THE MIGHTY GIANTS - 2016 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of like the pen/fixture thing - a bit different.

Not sure if I'm going to get the key cut for the front door or not. If it was just the G and not a reference to 2016, maybe, probably, but "locked in" to 2016, probably not.

Like the hat. (I think 2012 was the only out and out dud).

Much preferred the fixture from last year. Wife's on the fridge, mine on the wall in the office at work.

Won't use the key, but can see a few who will.

I must say I liked the fridge magnet fixtures. I have one from every year still on my fridge and am disappointed I dont have one his year. I did refer to the often.:(

Just bought my first membership:thumbsu::)

OK, I'll bite. (I must be :drunk:.)

Care to flesh out some details on this? You'll forgive me I'm sure if I find it a little hard to believe - given your posting history - that you've suddenly jumped ship without it being a lost bet, wind-up or something similar. Happy to have a new member always and hope you bring us luck! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys I have been given a job chance in Sydney later this year.

I'm currently still thinking about it. I'm lucky as a recent graduate to be offered this line, but I have a question.

With the recent poor form of Essendon's administration, the way fan's are acting towards Hird as a demigod and the Kool Aid drinking going on amongst members and supporters, it's easy to feel disillusioned and curious about maybe choosing a more solid jetty to moor on. I feel torn, but then there's the excitement of a GIANT new change in the competition.

What should I do?

I'm currently still thinking about it. I'm lucky as a recent graduate to be offered this line, but I have a question.

With the recent poor form of Essendon's administration, the way fan's are acting towards Hird as a demigod and the Kool Aid drinking going on amongst members and supporters, it's easy to feel disillusioned and curious about maybe choosing a more solid jetty to moor on. I feel torn, but then there's the excitement of a GIANT new change in the competition.

What should I do?

I know a couple of Bombers supporters through work and they're basically both the same as you. IMO if you enjoy AFL as a game, come along to some Giants games and see if it grabs you. I never really recommend throwing over your previous club, but I definitely recommend the "give it a try" approach.

Plus, you know, Giants are a lot more fun to watch than the Swans up here. :D

What should I do?

If you're in Sydney (congrats on the job opportunity) come along to a couple of games and see how you go. Start with a three game membership. We don't ask that you give up your bombers (at least not straight away;)) Happy to start as your second club (start......)

You're right, there is a lot of excitement abut the club. We're new and building. (and have the advantage of not being a tired old transplanted failure of a Melbourne club wearing half your old club's colours)

If you don't feel that committed just yet and are just curious, come out to Spotless on a GA ticket. But as I suggested, a three game membership doesn't completely lock you in, but it gets you not just three good days out at the footy, but entry into the Easter Show, the V8s and occasional discounts to other things happening at Homebush. You definitely get more than you're money's worth even if you don't go to the footy at all. Close to being the best value membership in the league I'd reckon.

Make the trip out and see what we have to offer. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (and not only can we put a full team on the park - it's a pretty exciting team to watch too)

What should I do?

As others have said having 2 teams is easy when you only see one play
I've been a saints member since 1986, had to stop for a while financially but have been again for the last 15 years, last 4 of which I've also been a giants member, hasn't lost me any sleep and I get to see my team play live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back