The never ending Priddis debate - part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_neocenicwe1r8sbjv.gif
11361864.gif

Well then what is the point of this thread? Priddis won the Brownlow so just deal with it all you nasty people! Nothing that we say on here is going to change that. He is finally being recognised by the rest of the competition.
Somebody is yet to answer my question .

Why is it hate to highlight deficiencies in our club and in our players?

Nobody here is likely to know priddis personally so to mention hate is ridiculous. I don't hate him as I don't know him.

I comment on his football ability and many pro priddis posters actually agree with the shortcomings in his his game.

Why is it hate?
seems like this thread will only end with his retirement. i guess until then haters will always hate.

Somebody is yet to answer my question .

Why is it hate to highlight deficiencies in our club and in our players?

Nobody here is likely to know priddis personally so to mention hate is ridiculous. I don't hate him as I don't know him.

I comment on his football ability and many pro priddis posters actually agree with the shortcomings in his his game.

Why is it hate?
Wow somebody is getting ANGRY calm down, calm down, calm down!

Wow somebody is getting ANGRY calm down, calm down, calm down!

Usually someone uses caps when yelling which indicate anger. Or conversely they will use emoticons like this ":mad:" But then it's not always anger as it could be sarcasm or humour.

You assuming anger on my part suggests an over sensitive personality.

Well then what is the point of this thread? Priddis won the Brownlow so just deal with it all you nasty people! Nothing that we say on here is going to change that. He is finally being recognised by the rest of the competition.

He also failed to make the All Australian team and only managed to finish 7th in the AFL coaches award. We know the problems with the Brownlow and how he might have benefited from playing a very discrete role front and center the umpires for longer periods than others.

So while you can be positive about Priddis, you haven't really added anything to this discussion.

He also failed to make the All Australian team and only managed to finish 7th in the AFL coaches award. We know the problems with the Brownlow and how he might have benefited from playing a very discrete role front and center the umpires for longer periods than others.

So while you can be positive about Priddis, you haven't really added anything to this discussion.
I know mate because there is just nothing to add to this discussion.

I'd say if he was considered the 7th best player in the AFL by the coaches, it still makes him a damn good player.
FWIW I rate their opinion far higher than the umps.

all-australian is a popularity contest. some guys get in even if they have half a decent season and get in on back of what they did in seasons before. as if all austrlaian selection panel watch every game. they get influenced by what they read and general commentary. however its clear THEY are the ones who made the mistake this year.

i am sorry but no shame in finishing 7th in coaches award. that in itself really warrants an all australian selection. i am not sure why finishing 7th is proof of incompetence....anyway....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched that Collingwood round 10 game again this morning (well up until 3qtr time anyway, i couldn't bear to watch us crumble and pendlebury win the game for them) and Yeo was very impressive in the guts, likewise Sharrod believe it or not, both had lots of mongrel about them.

Matt's game was overrated, if the commentary team wasn't constantly saying "who is on Priddis who is on Priddis" then you wouldn't have even noticed him being a dominant player. No team lifting things, no special moments of magic or hard ball gets to set up a score. His 2 goals were from set shots, one being gifted to him on a plate after a high fend off from Witts and then a 50m penalty because Grundy ran through the mark. Some of his defensive work, particularly a couple opportunities to put in a simple spoil in marking contests cost us dearly.

I give credit to Matt for being his consistent self and racking up as many touches as he did, to go along with his 2 goals, but he is still a very limited player and we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot if he spends the most amount of minutes in the guts yet again next season. It would be like playing Mcginnity over Cavka for instance.

I give credit to Matt for being his consistent self and racking up as many touches as he did, to go along with his 2 goals, but he is still a very limited player and we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot if he spends the most amount of minutes in the guts yet again next season. It would be like playing Mcginnity over Cavka for instance.
But Mcginnity tries hard and is a really nice guy, why wouldn't we play him??

all-australian is a popularity contest. some guys get in even if they have half a decent season and get in on back of what they did in seasons before. as if all austrlaian selection panel watch every game. they get influenced by what they read and general commentary. however its clear THEY are the ones who made the mistake this year.

i am sorry but no shame in finishing 7th in coaches award. that in itself really warrants an all australian selection. i am not sure why finishing 7th is proof of incompetence....anyway....

Sorry but different people have different perspectives and insights. You can debase the selectors all you want, hell i'd even agree with you to an extent. But the umpires are know for being as slow when it comes to the uptake of actual form in their voting habits as much if not more than the All Australian selectors.

If you're building a best 22 then Priddis is always going to be on the outer, his games too limited to ever challenge the games elite midfielders. He's not going to smash opponents on a minute by minute basis in the guts, and he doesn't offer anywhere near as much as others in way of uncontested work ect...

Even in what was a standout season as far as his career goes. Priddis didn't make the All Australian team and there are justifiable reasons why he didn't. The argument that he beat them in the Brownlow or Coaches awards isn't anything resembling a sound argument.

Incompetence is your own word, but he's certainly deficient in key areas when measured against the games best players. That really isn't something in dispute.

I'd say if he was considered the 7th best player in the AFL by the coaches, it still makes him a damn good player.
FWIW I rate their opinion far higher than the umps.

And Robbie Gray finished something like equal seventeenth in the Brownlow after winning the coaches award. Which is an incredible turn around.

Priddis also didn't finish top ten in the AFL MVP award either...

Watched that Collingwood round 10 game again this morning (well up until 3qtr time anyway, i couldn't bear to watch us crumble and pendlebury win the game for them) and Yeo was very impressive in the guts, likewise Sharrod believe it or not, both had lots of mongrel about them.

Matt's game was overrated, if the commentary team wasn't constantly saying "who is on Priddis who is on Priddis" then you wouldn't have even noticed him being a dominant player.

Have to disagree. I was at the game so wasn't subject to the commentary, and noticed at the time that not only was he getting the ball even more than usual but he was actually disposing of it creatively.

Now if he could only do that on a more consistent basis we wouldn't even have this carnival freakshow of a thread

seems like this thread will only end with his retirement. i guess until then haters will always hate.

Another way this thread could end is for him to have five or six games off and our midfield to either grow and take games on as the antis think

Or never get the ball as the pros think.

Then when he came back the midfield would either improve as we missed him or get worse as he's a spud etc etc

Be pretty telling imho

Have to disagree. I was at the game so wasn't subject to the commentary, and noticed at the time that not only was he getting the ball even more than usual but he was actually disposing of it creatively.

Now if he could only do that on a more consistent basis we wouldn't even have this carnival freakshow of a thread

Hardly. Watch it again now and you'd see no shortage of skyballs. He did however put one good 20m pass into a leading Kennedy which deserves to be noted. As for being a standout.. Well shuey was copping a Macaffer tag, Masten spent periods on the bench with injury, and Selwood was underdone. Yeo and Wellingham were the standouts from limited midfield minutes in my eyes.

I rated his follow up game against the crows, where he had less of the ball, higher in terms of meaningful/efficient disposals. Was a good game from him.

Do you have anything relevant to add to the discussion other than some rambling story about you and your Collingwood mate and your undying love for Priddis? You know like some in depth analysis of the type you suggested to someone in the other thread?

Any chance to call out the nuff nuffs on this board who continually bag out Priddis who claim we would be a better side with him gone I'll take. You guys simply have no idea about football. The guy himself knows his weaknesses and has continued to work his butt off to improve himself and he has.

Club best and fairest and now a Brownlow winner, how much more 'in depth analysis' do you need to realise to bloke can play? Comments from coaches, opposition players and media experts back that up as well. All of which continue to make the Priddis haters on this board look like fools.

He's an inside mid who's role it is to do the grunt work in close. Yes earlier in his career his kicking was poor and he made more poor decisions but he worked on that and improved both. He isn't the first good player who needed to work on aspects of his game to reach AFL standards.

As for 'undying love' I'd describe it as respect. Again something the Priddis haters have no idea about.

In all fairness, he did make the 40 man squad which equates to the top 5% of players in the AFL.

Any chance to call out the nuff nuffs on this board who continually bag out Priddis who claim we would be a better side with him gone I'll take. You guys simply have no idea about football. The guy himself knows his weaknesses and has continued to work his butt off to improve himself and he has.

Club best and fairest and now a Brownlow winner, how much more 'in depth analysis' do you need to realise to bloke can play? Comments from coaches, opposition players and media experts back that up as well. All of which continue to make the Priddis haters on this board look like fools.

He's an inside mid who's role it is to do the grunt work in close. Yes earlier in his career his kicking was poor and he made more poor decisions but he worked on that and improved both. He isn't the first good player who needed to work on aspects of his game to reach AFL standards.

As for 'undying love' I'd describe it as respect. Again something the Priddis haters have no idea about.

Christ almighty - talk about seeing what you want to see

I post up multiple videos showing that he a) has terrible terrible disposal and b) is rarely involved in scoring chains

You post up waffle saying he has improved his disposal

So many of the games I did he had four or five useful disposals

So what's he improved from - one?

Your post needs to be deleted as it is emotional fan based drivel not based in any facts at all.
I doubt you even watch him play. You may not even watch the eagles games altogether as your comments are so lacking in any evidence of reality its not funny.
You clearly don't read any of the arguments put forward or watch any of the evidence posted including the funny likening to jar jar binks in this thread.

Have a nice Christmas. Oh are you getting an I love Matt t shirt for Chrissy?

So he had a decent game against a s**t side that finished below us on the ladder that we couldn't even FTB. He wasn't being tagged and any other top mid would have tore collingwood a new one.

His impact on the game was less for three quarters than pendleburys was in one quarter. He never stands up in games we need to win like the essendon game which would have got us in the finals.

But keep the love flowing by all means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back