Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing "Gorgeous" George has is plenty of guts. Could be handy in the cut and thrust of an AFL finals series.

You're on the money there TT. Could be the first player charged with swallowing his opponent. And I don't mean in the Zac Dawson sense.

tumblr_mnqbujEbwV1qd1g9mo1_500.gif

Terry Milera's wandering back to South Australia at the end of the year:

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-28/milera

St Kilda Football Club has been advised by Terry Milera of his desire to return home to South Australia at the end of 2014 for personal reasons.

The 26-year-old has played 30 games and kicked 31 goals for the Saints since his debut in Round 1, 2012.

Milera is contracted until the end of 2015 but St Kilda will support his interest in returning to South Australia subject to a satisfactory trade being completed.

St Kilda Head of Football, Chris Pelchen said that while the club was disappointed with the likelihood of Milera departing the Saints, it was understanding of the circumstances surrounding his decision.

"We are sorry that Terry is likely to move on from the Saints at the end of the season but we fully appreciate the personal reasons contributing to his decision," Pelchen said.

"Terry has shown that he is a player of some ability and we will endeavour to seek a satisfactory trade for the mutual benefit of both him and the club."

Milera is available to play with St Kilda's alignment team, Sandringham in this weekend's VFL Elimination Final against Collingwood at Victoria Park.

O'Keefe "retiring" at the end of the year, but delisted from the Swans.

That's odd. Just keep him on the list & don't play him.

Unless there's some sort of rookie upgrade thing with the freed up spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gia is hanging up the boots too, might possibly get a full a game to go out on

Was at Albert Park on Monday where a father-son pair where kicking with each other. Son fumbled the mark Dad chased and tackled him and grabbed the ball, running away laughing. Son (6-7ish) sulks claiming unfairness. Dad replies; "why? Because I got the ball?", "No!", the son retorts, "you pushed me in the back!". Dad (somewhat seriously) dismisses him; "don't be ridiculous, I didn't touch your back, don't be like a Cats player and cry about frees - no one likes it, only Cats players do that". Had a good chuckle to myself and felt like going up and shaking his hand/giving him a hi/high-5.

And now Luke Ball done:

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 13s
luke ball wont get a new contract at collingwood... tomorrow night his final game...

Matt Thompson ‏@MattThompson 27s
BREAKING: Luke Ball has just announced his retirement

My people are EXTREMELY unhappy with this development. Buckley is Melbournising Collingwood, shifting quality older players out so the stars of tomorrow can be fast-tracked... without the leadership and role modelling these guys provide. And Ball is adored, for lifting the side (with Jolly) from almost a to a flag, and just for the kind of player and man he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back