The Movie Thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't stop watching Western's. What's wrong with me? Anyone got a couple for me!?!?

I've seen:
Butch Cassidy - 8/10
The Leone Spaghetti Trilogy - Beastly movies!
Once Upon a Time in the West - Good, but overrated.
High Noon - Loved it
Unforgiven - Excellent
True Grit (2010) - Good, but cant understand a thing Jeff Bridges says.

And I have 'The Outlaw Josey Wales', 'The Wild bunch', 'Stagecoach' and 'Tombstone' waiting in the wings.
For a change try "Cowboys and aliens" Pera with Daniel Craig.

Aliens arrive on earth and terrorize a small western town is search of gold, which they use for fuel for their spaceship of all things.

Its a weird plot line but carried off well by Craig and the cast.

For a laugh the 'Trinity' series is good.

Aliens arrive on earth and terrorize a small western town is search of gold, which they use for fuel for their spaceship of all things.

For a laugh the 'Trinity' series is good.

This is directed or produced by the guy who created Revolution the TV show.

Also Monica's rich boyfriend, who tried to become a UFC fighter, on Friends. If anyone remembers :p

You forgot the most important part of that movie..... Olivia Wilde

You forgot the most important part of that movie..... Olivia Wilde

She's pregnant with Jason Sudeikis' baby.

An average looking funny man, doing us men proud :thumbsu:

Can't stop watching Western's. What's wrong with me? Anyone got a couple for me!?!?

I've seen:
Butch Cassidy - 8/10
The Leone Spaghetti Trilogy - Beastly movies!
Once Upon a Time in the West - Good, but overrated.
High Noon - Loved it
Unforgiven - Excellent
True Grit (2010) - Good, but cant understand a thing Jeff Bridges says.

And I have 'The Outlaw Josey Wales', 'The Wild bunch', 'Stagecoach' and 'Tombstone' waiting in the wings.
Anything with Clint Eastwood in it is golden. The Leone trilogy are my favourite western movies, but 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' is also up there. 'High Plains Drifter' and 'Pale Rider' are two other good Clint westerns. 'Unforgiven' is amazing too, but you've already seen that.

Definitely watch 'Tombstone'. Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer are great in that movie. Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' is also a really ridiculously good modern western too if you haven't seen it already. If you want to see a weird, experimental western 'Dead Man' with Johnny Depp in it is pretty interesting too. Might not be everyone's cup of tea though.

Anything with Clint Eastwood in it is golden. The Leone trilogy are my favourite western movies, but 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' is also up there. 'High Plains Drifter' and 'Pale Rider' are two other good Clint westerns. 'Unforgiven' is amazing too, but you've already seen that.

Definitely watch 'Tombstone'. Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer are great in that movie. Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' is also a really ridiculously good modern western too if you haven't seen it already. If you want to see a weird, experimental western 'Dead Man' with Johnny Depp in it is pretty interesting too. Might not be everyone's cup of tea though.
Have both High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider - they were so good I bought the DVD lol.

Unforgiven is one of those shows that grabs you and carries you along until the finale.

John Wayne's Red River is another sensational western if you can get it.

Mmmm yes the luscious olivia

It seems to be a bit of an underground favourite, Craig is certainly no Rock Hudson in looks or Sir Lawrence in ability but I like his persona, reminiscent of an up to date cut rate bogey.

I'm happy to watch Daniel Craig anytime;)
And don't you just love his 6 pack? Mmmmm

Funnily enough, I have this in my DVD stack ready to go. I'll be sure to give it a crack over the weekend.
Anything with Clint Eastwood in it is golden.

Absolutely. Talk about a guy who was born for a specific type of movie. Clint always delivers in the westerns.

Thanks for the suggestions, all seem very good, especially 'Dead Man', which I have never had the pleasure of watching. Django is another classic which I forgot to include, and can't wait for Tarantino's next movie which is also a Western! :D

The Searchers

John Wayne is probably the next golden olden actor I follow. Have any other movies he is exceptionally good in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad news:
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/22/quentin-tarantino-hateful-eight-script-script-leak
I'm sure he'll change his mind though. He's too enthusiastic to just quit on a project like that.

If QT hasn't been f***** around by Hollywood enough. :( s**t news.

Madsen and Tim Roth are some of my favorite actors and its a real shame that one of them would leak the script. Looks like it would have been an all star cast as well with Waltz potentially joining the movie.

Oh well, I love the 'I'll move on to the next thing. I've got 10 more where that came from". :thumbsu:

I saw Inside Llewyn Davis last night. It is a typical Coen brothers movie with memorable minor characters, though a bit more low key and subtle in style than most of their movies. Really loved it, particularly the musical scenes which are beautifully rendered.

For those of you who love satirical humour any of the Mel Brooks films are good value. I've seen them all from High Anxiety and Blazing Saddles, Men In Tights right through to the side splitting The Producers they all feature tongue firmly in cheek humour and sincere self deprecation. And let us not forget Spaceballs and Young Frankenstien :)

For those of you who love satirical humour any of the Mel Brooks films are good value. I've seen them all from High Anxiety and Blazing Saddles, Men In Tights right through to the side splitting The Producers they all feature tongue firmly in cheek humour and sincere self deprecation. And let us not forget Spaceballs and Young Frankenstien :)

I adore his musical numbers

Don't be stupid
Be a smarty
Come and join the Nazi Party!

I adore his musical numbers

Don't be stupid
Be a smarty
Come and join the Nazi Party!

Agreed CM Springtime for hitler is one of my all time favourite musical numbers.

Although the all time favourite in musical numbers has to be for sweet Liza singing "Caberet" in the musical of the same name.

Like our current songstress Dami M Liza wasn't big but she had a true entertainers heart and would 'give' to the audience until it killed her.

Just watched Her...... ummmm its interesting but brings cyber sex into a whole new element. But to be fair if my operating system had Scarlett Johanssen's voice i would be probably date her as well

Saw this tonight.
Very good movie. So many elements to it.
More about cyber romance/relationships rather than cyber sex, although there a few 'moments' in it

Thought it was terrific. 4 out 5 stars.

Saw this tonight.
More about cyber romance/relationships rather than cyber sex, although there a few 'moments' in it

David Stratton gave it 5 stars and 4 and a half to Inside Llewyn Davis.

Saw this tonight.

no doubt but a scene though is why i said sex. Very interesting flick.
Still behind Dallas Buyers Club for mine

So I watched The Wolf of Wall Street in the cinema for the first time yesterday, after watching a leaked version at home - it was just as good as the first viewing! The cinema was full of uptight old people who clearly didn't know what they were getting themselves into. The awkwardness in the room and the gasps and groans during some parts were hilarious.:D

The humour in the film went right over their heads, but me and my wife were cracking up laughing (there was one cool old guy in there laughing along too though).:p

If you haven't seen it yet, go see it.:):thumbsu:

So I watched The Wolf of Wall Street in the cinema for the first time yesterday, after watching a leaked version at home - it was just as good as the first viewing! The cinema was full of uptight old people who clearly didn't know what they were getting themselves into. The awkwardness in the room and the gasps and groans during some parts were hilarious.:D

The humour in the film went right over their heads, but me and my wife were cracking up laughing (there was one cool old guy in there laughing along too though).:p

If you haven't seen it yet, go see it.:):thumbsu:
Saw it yesterday too! Great film, engaging the whole three hours through. Loved Leo's versatility and his characters good and bad moments.

Don't really think there is a moral story to the movie but just a great story.

Saw it yesterday too! Great film, engaging the whole three hours through. Loved Leo's versatility and his characters good and bad moments.

Don't really think there is a moral story to the movie but just a great story.
I thought that was a good choice. They show his downfall but they don't preach to the audience and dumb it down for people. Leave a little ambiguity and let the audience choose what to make of it. I like ambiguity in movies.

Jonah Hill with his Bugs Bunny teeth just cracks me up in this movie. "Hilfe!":D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back