Player Sponsorship (the Mighty T and Beeg going to Copeland Cup Dinner)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggie5

My apologies.
I thought the certificates were being sent out now, but I've just heard they'll be sent later in the year.

So all good, apart from the timing :)
Don't worry about it, enjoy your trip.:)

lobaiga I've just had word that the jumper has been sent and that you should receive it within the next 5 days.
Hope it fits:)

neilk and orion21 the tickets for the Presidents lunch will also be sent in the next few days.

This weekend the two lucky sponsors neilk and orion21 will be going to the President's lunch.

Have fun guys, and remember to report back :)

Have a good time, looking forward to hearing how it goes!
I'm not sure if Eddie has a Q&A session during the function but I think some of the questions you guys would want me to ask would see me getting ejected pretty quickly!!

I'm not sure if Eddie has a Q&A session during the function but I think some of the questions you guys would want me to ask would see me getting ejected pretty quickly!!

No, not at all!

I've been to a couple of club functions in the last twelve months and I've asked a bunch of sincere questions and I've gotten sincere answers.

It's important to remember that the club is there to serve the fans. Eddie and the board is accountable to the members. Eddie is very conscious of that ... But he doesn't necessarily have an easy time of it. Some fans can be more reasonable than others. If you ask a question in a sincere and reasonable way, you can pretty much ask anything.

For example, if you asked Ed "So, when are you going to accept you were wrong with the whole succession plan thing, and sack Bucks and hire a decent coach?" you'll get fobbed off. But if you asked "What expectations is the senior coach expected to meet, what specific things do you look at when deciding whether to extend their contract or not?" - then you'll get a bit of ducking and weaving, but you'll get an answer.

If Eddie was having a Q&A session, the kind of questions I would ask would be

(1) "Eddie, recently in the media you suggested that the AFL should make 2015 the year of the fan. What would that mean for Collingwood fans?"

(2) "Eddie, what did you learn from the whole succession plan between NB and MM? If you had your time again, what would you have done differently?"

(3) "How far into the future is Collingwood planning? What kind of directions will the club head in over that period?"

Id love for one of you to ask how long he sees himself being President of the club for? Does he go year by year or is there a specific point he wants to see the club reach before he moves on? Be a good question to ask in relation to some of the threads that are on our board currently.

I'd also make sure he knows he is welcome to stay for life and that you're not keen on seeing him go :)

2:30pm for pre-lunch drinks orion21 so it might be a long afternoon. I'm going for public transport.
yes it will be nice to have a few quite beers........and a win would top it off........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love for one of you to ask how long he sees himself being President of the club for? Does he go year by year or is there a specific point he wants to see the club reach before he moves on? Be a good question to ask in relation to some of the threads that are on our board currently.

I'd also make sure he knows he is welcome to stay for life and that you're not keen on seeing him go :)

I have a few more questions as well so I will try and ask them all......

So back home and very happy after a great afternoon and the win was the icing on the cake. Eddie did not really speak much about anything related to Bucks or how we were going and the closest he came to saying anything controversial was when addressing Patrcick Keane from the AFL and saying that we were not against academies and would love to have one ourselves. It was really just welcoming all the sponsors and supporters and introducing a young lady from Holden who was absolutely stunning. Suggested anyone who wanted to buy a Holden should approach her and thought they would probably sell a few hundred today. Good to see the afternoon honoured Maxy and also great the see BJ working the room and obviously being there as an employee of the club in some role. Keeping these true Collingwood heroes around the club is a great thing. Also had Did's there paying his respects to Maxy and he was sitting near me watching the game with Presti. Clinton Young was sitting directly behind me and looked keen to get back in the one's next week. No photo's as I'm not the kind to disturb these guys. Did not run into orion21 as I was told he should be on my yable but all the other people on the table were couples or groups. Not sure where he was but sure he had a good time(I was on table 29). Many thanks to MG for all her hard work and looking forward to next year and supporting the player's sponsorship once again. BTW, Eddie didn't take and questions so no chance to fire any his way.
Need to watch the replay of the game but got the impression that despite what I've read here Tony Armstrong was quite good!

orion21 are you home yet from the Presidents lunch?
Ha ha yes today I am. I was supposed to be with Neilk but for some reason got changed to another table. It was a very interesting day indeed. Some rumours floating around, as well as stories from the other player sponsors. Eddie was good and able to have a very brief chat with him, but he was very busy all day. The meal was fine and the free drinks were good :) Was able to speak to Dids, Ben Johnson and Presti at different stages which was good. Game itself was great, and pulling off a win like that was awesome. Youngy hopes he will be back this week but is unsure on others. They all seem to think we are on the right track, but very disappointed about Shaz and Freeman not being able to play this year. By the talk Shaz wont be available for seniors at all, but would rather get game time into him through the vfl for the year. I asked about Ben Kennedy not getting the game time but no one was willing to say to much. We were asked to leave Maxi alone for the day which most did, but his presence around the ex players was good to see. They respect him so much still and will be missed. ALL in all had a great time and would go again for sure

Did you get his thoughts on Frosty?
No I didn't, asked more about the legacy that Maxwell will leave at club and why people outside the collingwood football club, including some supporters never rated him etc etc.

Although we haven't seen much of lobaiga lately she has let me know that she's received the Collingwood Forever Guernsey and absolutely loves it.

Hopefully she'll post a photo:)

Maggie5 have you received your certificate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back