Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG, I just LOVE that song Tom.
The last time I had a girls night out and we discoed it up, they played lots of Kool and the Gang. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeah, I'll look forward to the Julie Bishop celebratory YouTube clips flooding this thread by you lot when Abbott is overthrown. :rolleyes:
Why don't you kick the theme off when it happens SC. :)
I don't give a hoot about politics, but would enjoy seeing some music selections from different posters. :thumbsu:

Can I suggest that you perhaps tone down your persistent left-wing activism just a tad? I'm aware, as many others are too, that you strongly dislike Tony Abbott as well as the LNP in general. Not everyone shares your political views, so perhaps your opinions on such a topic would be best served in the appropriate forum.

Funny how the tea-party brigade get all antsy over a couple of posts. :D

This is the music forum, and it's music to so many ears.

Funny how the tea-party brigade get all antsy over a couple of posts. :D

This is the music forum, and it's music to so many ears.

The tea-party brigade, hey? I don't know who you're referring to, but the last time I checked, I wasn't a member of any American conservative liberalist movement - not least one with Republicans in their back pocket!;)

Such a great song Shai. :)

I'll post a couple of footy related songs in order to keep things non-controversial. Heard both these daggy songs in a shop today and thought of our team immediately.
For our ruckmen, FIT ruckmen!!!-

And I thought of Kelly for this one, although it could fit a few of the older players-

Such a great song Shai. :)

I'll post a couple of footy related songs in order to keep things non-controversial. Heard both these daggy songs in a shop today and thought of our team immediately.
For our ruckmen, FIT ruckmen!!!-

And I thought of Kelly for this one, although it could fit a few of the older players-

Wondering what sorta shop you were in to hear those songs Karen.. <insert curious emoticon>

For our guys -

It was an old-fashioned lolly shop. Couldn't work out if the music was so daggy to fit the style of the shop, or just an accident!!!

I'm going to get all mushy (just for today lol!!!) and post some songs of love. :hearts:
happy-valentines-day.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in a happy place listening to that Slowdive track CG. Just beautiful.

Love songs aren't my forte either, but don't think I can go wrong with some Al Green.......

Or this lil plea from the Ramones.......

Hope you're all having a :hearts: day.

You guys are awesome at this. :thumbsu:

Johncat, the first song you posted is the perfect Valentine's song. I :hearts: it. I hope you're having a great day too.

Another classic Valentine's Song, hot off the press, ie released today. Unashamed fan, but my folks have a history with AR.

Not expecting a rush of likes here, but it is his gift for his wife.

Last edited:
It was an old-fashioned lolly shop. Couldn't work out if the music was so daggy to fit the style of the shop, or just an accident!!!

I'm going to get all mushy (just for today lol!!!) and post some songs of love. :hearts:
happy-valentines-day.gif
Marvin Gaye brings back sweet memories of the Jockey Club in Caulfield, old fashioned lolly shop used to b Darrell Lea, do they even have a shop there any more..?

Keeping in with the :hearts: theme and also an acoustic Sunday on a grey ol' Brissie day -

Gr8 song Vdubs, how bout this 1 by Van..?

Edit - Re: The Turtles song, like it but very Beatles..?

Are you a Van fan?
My daughter is getting married Nov and we're thinking of using his "These Are The Days" for the Bride-Father "waltz".
I could and do listen to his songs day in day out.

Are you a Van fan?
My daughter is getting married Nov and we're thinking of using his "These Are The Days" for the Bride-Father "waltz".
I could and do listen to his songs day in day out.
Yes, I like a lot of his music. Probably should have put this 1 up for V-Day..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back