Roast The Melbourne Board NAPALM thread (hosted by Topkent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Again. I fully understand why Blease isn't getting picked. I fully understand what they are trying to do (ie turn him into a defensive player and wreck any sort of flair he might have until we are 10 goals down in the 3rd qtr). I just disagree with the need for it and I don't think he is doing it any worse than anyone else.

Also again. If turnovers and decision making was truly a factor in getting a game, half our list would be getting dropped every week. Grimes would be playing for Elsternwick. You can't pick and choose who the rules apply to, which is what I feel like they are doing. I'm not gonna say it again though, so carry on. We are just going to have to disagree. I would like to see him play because he wont do any worse to the team than a few of the players getting games now, and who knows, he might add something that we lack. But you guys clearly disagree, which is fine with me
Hey we had to drive around in the morning to round up enough guys to field a team haha . The good old days :cool:

I gave you more than one, but you only quoted this.

Do supporters not understand what they hear, or they're just not paying attention ? Roos, Allison, etc. have made it painfully clear that players currently running around at Casey have to make themselves "eligible" for senior selection. And they do this by their actions and adhering to team rules and performing the way they're instructed. Now this isn't a surprise to the players. It's made clear to them in their one on ones during the week what they're not doing well enough. When they put their hand up and perform the way they're told they then become eligible to be selected.

Blease and co know what they're not doing to a satisfactory level and it's up to them to make the necessary changes. So while you and others bleat about their non inclusion, they're fully cognisant of what they're not doing and what needs to change. They need to position themselves properly at stoppages and when the ball is in transition, they have to concentrate for 120 minutes, which means not losing their opponent when we don't have the ball and move the ball the way they've been instructed when we do. It doesn't mean doing this for a quarter, or a half, it means doing it for 120 minutes.

You're right to say that players in the senior team are also failing to deliver on these aspects, but I don't want players promoted to senior level when they're clearly not doing what's required at Casey. If they're not doing it at Casey what hope have they of doing it at AFL level ?

It's about time we had a club that had standards. But still supporters aren't happy. It beggars belief.
I know it's old news now but have to highlight this post. Very well put.

So how would it have been worse with Blease in the side today? We had no run whatsoever. What kids are going to start supporting us? I guess at least we moved Howe forward (finally).

Also, I realise we have been on the end of some floggings in the last few years, but i find it funny that we are apparently concentrating on defence first and yet Selwood gets 15 touches in the first quarter. So what part of defence are we concentrating on?

So how would it have been worse with Blease in the side today? We had no run whatsoever. What kids are going to start supporting us? I guess at least we moved Howe forward (finally).

Also, I realise we have been on the end of some floggings in the last few years, but i find it funny that we are apparently concentrating on defence first and yet Selwood gets 15 touches in the first quarter. So what part of defence are we concentrating on?
Right on the money. No run = molasses on the field.

When will we see the back of Mckenzie???

Right on the money. No run = molasses on the field.

When will we see the back of Mckenzie???
And everyone is disagreeing with me wanting Blease in the side because he 'isn't doing the defensive things' that Allison/Roos/whoever is asking of him. Just as well, because the guys in the 1s are really doing their defensive duties really well. Letting Selwood get 15 touches in 20 minutes is a defensive masterclass. Oh yeah, and kicking 5 goals in a game, 2 of which were off the back of ordinary umpiring decisions is great. What could be lost by giving someone with the slightest bit of flair a game? Nothing. What could be gained? Fans and goals

Me for forgetting the preview

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet

hank-scorpio-o.gif

Gas bottle needs a refill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good a season Jack Watts is having according to Roos!

Watts is going to be appointed Roos' successor. You heard it here first.

Nope, you have it wrong, it's going to be Dawes: Captain, Coach and CHF (come hat rack), on $2.8m per year.

I think you may be on to a winner there. I hear he gives a good press conference and I bet he could fill out a coaches box nicely. Has anyone seen him throw a phone?

I think you may be on to a winner there. I hear he gives a good press conference and I bet he could fill out a coaches box nicely. Has anyone seen him throw a phone?
Struggles to pick the phone up in one grab

Its baaaaaaaack

comment_lTKnkybNMMFCkgmVmGGtlI59IkeWGYeU.gif

The blowtorch on delay due to a fijian holiday :D

BLOWTORCH- Melbourne supporters

All the melbourne supporters who screamed and cried for Blease and JKH to be put back into the team need to look at the game they played against Port

I havent seen Blease (especially) JKH and Tapscott put together such an impressive defensive game

The fact that they both scored ripping running goals is almost irrelevant because they helped our gameplan work whilst then using their weapons
Once they start doing that every week then you can truly argue for their inclusion of Jones/Bail/Terlich etc

Paul Roos once again take a bow

Mini Torch- For the peanuts who couldnt work out to replace the flat footys early in the quarter instead of letting it continue on for the whole quarter

BLOWTORCH- Melbourne supporters

All the melbourne supporters who screamed and cried for Blease and JKH to be put back into the team need to look at the game they played against Port

I havent seen Blease (especially) JKH and Tapscott put together such an impressive defensive game

The fact that they both scored ripping running goals is almost irrelevant because they helped our gameplan work whilst then using their weapons
Once they start doing that every week then you can truly argue for their inclusion of Jones/Bail/Terlich etc

Paul Roos once again take a bow

Mini Torch- For the peanuts who couldnt work out to replace the flat footys early in the quarter instead of letting it continue on for the whole quarter
Doesn't this apply to you mate? I seem to remember you ragging on Blease for the past few months :p

Doesn't this apply to you mate? I seem to remember you ragging on Blease for the past few months :p

Its partly on me because I think his leg speed doesnt make up for alot of his other average qualities
However if he can work as hard as Rohan Bail did in the first half and Cam Pederson in the 3rd quarter then I cant complain about some bad kicks then can I?

Its partly on me because I think his leg speed doesnt make up for alot of his other average qualities
However if he can work as hard as Rohan Bail did in the first half and Cam Pederson in the 3rd quarter then I cant complain about some bad kicks then can I?

No... certainly not when Bail and Pedersen are noted for bad kicking!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back