deal for quite some time, I suspect they are trying to bring him in as an Aussie once the season starts.
Doesn't make sense to have kept him around otherwise. He's eligible for permanent residency some time in October I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back