The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It is being reported that we have just lost Paartalu to the K-League.
I think Paartalu is quite underrated. If for no other reason he has great chemistry with Mooy. Would be a loss.

I think Paartalu is quite underrated. If for no other reason he has great chemistry with Mooy. Would be a loss.

Agree. Think we need him if we want to win the league.

Whilst I loved Paartalu for his size, his work on the defensive end was nothing special and he would often give the ball away in crucial positions.

Having said that, I'd be quite surprised/concerned if we sell a starting 11 player without a backup plan. You could argue Malik is a replacement, but with injuries it looks like he'll be needed at CB.

Whilst I loved Paartalu for his size, his work on the defensive end was nothing special and he would often give the ball away in crucial positions.

Having said that, I'd be quite surprised/concerned if we sell a starting 11 player without a backup plan. You could argue Malik is a replacement, but with injuries it looks like he'll be needed at CB.
Malik, Caceres, Mooy, Retre, Melling are all CM's as well as depth players like Trifiro

Malik, Caceres, Mooy, Retre, Melling are all CM's as well as depth players like Trifiro

True but Paartalu is the big breaking-down DM type, so out of those probably only see Malik and Melling as cover.

Going to miss Paartalu's threat from set pieces, always gave Mooy a target to aim for.

Was a common choice for me as first goal scorer and won a few times. Now who will I bet on :(

Wilkinson would be a massive get. Imagine this side:

Sorenson
Franjic - Chapman - Wilkinson - Melling - Zullo
Caceres - Malik
Mooy
Novillo - Fornaroli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been confirmed by News Ltd. Huge get. I think Paartalu was underrated and it's disappointing to lose him, but Wilkinson will be massive for this team, especially if it persists with a 3-5-2 formation.

Glad that the club is addressing the defensive issues, Wilkinson will be one of the better CBs in this league and it means Malik can take Paartalu's place in midfield. I don't think Fornaroli will go back to Uruguay, everything he says suggest he loves it here, the bigger concern would be Chinese teams.

I would think the way things are looking, Bruno will be made international marquee next year.

Round 18 NEWvMCY.png
SUBS: (2 to be omitted)
  • Bouzanis (GK)
  • Trifiro
  • Dekker
  • Retre
  • Garuccio
  • Fitzgerald
  • Kuzmanovski
INS: (Usual revolving door of subs/extended team selection)

OUTS:

• Paartalu (Released to K-League)
  • Carceres (Suspended)
FORM: (Last 6 matches)
  • Newcastle Jets: 1W 5L, 4 goals
  • Melbourne City: 2W 2D 2L, 14 goals
PREDICTION: Newcastle Jets 0, Melbourne City 5

CONCLUSION: #prayforjets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back