Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

rocker_oz33 post your early 90s clips anyway, I like your random input. :thumbsu:We can remember the GF's we didn't win (or didnt make it to!!)
Have you noticed the three male dancers in most of Gladys Knight's clips-they're hilarious. My girlfriends and I have been known to imitate their dancing when we have our girls'nights in. :drunk:

Also, Tom let me name his chickens when he bought them-Gladys is the star of the trio, she's beautiful.
CG, I lol'd so much thinking of you as back up dancers, so funny. Gladys is a fantastic name for a chook as well-are Tom's other chooks named after singers?

OK, I'm choosing to go back to our 1st ever premiership, from 1951-and I challenge anyone to find another song from this far back :D!!-

rocker_oz33 post your early 90s clips anyway, I like your random input. :thumbsu:We can remember the GF's we didn't win (or didnt make it to!!)

CG, I lol'd so much thinking of you as back up dancers, so funny. Gladys is a fantastic name for a chook as well-are Tom's other chooks named after singers?

OK, I'm choosing to go back to our 1st ever premiership, from 1951-and I challenge anyone to find another song from this far back :D!!-
Kaz, wasn't our first VFL/AFL premiership 1925?

Well, I'm fairly sure it was so...

Released in 1925

Kaz, wasn't our first VFL/AFL premiership 1925?

Well, I'm fairly sure it was so...

Released in 1925

Well there you go. I thought I'd gone back to the start, but no, I hadn't. :$
How in the world are you and The Big Ship finding music from waaaaayyy back anyway? It's quite amazing to hear.

Pivo, remind me when our pre-season premierships were to give me some room to rebel, I'm joining Rocker!!

Gladys is a fantastic name for a chook as well-are Tom's other chooks named after singers?
Nah, the others are named Myrtle and Hilda (Hilda is my scatterbrain Nanna's name). Gladys is the best layer though (sounds a bit weird ;)).
I only knew that one from the movie Ghost World :D
Ghost World is an awesome movie, haven't seen it in yonks.

Okay, some movie inspiration-this song was used in the wacky movie of the same name, and happens to coincide with our '51 premiership...

And something from '07...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And finally

I still sing these. You'll know these Hell Kitty I grew up with them, in between Mum's Bach, Rach, Prokofiev and Beethoven, with Dad's Tijuana Brass (yes it's true).

Another MM classic
Velvet smooth voice

Well that's pretty much how my son's friends died, Allrighty. :(
I've never watched the video of that song before- I sort of now wish I hadn't because I liked the song without knowing what it was about.
Well * me I am sorry to dredge that up.

I actually was thinking of posting JJs "Is she really going out with him" (rather than Real Men) where the other version I know uses "down on" ... and so it goes.

I've always thought Real Men was about the loss of identity of blokes, I guess like John Williamson's True Blue in a way, and was metaphorical not literal.

Well **** me I am sorry to dredge that up.

I actually was thinking of posting JJs "Is she really going out with him" (rather than Real Men) where the other version I know uses "down on" ... and so it goes.

I've always thought Real Men was about the loss of identity of blokes, I guess like John Williamson's True Blue in a way, and was metaphorical not literal.
No need to apologise allrighty. These kids deserve better than to be forgotten and their anniversary is coming around in about 10 days' time. There was another multiple fatality out this way just a couple of weekends ago- two cousins of my daughter's friend plus two others died. It brought back memories that were as fresh as the day my son's friends died 7 years ago.

I like your other JJ choice much better - I think it suits my voice better, too ;)

As for True Blue- I'd like that to be sung at my funeral :)

No need to apologise allrighty. These kids deserve better than to be forgotten and their anniversary is coming around in about 10 days' time. There was another multiple fatality out this way just a couple of weekends ago- two cousins of my daughter's friend plus two others died. It brought back memories that were as fresh as the day my son's friends died 7 years ago.

I like your other JJ choice much better - I think it suits my voice better, too ;)

As for True Blue- I'd like that to be sung at my funeral :)

Funeral songs...
Think that was a topic on the music thread.
I'd like

Awesome piece of music with an even better crescendo
Apt title for a funeral song?.....

Funeral songs...
Think that was a topic on the music thread.
I'd like

Awesome piece of music with an even better crescendo
Apt title for a funeral song?.....

Festival Hall Melbourne 1981 (?) Knopfler on stage alone playing this as the roadies dismantled the stage around him. Then the band kicks in. First time I'd heard it and was blown away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back