Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're the best James, this batch of songs are totally awesome.
It's killing me though-am having a sneaky listen from work (even had a cry listening to one of catgal's songs above :cry::hearts:), and now I just want to get up and dance around the office.
Especially love the Whispers song, great clip too.:thumbsu:
And here was me thinking there'd be no more W!

You're the best James, this batch of songs are totally awesome.
It's killing me though-am having a sneaky listen from work (even had a cry listening to one of catgal's songs above :cry::hearts:), and now I just want to get up and dance around the office.
Especially love the Whispers song, great clip too.:thumbsu:
And here was me thinking there'd be no more W!

The Whispers were a favourite of my uncle's - what I've always found fantastic is they always lived life like it was 1978 ALL THE TIME...

Think I like your sad songs a bit more than ones I used to listen to catgal. Here's an example of a W number I listened to over and over after being dumped by a boy when I was younger :$:oops:-

Loved early Kim - she had the saddest melodies in that golden era of pop, and a dreamy pair of......eyes to match. :D

Inspired choice The_Big_Ship, their first three LPs are just awesome!

W.

Is for Bob Marley and The Wailing Wailers, with this little rude boy classic:

And Ween, who have already featured, but couldn't resist this one. Channeling Motorhead, it seems:

Scott Walker's most recent offering. 'Epic', to put it mildly:

And W is for Willy Wonka and Gene Wilder:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so I'm new to this thread (and The Scratching Post in general), but from what I can gather we are posting songs by artists beginning with W - so here's a few of my favourites:

(I could really have put dozens of Tom Waits songs here)

Welcome to you. Shame you didn't join back at A, you have good musical tastes that the guys around here will appreciate. :thumbsu:

That's a cool backtrack Shai -never heard that Blondie song before. :thumbsu:

I was coming on here to challenge anyone to X. If anyone can come up with a band starting with X, I'll buy them a drink at the footy (surely my $ is safe here :D)

That's a cool backtrack Shai -never heard that Blondie song before. :thumbsu:

I was coming on here to challenge anyone to X. If anyone can come up with a band starting with X, I'll buy them a drink at the footy (surely my $ is safe here :D)

i will just have the $10 thanks:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back