Celebrating HBF's 100k post. He is an ornament to big footy. The Casual Chat Thread

Which Pokemon Go team should you join?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Big Bash Beers!

Are we going to get #frisky4faulkner ? I'm going to miss a few Stars games this year cos I figured I might visit the fam in Perth for Chrissy & New Year
Mebby and I will be going to some BB games this season for sure.

So, yesterday, I drank two bottles of sauv blanc, a glass of Rose, a couple of stubbies and even a can of CC and Dry. Got tot bed at daylight savings time of 3.30. Woken by a call from Dad at 8. Thought righto, I'm up, gotta play cricket anyway. First game of the season and my first as captain, so I want to be early. 12.30 start, we're the home side, I aimed to get to the ground at 10.30ish.

Eggs, bacon, hash browns, mushrooms, tomato, AVOCADO and a four-shot flat white. Breakfast of champions.

Get to the ground. It's already warm. Pitch is hard as a rock and outfield fast. I want to bat so we can sit in the shade and tire out the opposition, who prefer to bowl first, bat later and drink beer while they wait for their turn to hit. Only team I've ever encountered who does it, but it's their thing.

We lost the toss, but they sent us in anyway. Big mistake. We made 4/268 off 45 overs. One bloke made 110 not out, another 57, another 42 and I was 26 not out (off 18 balls).

Then we bowled them out for 18. :eek:

We won a one-dayer by 250 runs. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

One of our opening bowlers is a young bloke of about 23 who was unsure he wanted to play, with a bit of a hip niggle. He's a little soft. I made him bowl 5 overs: 3 for 5. Took him off and the next guy was on a hattrick in his first over. He took 3 for 5 as well. We only used one other bowler: he took 4 for 5.

I told the blokes it was the greatest captaining performance they're ever likely to see. (And that I expect improvement next week. :p)

Not a bad birthday. :rainbow:

Happy Birthday RATD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for the final time, the big #marginmania spreadsheet:

View attachment 180187

Final ranking:

1. Dinsdale - WINNER of Margin Mania 2015. Give that man a badge :thumbsu:
2. Morganashlee
3. Yidaki
4. Royboy2
5. Hufus - Winner of the finals series :cool:
6. Keyser Soze
7. JoseMourinho
8. Jazny
9. Wooshette
10. Chaisa
11. Higgins2Waite
12. Freofalcon
13. Packedlunch
14. Cooksen
15. Allikat
16. Probitas
17. MEB
18. Richoatthedisco
19. CaddyUK
20. random.org
21. Reginald Perrin
22. Northern Lights
23. Lord Flashheart
24. Ashton Agar
25. Chelseacarlton

Thanks to everyone who took part, I hope it was fun and a nice change from a tipping comp. Congrats again to Dinsdale on being the hashtag margin maniac :)

thanks mate for organising, and thanks to all for participating in the most prestigious of all the Big Footy comps.

Happy Birthday richoatthedisco

I feel so lame wishing people happy birthday but everyone else is saying it so I thought I'd better as well or I'll look rude.

I still think Mitchell was robbed this year and last year for the normie.

Hodge got votes for playing a role and so did Cyril while Mitchell controlled the game

Cyril was a deserving Normy winner for me, was brilliant early on and helped set the tone, I don't like praising him as Hawks supporters goo over him enough already but he's a pretty amazing player to watch when he's on.

Thurston is pretty bloody amazing too in rugby league, was great to see him win that GF for the Cowboys tonight, awesome game to watch.

Cold Chisel before the game were great too, they're still as good as ever.

Happy Birthday richoatthedisco

I feel so lame wishing people happy birthday but everyone else is saying it so I thought I'd better as well or I'll look rude.

Cyril was a deserving Normy winner for me, was brilliant early on and helped set the tone, I don't like praising him as Hawks supporters goo over him enough already but he's a pretty amazing player to watch when he's on.

Thurston is pretty bloody amazing too in rugby league, was great to see him win that GF for the Cowboys tonight, awesome game to watch.

Cold Chisel before the game were great too, they're still as good as ever.
Definitely good to see Thurston redeem himself after the unlucky as * shot to win it. So so close.

Barnsey was spot on, as he gets older consistency becomes a battle, but tonight was Jimmy Barnes in his prime. Has definitely still got it.

Definitely good to see Thurston redeem himself after the unlucky as **** shot to win it. So so close.

That game was like the script for a sports movie where the underdog triumph's in the end after numerous setbacks along the way.

Unlike the AFL GF which was more like the script from Deliverance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back