3DS The Nintendo 3DS Thread

i wouldn't hold your breath for 'new' 3DS exclusive games.. there will just be games where the 3D is worth using now because the function is decent and there is more horsepower. that's how I've understood it anyway. people seem to have interpreted this as there being entirely 'new' 3DS only games.. I would be surprised to see that.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
The White one looks pretty good. Will probably get one for Christmas. Surprised they didn't add a higher resolution though.

Apparently I should be looking forward to two Harvest Moon games soon. Story of Seasons -- name changed because Marvelous AQL don't own the HM name in Yankeeland -- and The Lost Valley. SoS had a Japanese release and has an explicit American release date with only a European TBA. TLV seems to only be having an English release because it's Natsume. American release this week, European release whenever.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I want to start getting in to Zelda games is it worth starting on Ocarina of time? do I need to play the other games that come out before it to understand whats going on? Does it look and play well on the 3DS?

I have played a little of a "link to the past" on a SuperNES emulator but I kinda got lost playing it. Not to say I didn't enjoy it I just felt it didn't give me much direction. plus I don't think it was a game meant to be played with an emulator and an Xbox controller.

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
I want to start getting in to Zelda games is it worth starting on Ocarina of time? do I need to play the other games that come out before it to understand whats going on? Does it look and play well on the 3DS?

I have played a little of a "link to the past" on a SuperNES emulator but I kinda got lost playing it. Not to say I didn't enjoy it I just felt it didn't give me much direction. plus I don't think it was a game meant to be played with an emulator and an Xbox controller.
you are fine to start with ocarina of time. in terms of story line, it's probably the ideal starting point as it's the most important game in the series. also there is a bit more in-game guidance to tell you (HEY! LISTEN!) where you need to go. the 3ds port is a very good version.

see how you go with ocarina of time but i would recommend eventually giving a link to the past another go. i wouldn't recommend following it to a tee as i think it takes away from the experience of a zelda game, but this zelda dungeon walkthrough is very good and should help out with general guidance:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda03-a-link-to-the-past-walkthrough.php

I picked up the new XL 3DS, I had been using my limited 25th LoZ anniversary one so definitely needed an upgrade as I didn't want to damage that one.

Love the bigger screen so much already, still pissed I missed out one the limited edition ALBW one though :(

Limited Edition version of Majora's Mask 3DS has been announced for North America....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ed_edition_bundle_confirmed_for_north_america

it will come with a Skull Kid figurine and have a recommended price of $49.99

I don't know which version I'd rather have.. Skull Kid figurine is too good - imagine if we get something completely different? Hopefully something at least. Perhaps if we get the Euro version (posters, pin, steel book etc) I'd buy the American version for the figurine then sell the game on eBay.. good tactic?

ps. Skull Kid for Smash 4!

Back