Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy one for me. Missed AC/DC in 2001, then again in 2010. :(

They are my ultimate measure in the rock scene. Nada else needed, here we go.. When has a band ever been this influential over so many gens

Last edited:
Thanks johncat not really something I would keep tabs on, pop music is not my interest. Can listen to some of it but rock/alternative is more my speed.. :) Only song I know of Iglesias is

sorry shai, this thread crashes my laptop so had to wait til today to explain the eurovision phenomena but johncat beat me to it and explained it.

i would not even say it is pop music, i just dont think it can be classified as anything other than cheese.:D

A concert I really regret not going to was Bruce Springsteen last year. A friend and I were set to buy tickets, then forgot about it and it was too late. :(
Was a great show apparently. (loved this clip since it 1st came out :hearts:)-

sorry shai, this thread crashes my laptop so had to wait til today to explain the eurovision phenomena but johncat beat me to it and explained it.

i would not even say it is pop music, i just dont think it can be classified as anything other than cheese.:D
As it happens I quite like cheese but not when it's masquerading as music.. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great topic.
Pink Floyd.
The Doors.
The Stones.
The Beatles......................etc
The older one is, the more has been missed.
You tube is phenomenal.

I could fill so many pages with bands I would love to have seen; perhaps a fairer point might be performers etc we actually have seen live.

Last edited:
Stones, where do you stop?

Ballads, Rock, Blues, they cover the lot, and apparently great live performances most times. Would still love to see them now even as grandpas!

My friend was all set to see the Stones last year, but they cancelled (maybe twice) in Melbourne. She was devastated, they're her favourite band by a long way. :(

When I was really young, I saw Kiss live. Was quite a show from what I remember.

Another concert that I enjoyed a lot despite not liking the band too much beforehand was Crowded House. They were great live-

Usually don't go for stadium type gigs, like the intimate feel of smaller venues, but saw Radiohead at Rod Laver arena a couple of years back. They were outstanding...

Creep! If they come back I'll b sure to make an effort to get to their concert.. always liked the pub gigs myself :)

Drove to Ararat with my right leg in a cast to see these guys, wild trip -

Seen these guys slightly more recently :p @ Suncorp -

Creep! If they come back I'll b sure to make an effort to get to their concert.. always liked the pub gigs myself :)

Drove to Ararat with my right leg in a cast to see these guys, wild trip -

Seen these guys slightly more recently :p @ Suncorp -

Good effort driving with a cast on- hope there were no random stops by the flashing blue lights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back