Celebrating HBF's 100k post. He is an ornament to big footy. The Casual Chat Thread

Which Pokemon Go team should you join?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday, I drank two bottles of sauv blanc, a glass of Rose, a couple of stubbies and even a can of CC and Dry. Got tot bed at daylight savings time of 3.30. Woken by a call from Dad at 8. Thought righto, I'm up, gotta play cricket anyway. First game of the season and my first as captain, so I want to be early. 12.30 start, we're the home side, I aimed to get to the ground at 10.30ish.

Eggs, bacon, hash browns, mushrooms, tomato, AVOCADO and a four-shot flat white. Breakfast of champions.

Get to the ground. It's already warm. Pitch is hard as a rock and outfield fast. I want to bat so we can sit in the shade and tire out the opposition, who prefer to bowl first, bat later and drink beer while they wait for their turn to hit. Only team I've ever encountered who does it, but it's their thing.

We lost the toss, but they sent us in anyway. Big mistake. We made 4/268 off 45 overs. One bloke made 110 not out, another 57, another 42 and I was 26 not out (off 18 balls).

Then we bowled them out for 18. :eek:

We won a one-dayer by 250 runs. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

One of our opening bowlers is a young bloke of about 23 who was unsure he wanted to play, with a bit of a hip niggle. He's a little soft. I made him bowl 5 overs: 3 for 5. Took him off and the next guy was on a hattrick in his first over. He took 3 for 5 as well. We only used one other bowler: he took 4 for 5.

I told the blokes it was the greatest captaining performance they're ever likely to see. (And that I expect improvement next week. :p)

Not a bad birthday. :rainbow:
Happy Birthday you old campaigner!

It's much less of a thing and it only happens if say a "villain" comes out to bat or comes on to bowl (or bad umpiring).

Cricket is still one of those games where if an 'opposition' player plays a good shot you can clap because in the scheme of things 4 runs isn't that big a deal.
I clapped that start of second quarter Hodge goal yesterday, felt dirty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tommy Sheridan can take some consolation from that Brisbane NRL player.
Tommy Sheridan will come back from it. Poor young guy, he had been playing so well before that too.

Guess what ? Dick won the English Premier League's Sack Race (for first manager sacked) :eek:

wp_ss_20151004_0003.png

I know people will probably say that it means nothing and it's ridiculous to link them together, but after all the Adam Goodes controversy, I think it's a nice outcome that both the AFL and NRL Premiers were led to victory on their Grand Final days by two Indigenous players, Cyril Rioli (Norm Smith Medallist) and Jonathan Thurston (Clive Churchill Medallist).

I know people will probably say that it means nothing, but after all the Adam Goodes controversy, I think it's a nice outcome that both the AFL and NRL Premiers were led to victory on their Grand Final days by Indigenous players, Cyril Rioli (Norm Smith Medallist) and Jonathan Thurston (Clive Churchill Medallist).
I still think Mitchell was robbed this year and last year for the normie.

Hodge got votes for playing a role and so did Cyril while Mitchell controlled the game

I still think Mitchell was robbed this year and last year for the normie.

Hodge got votes for playing a role and so did Cyril while Mitchell controlled the game
Had this conversation with a bunch of people now who'd put either Mitchell/Hodge/Smith/Frawley ahead. Cyril definitely got the Norm Smith of making me shitty though. He contributed to so many scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back