Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great half of football.

I'd lock down on Stevie J. Getting too much space.

Good to see Monster performing well. He'd be top five on the ground at the moment.

Pet hate of mine: the overuse of the term 'read it well'.

I understand it's applicability, but farken hell it pisses me off how it's used every time a crap kick favours one player to the extent that it disqualifies all others from getting to the contest.

'Geez he read that well!'

No he didn't, he was standing 5 metres behind the pack before the kick was made, and the ball then went 10 metres beyond the pack...pretty much into his hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks and cats shows how far away we still are. We have no consistency, too many players go missing far to often and until this changes we will continue to be middle road.

Yet we were competitive against both last year and could have won all 4 games against both.

Yep but they win games and play consistent and give themselves a chance to win all games.
Not just that, but they go to another level in big games.

It does give some merit to opposition supporters when they say we beat good teams that weren't at their best.

Collingwood in rd 24 last year, both close games against Hawks last year. If hawks and Geelong bring that kind of footy against us (and inevitably in the finals) I question our ability to match it with them. We have a fair bit of work to do yet.

Not just that, but they go to another level in big games.

It does give some merit to opposition supporters when they say we beat good teams that weren't at their best.

Collingwood in rd 24 last year, both close games against Hawks last year. If hawks and Geelong bring that kind of footy against us (and inevitably in the finals) I question our ability to match it with them. We have a fair bit of work to do yet.

This attitude shits me when it comes from our own. We beat teams because we play top football and don't let the opposition play to their strengths. Why is it so hard to acknowledge good performances from the club but so easy to throw s**t at the club when we lose.

We are 3-4 seriously good footballers off this level consistently.

I seriously think we are 3 years away from this level.

Not till Drew,Wells,Boomer and other senior players are gone.
And replaced by the likes of Cunners,Ziebs and others as senior players will we be primed for a real crack at the top.

Still feeling the pain from the laidley era.

We are 3-4 seriously good footballers off this level consistently.
It's not about how many individually good footballers we have. It's about how they play together; how they trust each other, how they work for each other.

This attitude shits me when it comes from our own. We beat teams because we play top football and don't let the opposition play to their strengths. Why is it so hard to acknowledge good performances from the club but so easy to throw s**t at the club when we lose.
Not at all mate, I'm one who always supports the club. A little too much sometimes. Never said a bad word about Scott or Drew.

I'm just saying there is a question mark over our group and our ability to lift another level. Watching today's game I was in awe at the constant pressure and skill on display from both sides. When one side looked out of it, someone would drag the team back into it. Was neck to neck all day and a pleasure to watch.

Either way, I think we still have awhile to go to reach that standard and. As it stands, if Geelong or Hawthorn play their absolute best (attacking and defensively) and we play our absolute best, they will beat us. I won't shy from that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back