The never ending Priddis debate - part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some great stats here from Priddis, Schoey and JK.

One percenters:
Will Schofield (115) AFL rank (10th): He has stood tall in defence in the face of a huge injury toll. Schofield is the number one spoiler at West Coast and one of the best in the competition this season.

Tackles: Matt Priddis (139) AFL rank (first): If he is not finding the football at stoppages or in contested situations then the Brownlow Medallist is the first to tackle the ball carrier and hold them up.

Contested possessions: Matt Priddis (284) AFL rank (4th): His hands in close and his strength to absorb a tackle and release a handball is the reason why he is one of the best midfielders in the AFL.

Score involvements (ave. per game): Josh Kennedy (8.9) AFL rank (first): He leads the Coleman medal race comfortably but he is also very unselfish and brings other forwards into the game.

Score assists (total): Matt Priddis (32) AFL rank (first): There's not too much Priddis can't do. He has been knocked for the quality of his ball use in the past but the score assist numbers tell you he is very effective with ball in hand. - Alex Malcolm

- See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-19/team-first-gems#sthash.xs28dym2.dpuf
Maybe I wasnt so crazy just having him ahead of judd cousins kerr for the way our game is played today , copped heaps from domo + smotie and some others

Last edited:
So he is number 1 in the league for score assists etc . And I was mocked for having him ahead of judd cousins and kerr . I did

Maybe I wasnt so crazy just having him ahead of judd cousins kerr for the way our game is played today , copped heaps from domo + smotie and some others
Those stats show just how important he is to this team. The one that surprises and impresses me the most is number one in the AFL for score assists. It demonstrates just how far he's come this season to become someone other teams have to worry about when they play us. This could never have been said in the past.

Yes, you were.

remember and quote and those fab stats you want.. and gush them out . *vommit... Me, I'd rather remember the MANY MANY great marks, gut running passages of play, blindingly skilled goals players of the ilk of judd cousins kerr perform - and use that as the measure of the true guns of our club and game.

"ooo remember when matt priddis... took that massive ... oh .... . ummm .. AND he .. oh err... oh okay yeah.. ... umm I know STATS!! "

remember and quote and those fab stats you want.. and gush them out . *vommit... Me, I'd rather remember the MANY MANY great marks, gut running passages of play, blindingly skilled goals players of the ilk of judd cousins kerr perform - and use that as the measure of the true guns of our club and game.

"ooo remember when matt priddis... took that massive ... oh .... . ummm .. AND he .. oh err... oh okay yeah.. ... umm I know STATS!! "
so you prefer 1 gut running goal involvement to an entire season where you lead the entire comp in goal assists and tackles . Thats good for you . Keep enjoying your memories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone can run and bounce and kick there was no one on him . Some slow bloke chasing not exactly great skill

haha okay.. Daniel Kerr did this and 100 x more both "inside and out" consistently over his whole career. It only won "goal of the year" which according to your take on football - awards, stats and counting .."the best" or "top of" or "number one" is all that matters.
Anyone can do that right? so how many times u seen priddis do anything even remotely the same his whole career... you don't even need one finger to count it.

Last edited:
And that makes him better than Judd, Cousins and Kerr?
How did you get that out of my post?
Just putting it out there that I think he will have a best a field game.

FWIW he's probally had more BOG's than any of them as they had to share them around more than Priddis.

haha okay.. Daniel Kerr did this and 100 x more both "inside and out" consistently over his whole career. It only won "goal of the year" which according to your take on football - awards, stats and counting .."the best" or "top of" or "number one" is all that matters.
Anyone can do that right? so how many times u seen priddis do anything even remotely the same his whole career... you don't even need one finger to count it.
umm no he didnt . Daniels best years in 2005 . 06 he had 100 clearances both those years every other year he is around 30 . Matt has had 100 - 150 clearances 8 of 9 years

Consistency mate ,

2007 when kerr and judd played and matt first year guess who had more clearances . Matt Priddis . Guess who has dominated clearances for the last 9 years Matt Priddis . Just go to the statistics page . It might refresh your memories

Last edited:

Ashley Sampi to go down as one of the Eagles all time greats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back