FTA-TV The Newsroom

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a very hard show to get into imo but gets better each episode.
Im guessing the finale will be the 911 anniversary ep they keep talking about. should be interesting.

After the high drama of the last ep the first election night ep I found to be very funny. Beautiful lines delivered with pathos that I found myself laughing a lot. If only all TV show were this well written and acted.

The last two episodes have been pretty good but I still cringed at Charlie's speech about how US elections are the envy of the world.

The last two episodes have been pretty good but I still cringed at Charlie's speech about how US elections are the envy of the world.

Seems silly to us living in a democracy but for some of the world it probably rings true. Either way I can guarantee that our elections were not the envy of the world :p

I've enjoyed this season a lot more than the first. I think partially because I've adjusted my expectations, but also because the characters have improved.

The chick playing Sloane is definitely the breakout star. Don is much better now he's not dating Maggie. Sam Waterson, Jeff Daniels and Jane Fonda are great fun.

The plots and dialogue really let down the resumes of everyone involved, but meh. I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

Yeah, I think they've definitely improved the characters.

Don in particular has gone from my least favourite (except Maggie) to most favourite character. They've really changed how they've positioned character. He's no longer the arrogant villain with his own agenda but now a wise-cracking and credible team player.

Neal is less of a cartoon character.
Mac is not so much a bumbling neurotic.
Maggie is more palatable.
Sloan actually has relevant input now.

The biggest problem of season one was the romance aspect that was cringeworthy. Fortunately, that's had minimal screen time in season 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah the return to the silly romantic sub-plots and the preachiness was a disappointment . Overall an excellent season and much improved on the first season. I can forgive the finale for it's flaws because the rest of the season was so good.

It's always had romantic sub-plots and has been preachy from the very first scene of the first episode. I actually enjoyed the finale and I thought it wrapped up some of those romantic storylines quite well. Maybe I'm just a sucker for someone professing their undying love for someone else ...

It's always had romantic sub-plots and has been preachy from the very first scene of the first episode. I actually enjoyed the finale and I thought it wrapped up some of those romantic storylines quite well. Maybe I'm just a sucker for someone professing their undying love for someone else ...
I do think they toned it down this season which made it better. I thought the ending looked like they were wrapping up some loose ends in case the show didn't get a third season. Maybe that means if they do get a third season those issues have been dealt with too and we don't have to go back there. But like I said the finale didn't diminish from the overall brilliance of the second season. It just made it fizzle a bit, rather than going out with a bang.

I've enjoyed this season a lot more than the first. I think partially because I've adjusted my expectations, but also because the characters have improved.

The chick playing Sloane is definitely the breakout star. Don is much better now he's not dating Maggie. Sam Waterson, Jeff Daniels and Jane Fonda are great fun.

The plots and dialogue really let down the resumes of everyone involved, but meh. I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

Agree with this
I just can't stand maggie and I find Mac a bit annoying
the Genoa story line, the africa story line and the election night run of episodes was very very good

I must admit though that aspects of the stories have appeared in
- sports night
- west wing
- studio 60

Remove this Banner Ad

Back