Status
Not open for further replies.

Belltower

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
What gets me about this whole debate is the people who hate him wanted him out of the side last year or delisted. That was just ridiculous. Of course he has deficiencies and he still has a lot of those, but I feel he is more effective because the players around him have improved and we actually have people running past to get the handballs and also other players helping him in the contested part of the game. I have always said his best games are when he has 1:3 ratio kicks to handballs. He is not banging the ball on the boot as often but that is partly because our game style has changed anyway.

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
From now on please no more qualifying every statement with "we know he has his deficiencies.. but"... this guy is an out and out superstar. It was unfarkenbelievable the s**t lobbed on him when he was picking up 30+ possessions week in week out while playing in a crap midfield. He's the best contested ball winner in the AFL, phenomenally strong tackler, brilliant reader of the play and his disposal anywhere within 35m is elite.

Last edited:

Pottering

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Redlegs), Hiroshima Carp
Nah pottering only responds when priddis has had a big performance and doesn't **** up anything.
Then he gets on his soap box.

That would mean I'd post after virtually every game, wouldn't it? It must gall peole like you that he continues to play so well, people like you who moaned that we'd never truly know whether Priddis or McGinnity was the better inside mid because McGinnity never got the opportunity to show his wares which you thought were superior to Matt's!

We can probably close this thread right? Everybody on all sides is agreeing he's having a better year, it's an embarrassment to the board and at this point it's pretty much a select group going back and forth at each other rather than even discussing Priddis.

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
That would mean I'd post after virtually every game, wouldn't it? It must gall peole like you that he continues to play so well, people like you who moaned that we'd never truly know whether Priddis or McGinnity was the better inside mid because McGinnity never got the opportunity to show his wares which you thought were superior to Matt's!
Think you got the wrong guy there champ.
My comments about mcginnity were only in jest.
But I forgive your bad memory.

Edit: priddis does not play like a champion every game. You're a fool to even suggest that. He's playing g better but that's a bit silly even for you.

Last edited:
Err, no they weren't in jest.

If I lined up ALL the players who have played 50 or more games for the Eagles I would pick McGinnity ahead of Priddis. The reason I would is McGinnity has pace and can at least compete in a few positions and not become a witches hat like Priddis.

Yep. I'd pick mcginnity over priddis every day of the week.
At least he has pace and can play as a tagger keeping up with his man or play forward or back. Simpson played him forward last year. His tackling pressure harassing 2 and three people constantly was great. And he kicked that goal.
Priddis on the other hand gets treated like a witches hat unless they are standing next to him in congestion and receive the ball.

I dislike priddis. I'd rather put.....anyone in there. Even mcginnity.

Mcginnity >priddis.......he can run

So you think...you don't know my thoughts whilst posting.
You aren't the lord himself fivey. Was waiting for you lol
Flattered you took the time though. Thanks

"Anything I said that is now inconsistent with my current view, I was speaking in jest and you can't prove otherwise". That's pretty watertight.

Considering you were accusing other posters including myself of trolling at the same time you made two of those posts, and they weren't said at the time to be in jest, I can only assume that either your posts were not in jest, in which case you're now talking out of your hat, or that you were yourself trolling while asking for others to be banned from trolling, which I would take an extremely dim view of.

So which was it?

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
"Anything I said that is now inconsistent with my current view, I was speaking in jest and you can't prove otherwise". That's pretty watertight.

Considering you were accusing other posters including myself of trolling at the same time you made two of those posts, and they weren't said at the time to be in jest, I can only assume that either your posts were not in jest, in which case you're now talking out of your hat, or that you were yourself trolling while asking for others to be banned from trolling, which I would take an extremely dim view of.

So which was it?

My views haven't changed fivey and while I accept priddis' disposal is better this year. He still has flaws in his game that haven't been changed including his lack of pace.
I'm happy to have him in the team while his disposal is better though and I've said that on numerous occasions.
As to the rest I didn't think having a bit of fun is considered trolling. If that's the case then ban me and the entire board.
Either way I'm not playing your game again. I've got work to do.

My views haven't changed fivey and while I accept priddis' disposal is better this year. He still has flaws in his game that haven't been changed including his lack of pace.
I'm happy to have him in the team while his disposal is better though and I've said that on numerous occasions.
As to the rest I didn't think having a bit of fun is considered trolling. If that's the case then ban me and the entire board.
Either way I'm not playing your game again. I've got work to do.

We were talking about your statements that McGinnity > Priddis which you now say were in jest, though the context didnt suggest that at all.

Either they were in jest, or they weren't. If they were then you were trolling, plain and simple. If they weren't then you owe Pottering an apology for criticising his poor memory when in fact he had it right.

It's a simple one or the other, it's not a game.

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
We were talking about your statements that McGinnity > Priddis which you now say were in jest, though the context didnt suggest that at all.

Either they were in jest, or they weren't. If they were then you were trolling, plain and simple. If they weren't then you owe Pottering an apology for criticising his poor memory when in fact he had it right.

I'm not a troll fivey. You know that.
I wasn't trolling.
Lots of other posters have made comments in a joking manner and in sarcasm. If you get banned for that then whatever.
My post count suggests to you I'm not a troll but I guess you've been wanting to ban me for a while so if my comments are construed as trolling you've got your excuse.
I remember someone asking me at the time if I was serious and someone replied I was wasn't which I liked and didn't think I needed to answer.
Just remember to go through everybody's posts and interpret any jokes or sarcastic comments as trolls and ban them as well.
Won't be many people here I suggest. You've let go some people who have even admitted they were trolling iirc.

I don't owe anyone an apology. I have t done anything wrong lol.

And this forum is a game. It's not real life. It's a place where people come to discuss their football passion. Maybe you should remember that and not take it so seriously lol.

Pottering

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Think you got the wrong guy there champ.
My comments about mcginnity were only in jest.
But I forgive your bad memory.

Edit: priddis does not play like a champion every game. You're a fool to even suggest that. He's playing g better but that's a bit silly even for you.

Good to know that everything you have written can now be assumed to have been in jest (was the only logical explanation anyway).

I'm not a troll fivey. You know that.
I wasn't trolling.
Lots of other posters have made comments in a joking manner and in sarcasm. If you get banned for that then whatever.
My post count suggests to you I'm not a troll but I guess you've been wanting to ban me for a while so if my comments are construed as trolling you've got your excuse.
I remember someone asking me at the time if I was serious and someone replied I was wasn't which I liked and didn't think I needed to answer.
Just remember to go through everybody's posts and interpret any jokes or sarcastic comments as trolls and ban them as well.
Won't be many people here I suggest. You've let go some people who have even admitted they were trolling iirc.

I don't owe anyone an apology. I have t done anything wrong lol.

And this forum is a game. It's not real life. It's a place where people come to discuss their football passion. Maybe you should remember that and not take it so seriously lol.

Dribble with no answer to a simple A or B question.

Think you time in this thread is up. Probably a blessing in disguise really.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
From now on please no more qualifying every statement with "we know he has his deficiencies.. but"... this guy is an out and out superstar. It was unfarkenbelievable the s**t lobbed on him when he was picking up 30+ possessions week in week out while playing in a crap midfield. He's the best contested ball winner in the AFL, phenomenally strong tackler, brilliant reader of the play and his disposal anywhere within 35m is elite.
But he still has his deficiencies....you can't just pretend he's the perfect player because he's not.

But he still has his deficiencies....you can't just pretend he's the perfect player because he's not.
Wasn't my post but I'll chime in, that's completely fair, he's clearly not the perfect player, but few if any are. Difference comes in that most players don't have a however many thousand post thread about them and debating their merits in a team they're realistically never going to be benched from. Just think it's time we let this one fade away into the history of the Eagles board, like so many Alphy or Mod Monday threads before them.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't my post but I'll chime in, that's completely fair, he's clearly not the perfect player, but few if any are. Difference comes in that most players don't have a however many thousand post thread about them and debating their merits in a team they're realistically never going to be benched from. Just think it's time we let this one fade away into the history of the Eagles board, like so many Alphy or Mod Monday threads before them.
Yeh you're probably right, his play this season has been great, not much to talk about at the moment other than arguing over petty things (and not excluding myself from this). I wouldn't close it though, he's been such a polarising player over the years and if there's one thing this thread shows it's that we're all passionate about our team, no matter what side of the fence we sit on.

Pottering

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Was never realistically going to get an apology from Smotie, his suspension won't alter that. His claim that McGinnity was better than Priddis could be taken as a joke only if it was a one off comment , ie "Cripps should replace Naitanui as our No 1 ruckman" or "Never let Hurn do the kick ins, LeCras should run all the way down the ground to kick in after behinds". It met the joke standard of being ludicrous, but unfortunately Smotie promoted his case that McGinnity should be considered ahead of Priddis on multiple occasions, that was the giveaway his comment was serious. The specific example I was referring to wasn't one of the ones you posted as evidence, there may well be dozens of them!

It was amusing to see him initially try and tough things out when you caught him red-handed, "Was waiting for you lol", "flattered you took the time", "I'm not playing your game again I've got work to do", before literally begging for mercy, "this forum's a game, it's not real life, it's a place were people come to dscuss their football passion, maybe you should remember that and not take things so seriously lol", "I haven't done anything wrong lol".

Regardless of what your opinion is of Priddis or anybody else there's no place for people like Smotie who abuse the opportunity these forums present by posting nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back