The most comprehensive Ablett video ever produced

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys, Sorry if its something obvious but on the youtube downloads it says the video is private and on the posting on here its just a white box on the actual forum page? Any help please?

there shouldn't be any issue.

Tried to merge both Youtube account into the one...may have been an issue when I did that but that was last night

Yeah it is still private, I have searched it on other websites and it still says private? any help would be appreciated, im so looking forward to it :)

Yeah it is still private, I have searched it on other websites and it still says private? any help would be appreciated, im so looking forward to it :)

can you send me the link you are trying please?

The videos seems to be working from my end, I'll check it out.

trying to get it done. Still a heap of editing to go as the 1996 season isn't finalized just yet. Can't really put a finished date on it but will get a good deal of time on Friday and the weekend to finish as much as possible.

Keep up the awesome work.....looking forward to the finished product

Loved both the videos. Absolutely awesome for doing this. I literally had tears flowing down my face during the 89 grand final part and seeing all the footage from the early 90's about games I had long forgotton was terrific.

The only downside was falsely implying that an interview of Malcome Blight talking about the 89 season and footage of Ablett talking about the 93 season was about the 91 season. That was just plain wrong. If there were no interviews from that time you should of just used text on the screen.

But the rest of it was brilliant and put a great big smile on my face. Thanks alot for doing this. I can't wait for the last one.

lol
just soccer's it casually from 30 out with no celebration or fanfare :p
As Sandy Roberts mentions..."that's just regulation for him".

Was a seriously good soccer of the footy, have footage from old 80's games where he just soccered them through on almost impossible angles.
Tremendous judgement and skill I'd imagine it takes to do that especially with an oval shaped ball.
He would have made a remarkable soccer player with his balance and strength through the core & hips, not to mention that explosive burst of speed his son uses to burn defenders.

Yeah, imagine if we could header goals in Aussie Rules - Ablett would have been diving and jumping from everywhere.

I know we are all pretty depressed at the moment and looking forward to summer coming around but just a reminder to check back in here within the next couple of days or so as I will have this final installment of the Gazza video up and running.

Sorry it has taken so long folks but am sure the wait will be justified :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we are all pretty depressed at the moment and looking forward to summer coming around but just a reminder to check back in here within the next couple of days or so as I will have this final installment of the Gazza video up and running.

Sorry it has taken so long folks but am sure the wait will be justified :thumbsu:
Sensational.

Bobby you are a deadset legend:thumbsu:
To borrow from another great Bobby, what you have done is fair dinkum unbelievable.

It is great to be able to show young Cat fans just how good Gary snr was, they have heard tales passed down over the years of what he was able to achieve but to be able to actually show them is another thing entirely.

Thank you for all the hard work you have done putting these together for all the Geelong faithful to be able to enjoy

Fantastic Bobby, just watched the first 10 mins on iPad but this has given me the incentive to finally hook up my smart tv, will watch on the big screen with my boys and give them a history lesson. I was about 10 when gaz arrived, and probably watched 95% of his games live. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up just watching that first video from the crowd v Carlton. Not sure if that was the game but I played little league on princes park, it was full ground back then, and actually paid $5 to the kid who got given the #5 jumper that day. Bloody hungry when I got home. Great memories. Best player ever for mine. :thumbsu:

Thanks Bob, loved the Eagles game in 1995, cleaned up Mitchell White a couple of times among others. That game was well described in the Playing God book, one of the few times Gary got fired up in the rooms.

What a superstar.

That game was well described in the Playing God book, one of the few times Gary got fired up in the rooms.

I can't recall reading that section.
Fired up prior to the game or during the halftime break?

He was one of those players that seemed to enjoy it when it was physical, kind of helped get him in the mood and edgy and it was those games he would do the spectacular.
I think after he cleaned up Mitchell White and there was an altercation, he kicked the next 7 goals. They tried three different opponents but couldn't contain him.

How bloody tough was Worsfold though :D
That bloke never took a backward step. He and Gazza had some terrific duels

I can't recall reading that section.
Fired up prior to the game or during the halftime break?

During the half time break. I just grabbed it then to make sure and it starts at pg 282. :) The Eagles were giving it to all of our players, and after the war of words at half time walking off the ground,in the rooms Gazza was more fired up than anyone could recall seeing him.

haha
wonder what was said to him to get him so fired up?

I often wondered if he tried to hurt Mitchell White intentionally as it was White who nearly made him a paraplegic back in the 1993 game, last game of the year.
He pushed Ablett into the goal post and it put him down for a good 5 or so minutes and he tended to go for him forever after that incident.
According to the book they were heckling him about religion.

I don't think he would have targeted White specifically, just wrong place and wrong time for Mitchell :)

Speaking of cleaning up blokes, in the vision at KP against the Bulldogs just after the Eagles game, I remember being there standing up near the scoreboard, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was Gary who put that bloke down who ended up on the stretcher. There was a bit of a scuffle on which he ran to from the goal square and when he arrived he just ran through the guy, not an elbow or anything like that, just hit him hard with the hip and shoulder. I can't remember who it was. Probably worth a couple of weeks now....:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back