Random The new and improved random chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flicked to the baseball. **** me dead, how do people stay entertained during a game. Boring as bat s**t.

Either we support one of the teams playing and/or understand the ins and outs of baseball. Bit like the differences in Cricket between batting and bowling and then the 3 forms of the game

Either we support one of the teams playing and/or understand the ins and outs of baseball. Bit like the differences in Cricket between batting and bowling and then the 3 forms of the game
That's the thing that confuses me. I can sit through a five day test match and be completely engaged. Yet the slowness and stop start nature of baseball just doesn't get me in.

Just flicked to the baseball. **** me dead, how do people stay entertained during a game. Boring as bat s**t.

I love baseball, actually there's not many sports at all that I don't like but the key to me is participation. You say you can watch a 5 day test, I love cricket too but I couldn't sit down and watch a whole day of that slow boring stuff let alone 5 days of it especially in the middle of summer so many fun things to do I couldn't think of a worse punishment. Don't get me wrong, 100000 people sitting there on a 30 degree boxing day says youre not alone.. Baseball is the same as is golf etc, fun to play but I am confused as to why anyone could sit there and watch others do it? I shake my head sometimes when I see crowds at these events, each to their own I guess.

Now Yoga, there's a spectators sport!

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023215066_mudslidemondayxml.html
After:
2023217614.jpg

Before:
mudslide-ai2html_720.jpg

Such sad news coming out of Washington State, 8 dead and 108 missing in a massive Mud Slide North of Seattle. Having driven around Arlington it hits home back in 2011 and my brother being there only a week ago. Beautiful place of the world and great people, much like the rest of the State.

Thoughts go out to the families of those effected

Should've been sacked when it originally happened.

Makes the people complaining about Horse getting a two year extension seem a bit precious. "Oh we were so s**t in 2013, no way he should have been given more time". "Oh Hird can do no wrong, it was all Dank, #standbyhird #twomoreyears"

Hey any coach the causes his President to have a mental breakdown though his own doing should be sacked, but this is James Hird we are talking about.....

....koolaid anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Hird and Tanya sound like the only staunch and honourable people in this whole saga.
Really? From all accounts, Hird knew they were pushing boundaries and had been warned they were getting into dangerous territory. Now he turns around and says hey, not my fault. * that.

Really? From all accounts, Hird knew they were pushing boundaries and had been warned they were getting into dangerous territory. Now he turns around and says hey, not my fault. **** that.

He has been thrown under the bus they were all in on it, he trusted his advisors and assistants he hasent given anybody up except Vlad no coincidence that he retired.

Really? From all accounts, Hird knew they were pushing boundaries and had been warned they were getting into dangerous territory. Now he turns around and says hey, not my fault. **** that.

I just can't believe that he still won't accept responsibility for the whole thing, even if they did nothing wrong according to the letter of the law, it's not what footy's about.

I actually love James Hird.

I love that he has single handedly sunk Essendon Football club into it's darkest time in it's rich history.

Just grab an endless glass of red, sit back in a comfy chair & watch this club eat it's own.

Ahhh! Satisfaction!

I actually love James Hird.

I love that he has single handedly sunk Essendon Football club into it's darkest time in it's rich history.

Just grab an endless glass of red, sit back in a comfy chair & watch this club eat it's own.

Ahhh! Satisfaction!
lol

Hird was a coach nothing more, he didn't request this cutting edge program one that pushed the boundaries. The club appoints medicos, trainers etc.. AFL is so far behind the world in sports science pushing the boundaries so to speak and that's not such a bad thing I might add but nothing suggests anything illegal. Who endorsed and signed off on this program?
So many people should have faced penalties before Hird and way more severe than he copped. The AFL tried to cover it up when Hird tried to be open about it that's where Tanyas angst comes from sticking up for her husband. I don't think it was blatant cheating, Hird was just the coach Im not saying he didn't know anything just that he would have been informed by higher ups at the club that it was ok and believed it was above board albeit a little strange. That's were the scapegoat tag comes into it.

Posters are arguing about how it has been handled since and judging him on that. Im sure if he had his time again he would handle it better but lets not forget hes not to blame for the whole thing but has been penalized as such.
I look forward to reading his book after his coaching era.

Hird was a coach nothing more, he didn't request this cutting edge program one that pushed the boundaries. The club appoints medicos, trainers etc.. AFL is so far behind the world in sports science pushing the boundaries so to speak and that's not such a bad thing I might add but nothing suggests anything illegal. Who endorsed and signed off on this program?
So many people should have faced penalties before Hird and way more severe than he copped. The AFL tried to cover it up when Hird tried to be open about it that's where Tanyas angst comes from sticking up for her husband. I don't think it was blatant cheating, Hird was just the coach Im not saying he didn't know anything just that he would have been informed by higher ups at the club that it was ok and believed it was above board albeit a little strange. That's were the scapegoat tag comes into it.

Posters are arguing about how it has been handled since and judging him on that. Im sure if he had his time again he would handle it better but lets not forget hes not to blame for the whole thing but has been penalized as such.
I look forward to reading his book after his coaching era.

Good, thoughtful post and well argued. I know it's not always clear where a coach's responsibility ends and that of the medical staff begins, I personally think there was enough evidence to suggest that Hird knew they were pushing the boundaries (based on the text messages alleged to have been exchanged between himself and Dank) even though he might not have known specifics, but I like you would love to hear his side of the story after all this is over. As some others said not getting closure frustrates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.