Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My people are EXTREMELY unhappy with this development. Buckley is Melbournising Collingwood, shifting quality older players out so the stars of tomorrow can be fast-tracked... without the leadership and role modelling these guys provide. And Ball is adored, for lifting the side (with Jolly) from almost a to a flag, and just for the kind of player and man he is.
I think the difference is that Melbourne pushed out players that still had good footy left in them. Ball hasn't looked like himself this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My folks were there. They are close with a lot of diehards and some insiders, and came home saying the mood in their crowd is very dark against Buckley. They also noticed how thin the Collingwood crowd was and thought it was especially poor when everyone knew it was Ball's last game (and the way Buckley is going, who knows who else will be moved on).

I liked the Twitter comments about how Eddie would be complaining about the fixturing affecting the crowd again.

If Jon Ralph is correct (tautology alert) it was also Tyson Goldsack's final game for the Pies.

Yep, piss poor turnout if the member numbers of both clubs are to be believed (140k+ combined?).

If Jon Ralph is correct (tautology alert) it was also Tyson Goldsack's final game for the Pies.

Yep, piss poor turnout if the member numbers of both clubs are to be believed (140k+ combined?).

They lose Ball , goldsack and maxwell in one season = lost their heart and soul of the club.

We will smash them in the next few years.

Figjam has destroyed that club- we were lucky we didnt get him

"The deal with Cricket Victoria would put an end to cash-strapped St Kilda's ill-fated move to the Linen House Centre in Seaford and remove Sheffield Shield Cricket from the MCG."
-Caroline Wilson

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/st-kil...mplex-deal-20140829-109xvs.html#ixzz3BnPkmNxo

Does this spell the end for Ballarat hopes, which I believe depended on a multi-sport facility involving Cricket Victoria?!

Is it just me or has the Collingwood "army" dissipated somewhat?
People have short memories. They've been up for about 9 years and many ferals thought it's their god given right to be in the finals, and clubs who haven't had success during that time (which includes North) are irrelevant. But guess what? They've been crap in the past and they are crap again now - the wheel has come full circle. And the Collingwood army are somewhat shocked by this development. Suck on it!

I was there, in the mate's corporate box and was once again reminded by the amount of weird types that support Collingwood. Even on the boxes level where you would expect half civilized looking people, there were blokes in the lift who looked like they just injected on the way to the game.

It's been a heavy fall for Collingwood and one that will take some getting used to.

I was there, in the mate's corporate box and was once again reminded by the amount of weird types that support Collingwood. Even on the boxes level where you would expect half civilized looking people, there were blokes in the lift who looked like they just injected on the way to the game.

It's been a heavy fall for Collingwood and one that will take some getting used to.

A fall is called when the fall has finished.

I like to say they have began their descent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back