Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I vote for Bowie as glam ruler of the above (with T Rex a close second ;)).

CG-wish I'd had a cool uncle to smuggle me into gigs. Tried so hard to get into pubs from about 14 onward, sometimes worked, things weren't as strict back then I guess.

Anyway, H has got to be Hendrix. Inspired me to take a few years of guitar lessons early in my teens, in the hope of playing just like Jimi....

Did you get anywhere close to Jimi's guitar playing?

Are you back from overseas JC? Home in time for Christmas?

Did you get anywhere close to Jimi's guitar playing?

Are you back from overseas JC? Home in time for Christmas?
Thought I was a little incarnation of Jimi for a while there. ;)

Nah, I'm still in the UK, it's freezing. Just trying to catch a friend on here while it's your daytime hours. Still plan on being home in time for Xmas.

karen o, what a lady...half polak, half japanese:

cold shower needed. :D jokes.:D

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, great band and she has a great voice, Korean I thought. Check out this cover of Zeppelin's Immigrant Song used for the movie Girl with Dragon Tattoo Karen O singing with Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor, great version, good movie too.

A pivotal moment for me, 1st song I heard of theirs, dedicated to someone whom I love very much and lost -

Edit, I don't always post the best quality vids but like to keep it real and hope that if any1 is interested in the music they will do their own research. Also in regards to the term love, do you stop loving some1 because they are no longer living..?

Last edited:
A pivotal moment for me, 1st song I heard of theirs, dedicated to someone whom I love very much and lost -

Edit, I don't always post the best quality vids but like to keep it real and hope that if any1 is interested in the music they will do their own research. Also in regards to the term love, do you stop loving some1 because they are no longer living..?

Aww, that's beautiful Shai.
There's no way I stopped loving a dear friend when he died, the type of love may have changed, but I still love him today. :hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love chilling out on the weekends/holidays to a bit of acoustic music. Prefer the older stuff, but I guess it's just because I 'know' it.

Was listening to some classic acoustic during a long drive today :thumbsu:;

That rocks Tom, 1 of my fav songs off Harvest.. :)

I was a bit hungover yesterday, so I listened to some nice Jack Johnson acoustic songs. It helped, acoustic music always helps me to relax. :thumbsu:

Cracking up @ hungover, hope it was worth it :p

For me acoustic is always about good friends, good music, laughs, bbq's and sun.. oh & of course, a drink or 6.. :D

Merry Christmas dudes and dudettes. My suggestion for presents ...

View attachment 99285
Thanks for that! 2nd best pressie I've ever received. How was Tom's acoustic special..? NY sounds so good, doesn't need any gimmicks to enhance.. :thumbsu:

Cracking up @ hungover, hope it was worth it :p

For me acoustic is always about good friends, good music, laughs, bbq's and sun.. oh & of course, a drink or 6.. :D
Oh yes, well worth it. Had a girls' night out for my return to Melbourne for Christmas. We went to a bar that had an 80's music special-can you imagine me Shai, I was in my element. :)

You've given me a great idea though. I'm putting some nice acoustic songs together for our Christmas lunch. :thumbsu:

Oh yes, well worth it. Had a girls' night out for my return to Melbourne for Christmas. We went to a bar that had an 80's music special-can you imagine me Shai, I was in my element. :)

You've given me a great idea though. I'm putting some nice acoustic songs together for our Christmas lunch. :thumbsu:
Lucky you, home 4 Christmas :hearts: Woulda loved the girl's night out, wear out the dancing shoes..?

Lucky you, home 4 Christmas :hearts: Woulda loved the girl's night out, wear out the dancing shoes..?
We had such a good night. Remember dancing to Prince, Madonna, even a bit of David Bowie. Probably not the smartest move, but danced with my shoes off for most of the night. Damn heels :drunk:

Anyway, have been getting a few nice acoustic songs together for Christmas day. Hope this counts (my brother's choice);

Edit-not acoustic catgal23 but can you tell me the name of that Ike and Tina Turner song we were talking about the other day? (I seriously thought Nutbush was just about it for them :$)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back