The Next Big Thing - Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

I can honestly say after seeing him in every senior game he has ever player, either did I!

F#*k me if that was an optical illusion or something because #lolnorf are slow but WOW!
And didn't he do a knee in his last season at tac level.May of slowed him down in his first year at AFL level but jeepers he can move. Easily could be a full time mid but I like him where he is, 50 goals a season will do

And didn't he do a knee in his last season at tac level.May of slowed him down in his first year at AFL level but jeepers he can move. Easily could be a full time mid but I like him where he is, 50 goals a season will do

Nah he snapped his leg really badly. Was a big chance to go number 1 had it not happened. There is a photo somewhere. Yeh he was saying until late last year he still couldn't jump because of it. His running gait is still affected by it. I knew he was quick, strong, agile and smart, but never seen him move that fast.

Still in shock!

Not a knee. Literally snapped his leg in half :-O. Was considered a #1 pick prior to his injury.

The thing that is stopping Jake from being a permanent mid is that his tank isn't up to (nor do I think he will ever be elite in this regard) as well as his see ball get ball mentality that stops him from being overly aware of his opponent. Every thing else he does phenominally well. He takes massive risks and more often than not it ends up being a goal. Speed, Power, marking, skills, reading of the game, kicking goals are all elite.

He's more talented than Bontempelli and that's saying something.

He's on the cusp of being the youngest WB all australian since Ted Whitten in 1954. He's incredibly special.

He has to be a permanent forward (with the ability to be a chop out option in the middle). His firepower and goal nous is irreplaceable.

5AdCu07.jpg

Why do you post this? Everyone already knows and broken legs aren't pleasant to look at.
I didn't know he'd done that. ******* brutal photo

Good on the lad coming back from that. Super glad he's doing well

Ok, well he actually rebroke the leg on his way back I heard which put even more doubt over where he would go in the draft. If he hadn't of broke his leg he would of gone 1 or 2, so dogs fans should probably be thankful that he did in a screwed up kinda way. The big thing is he has fixed his running gait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That run through the centre was awesome. It had Ablett Snr, Akermanis, Judd written all over it.
That speed coupled with his ability to always fend off and give the 'don't argue' make him an unstoppable force.
He has the same build as Ablett Snr with the narrow shoulders and wide hips.

He is as exciting a kid as you will find. Ablett is in the Goat discussion. From exciting to goat is a long long road.

I don't think anyone in their right mind claims he is as good or will be as good as GAS, merely stating, that at this stage in Stringers career his attributes and talent have parellels to GAS. I can't think of a single player since Ablett retired who comes close to Stringer in resembling Ablett's unique repertoire.

His speed, power and height makes him an impossible match up in the forward line. He will literally tear teams apart for the next decade, yep reminds me of Gaz Snr, nobody in the Comp plays like him.

This is the sort of player that defensive coaches/head coaches will lose sleep over, saw first hand what he did to us at Etihad earlier in the year.. There was nothing we could do, when he's on you can't stop him. His burst from the centre against North.. He made them look like witches hats, will probably improve about 30% as well.

Stringer + 30% improvement = best player in the competition by the age of 24.

View attachment 168132

Yep, narrow shoulders.......
Are you saying those aren't narrow shoulders? He's got muscles but those are narrow for sure. Pretty unusual looking actually. I didn't realise that Gaz Snr also had narrow shoulders until rw&b brought it up.

Funny that we're actually talking about narrow shoulders as a positive since it's normally the other way around.

Are you saying those aren't narrow shoulders? He's got muscles but those are narrow for sure. Pretty unusual looking actually. I didn't realise that Gaz Snr also had narrow shoulders until rw&b brought it up.

Funny that we're actually talking about narrow shoulders as a positive since it's normally the other way around.
See Justin Westhoff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back