Movie Draft The Movie Draft 2: Draft Harder (Murtaugh Division)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Outsiders is rather good, although I dont love it, and the similar Rumble Fish is more memorable imo.

But it is a cool young cast. I read Rob Lowe's autobiography a year ago and he spent a lot of time on this film (it was his first major role I think). Even back then Tom Cruise was a control freak career manager, more mature about his career than some other young cast members.
For pick 9 I'm really happy

Bearing in mind that I haven't seen Risky Business, The Color of Money or Born on the Fourth of July I'm going to go with a pleasant surprise from last year, Mission Impossible IV : Ghost Protocol.

Hits all the right notes and I thought it was one of the most enjoyable blockbusters I've seen in years. Highlights include the sandstorm chase and the scene at the Burj Khalifa

Was also considering Interview with the Vampire and the first M:I

Start us off with WWII JP Sauce

Wow, we've already started :eek:

Had a quick look, and one stood out to me as a clear favourite (although lots of decent enough films in his filmography).

Eyes Wide Shut

cruise.jpg

An underrated modern classic. Not Kubrick's best, but would probably place it as my 4th favourite from him, following Barry Lyndon, 2001 & The Shining (his clear 3 best imo, the rest you could throw a blanket over).

This night odyssey is oddly gripping, and very memorable. Tom Cruise is good here (no one sucks in a Kubrick movie, he can get decent-enough performances out of hacks like Ryan O'Neal). Kind of became a gossip mag victim thing with the shortly-after divorce of the real life stars, as well as Kubrick's death at the time of the films release.

Happy that my favourite Tom Cruise film fell to 6th. He was good with his film choices at the turn of the millenium.

How on earth is DIG right behind me again?!!?!:confused:
I knew you would choose the Kubrick film instead of the planes shooting at eachother film :D

Onto WWII we go. I get pick 10. This sucks. All the good films will be gone.

On Tom Crusie. Surprised Interview with a Vampire wasnt taken. Love that film. He also completely steals Tropic Thunder with an awesome cameo.

Onto WWII we go. I get pick 10. This sucks. All the good films will be gone.

On Tom Crusie. Surprised Interview with a Vampire wasnt taken. Love that film. He also completely steals Tropic Thunder with an awesome cameo.
Agreed on Interview. Great movie and I was very close to picking it.

I had Interview and Born on the 4th of July next with A few good men, Last Samurai, M:I and War of the Worlds in the next group!!!!

Really interested to see what is left at pick #8 for WWII

Just to clarify before we end up with a 'Lion King' situation on our hands. Does the movie have to involve warfare and shooting or can it be set during the war but not necessarily about the fighting?

Just to clarify before we end up with a 'Lion King' situation on our hands. Does the movie have to involve warfare and shooting or can it be set during the war but not necessarily about the fighting?
Was going to ask the same question. I would think as long as it's directly related to WWII it should be right, whether it shows war scenes or not. I'm going to struggle with this category. I enjoy war movies but am now realising I've not seen many about WWII.

Was going to ask the same question. I would think as long as it's directly related to WWII it should be right, whether it shows war scenes or not. I'm going to struggle with this category. I enjoy war movies but am now realising I've not seen many about WWII.
I thought exactly the same thing but wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page and avoid jod23 hijacking the thread with complaints :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really interesting Tom Cruise picks.

No-one picked Days Of Thunder, I'm shocked!

In all seriousness, Minority Report is my favourite Cruise film, so well done for picking that and gets my vote. How do you pick a winning team at the end?

First thoughts are Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut taken way too early. Even though I did quite like VS. Color of Money, Risky Business and even A Few Good Men not making the cut is surprising.

Oh and really looking forward to seeing the numbered titles category. One of my all time favourite films should feature.., if it doesn't I might cry and shake my head at you. :)

Man... this was tough. You'd think getting the number one pick for such a strong category would be a good thing, and it is, but there's pressure that comes along with it. With SO many great movies to choose from I had a really hard time narrowing it down.

In the end though I'm going to back my first instinct, which means I'm taking:

schindlersList4.jpg

Schindler's List

Simply brilliant. Spielberg's best film, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes both deserved awards for their performances. Powerful, excellent use of black-and-white (and colour), I could go on and on but you've heard all this before because you all know how good this movie is.

Rain Man and Schindler's List? Come at me, bros!

j0rdy1 you're up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back